The pet peeve thread

that wouldn't bother me.  I do like the longer nights but we are in the western portion of the east time zone so I know it's unique.  But those midsummer nights when it's 10 pm and the daylight is hanging around... I equate that with good times. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Ordered a hose nozzle and a $1.98 plastic funnel from Lowes today to be picked up in one of their lockers.  Apparently that requires them to send me 3 texts and 4 emails to complete the entire transaction.  

That assumes they put it in the correct locker to begin with.

• Haha 1

They made us switch our prescriptions to walgreens..... it works fine when there's no problems, that's another entire post which I won't get into.

But I signed up for alerts.  the app will notify me.  Then a text.  Then a phone call.  

1 hour ago, oblong said:

They made us switch our prescriptions to walgreens..... it works fine when there's no problems, that's another entire post which I won't get into.

But I signed up for alerts.  the app will notify me.  Then a text.  Then a phone call.  

Our AARP plan is tied to CVS, usually no problem. With last weeks COVID diagnosis the branch I usually use called and said their Pavlovian was out of date. They found a local branch that had stock (about 20 minutes or so away). The problem was they left the onus on me to contact them rather than just transferring the prescription. Nearly an hour on the phone and no one answered. Their automated system was absolutely useless. 

I ended up calling my doctor back to have them move the prescription. My wife had it a bit easier since her video call was later in the afternoon. It all worked out in the end but it's not exactly great for the blood pressure when you're in a semi panic mode to begin with.

Edited by CMRivdogs

5 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Our AARP plan is tied to CVS, usually no problem. With last weeks COVID diagnosis the branch I usually use called and said their Pavlovian was out of date. They found a local branch that had stock (about 20 minutes or so away). The problem was they left the onus on me to contact them rather than just transferring the prescription. Nearly an hour on the phone and no one answered. Their automated system was absolutely useless. 

I ended up calling my doctor back to have them move the prescription. My wife had it a bit easier since her video call was later in the afternoon. It all worked out in the end but it's not exactly great for the blood pressure when you're in a semi panic mode to begin with.

We always used our neighborhood pharmacy, who is our neighbor, and the service was top notch.  I'd much rather support him.  We have good coverage and our meds were fairly cheap out of pocket so I'm not worried about paying $3.87 over $5.15, especially since I have to drive about a mile further.  I can call Allie anytime and he'll chase things up.  He'll sometimes bring them home to us.  The only benefit Walgreens had was the app and auto system, which again, works fine when there's no complications.  I can bring it up and punch a few things, refill submitted, no phone calls, etc.  We needed a steroid once and our local guy was able to get us some coupons to use, he did it all himself.  Walgreens we are just a piece names and numbers on a screen that they process as they come in.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

Once I found out when I was already struggling with a sinusitis attack that I had no Sudafed left, so I dragged myself to the closest CVS who informed me they didn't have the 24 hour one and that I should go to another one. I asked if they could call one of them to see if they had it in stock (so I wouldn't waste my time-keep in mind I was in a lot of pain) but they refused. Luckily the supermarket had it in stock, and for quite a bit cheaper. Needless to say I'm glad the hospital where I now work has a pharmacy that sells a lot of the basics.

Ordered new tires for my bicycle.  I didn’t think I would need new tubes, but wasn’t confident about it until I started changing tires today.  Tubes seemed fine, so didn’t worry about it.  Got the tires on eventually (I’m not mechanical at all), the rims reattached to the frame, reinflated the tubes.  Alright, good deal.  Start cleaning things up and BANG, I hear a gunshot sound.  Well, it wasn’t a gunshot, it was an overinflated tube.  I’m really looking forward to the new tubes being delivered tomorrow and going through the process again.

• Haha 1

Just now, casimir said:

Ordered new tires for my bicycle.  I didn’t think I would need new tubes, but wasn’t confident about it until I started changing tires today.  Tubes seemed fine, so didn’t worry about it.  Got the tires on eventually (I’m not mechanical at all), the rims reattached to the frame, reinflated the tubes.  Alright, good deal.  Start cleaning things up and BANG, I hear a gunshot sound.  Well, it wasn’t a gunshot, it was an overinflated tube.  I’m really looking forward to the new tubes being delivered tomorrow and going through the process again.

I love kevlar bead tires since you can fold them up and carry them easiy on a long unsupported ride or tour, but when they are new they can be so damn tight and require such a fight that it's not ususal for me to ruin a couple of tubes trying to get a new kevlar bead tire mounted the 1st time.

A trick a learned from an old hand when mounting a HP bike tire to try and cut down on bead lifts is to inflate, then deflate almost all the way (to where you can squeeze the tire in by hand, and reset the bead all the way around - then reinflate. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/3/2023 at 7:06 AM, oblong said:

Most apps allow you to fix that in Settings.

I am in the waiting room for a car wash—a very good but very slow car wash—and I am stuck in here with a guy who has the sad trombone from Price is Right as his text tone. It’s going off two, three, four times a minute. It is truly depressing. 

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s today’s peeve.

I did my grocery shopping, got all the fine fruits & vegetables I needed… then at the register, gave into temptation and bought a chocolate bar w/hazelnuts & raisins. *sigh*

Now I’ve unpacked and put away my groceries…. And I can’t locate the freaking candy bar.  

This is upsetting me more than is reasonable.  
I don’t know if that’s a peeve, but I’m pissed, and I wanted to SHARE.  😂

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

getting very upset at losing chocolate is very reasonable.

I’ve come to the sad conclusion that said chocolate bar never made it to the packages I was bagging…. I can only hope the next person after me on line saw it & threw it in their bag and enjoyed it this afternoon.*

(*suppressed whimper)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m tired of apps for companies making this transition from a utility to just pay my bill or get support to something being used to sell me services. The latest is my mortgage. Before I can get to payment options they keep pushing me to refinance or telling me how valuable my home is if I want to sell. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, oblong said:

I’m tired of apps for companies making this transition from a utility to just pay my bill or get support to something being used to sell me services. The latest is my mortgage. Before I can get to payment options they keep pushing me to refinance or telling me how valuable my home is if I want to sell. 

I do my taxes with TurboTax and then Credit Karma is "free" once I'm done. "Fantastic" I think because I'd like to keep an eye on anything going on with my credit. Now I am getting multiple non-stop CC offers daily via email.

6 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

I do my taxes with TurboTax and then Credit Karma is "free" once I'm done. "Fantastic" I think because I'd like to keep an eye on anything going on with my credit. Now I am getting multiple non-stop CC offers daily via email.

I think any company that tells you your house is worth $$$ should legally be required to buy it from you for that price if you wish.... kind of like what Elon did with Twitter.

Xfinity's app is the same way.  Before I could just go there and do a reboot of something.  Quickly.  Now with the "better app" it seems like all it does is try to get me to buy more internet or security.  In order to do anything or get any info, you have to basically use the AI chat tool.