2022 MLB Postseason Thread

chasfh

1 hour ago, Shades of Deivi Cruz said:

Gross. I want to see anything but that. LOL! 

I was rooting for the Ms yesterday, but I have a hard time seeing how they bounce back from that loss. Just excruciating... 

Me too, that they burned a lot of arms and have nothing but a demoralized feeling to show for it. 

Cleveland's offense also makes it hard to see them moving past the Yankees. I'd be betting on another Yankee-Astro match up, so sick of it.

On the other side, the nl looks much more interesting. The braves/Phillies series should be a ton of fun

I thought coming in that since they were riding a hot hand, the Guardians had a good chance to advance past the Yankees and maybe even Astros. But once I reminded myself of the black hole they have at the bottom of their order, I started having doubts about that.

34 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

I wanted to just say that Dombrowski has his 4th team in the playoffs; not sure the Phillies can club their way to WS, but possible; dude knows what he is doing better than most

Yes, it could have been a very different outcome over the last 7 seasons if he and Mr I don’t have their falling out.

Think about 2006.  The reason the ending of the season sucked so much was because the collapse was going to potentially wipe it all away.  After the great season full of so many special moments then all we get is a lame wild card and loss to the Yankees?  Seemed that way after game 1.  The team celebrated in KC when clinching a playoff berth but that was on the road.  That would have been it.  I suspect that's why the post game celebration after beating the Yankees played out the way it did. It was a  makeup party.  If the team had won the division title the final weekend they would have partied at home like they did after the Yankees.  

Interesting tidbit by Costas in the broadcast, let’s see if i remember it accurately: today was the fourth time Judge struck out four times in a playoff game. As with this time, the first three times also came against the Cleveland ballclub. Judge went 1-for-20 with SIXTEEN strikeouts in that series.

You know what’s gonna happen, though, right? Go on, guess … 😁