The pet peeve thread

1 hour ago, oblong said:

There should be a deplaning custom where the first 2 minutes  are for who doesn’t need to go in an overhead bin. Just get up and walk out. 1/3 of the plane is now empty. Of course it would never work because there’s always someone who says “yeah but my stuff is right here… I’ll just quickly get it” or “I gotta get off now!”   Nothing works when people have to cooperate.  5% of people make life miserable for 95%.  

kind of the same way people who wait to merge in traffic til the last possible second forcing everyone already in line to break to let them in 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, smr-nj said:

Yeah, as a society, we basically have a …“ME. First, last , and always” attitude.

That's what we get in a society that eschews collectivism as a commie vice and values rugged individualism as a paramount virtue, both passed down through the generations.

• Like 2

This was years ago now, but I'll never forget the flight home after my Mom (rest her soul) passed away. I was in the last row, and figured it would take at least 45 minutes to get off. Imagine my surprise when everybody waited until the plane came to a full stop, the door opened, and then proceeded to exit, 1st to last row, with people very easily grabbing their bags from the compartments as they filed out. It's amazing how fast deplaning is when people just wait their turns.

I have a feeling that I'm not going to see that again.

2 hours ago, LaceyLou said:

This was years ago now, but I'll never forget the flight home after my Mom (rest her soul) passed away. I was in the last row, and figured it would take at least 45 minutes to get off. Imagine my surprise when everybody waited until the plane came to a full stop, the door opened, and then proceeded to exit, 1st to last row, with people very easily grabbing their bags from the compartments as they filed out. It's amazing how fast deplaning is when people just wait their turns.

I have a feeling that I'm not going to see that again.

Are you sure you didn’t fall asleep as the plane was coming in for a landing… dream this….,-and then, wake up when you were the last person on the plane? 😛😉

• Haha 1

I always get an aisle seat and while I don’t stand up right away I will eventually and like to prop both arms up and block the path.  Casually. Make sure everyone in my row on both sides get out like I am responsible for them.   

last summer when flying to fort myers there was an elderly Indian lady on our flight who spoke broken English.  People adopted her as their mom or grandma and made sure she got what she needed.  She was getting emotional as the guy in a cart led her away.  I heard her say “everyone is being so nice to me”. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, casimir said:

I know some folks think that roundabouts are a pet peeve, but there have been some added around heres that are not peevey at all and there are a couple of additional intersections where I'd like to see them added.

They have started to add a bunch of them in the Traverse City area in the last few years . I see people on facebook and comment sections freak out about them, I love them they make traffic flow so fast thru areas that you use to have to sit at a light for 5+ minutes .   OMG ITS SOMETHING NEW AND EUROPEAN IT HAS TO BE HORRIBLE!!!

• Like 1

Commercial for a drug and they are targeting gay people, obviously,  The drug is called Apretude and its for HIV pre-exposure.    In one part of the commercial two guys are standing away from each other on a train platform and one of the guys looks over and smiles and I don't care if he's straight or gay or if he's smiling at a man or a woman, it's the most Serial Killer smile you're ever going to see.    This guy must have watched Dexter to prep for this commercial.   It's so freaking creepy.  

Serial Killer Smile.jpg

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Commercial for a drug and they are targeting gay people, obviously,  The drug is called Apretude and its for HIV pre-exposure.    In one part of the commercial two guys are standing away from each other on a train platform and one of the guys looks over and smiles and I don't care if he's straight or gay or if he's smiling at a man or a woman, it's the most Serial Killer smile you're ever going to see.    This guy must have watched Dexter to prep for this commercial.   It's so freaking creepy.  

Serial Killer Smile.jpg

My pet peeve with this spot is that any time you watch a program on Amazon's FreeVee service, they play it at least twice per episode. They are 90 seconds long and not fast-forwardable. It also features a few scenes of PDA, which I don't particularly care for even in shows, let alone commercials. I get why they put it in there, though.