Media Meltdown and also Media Bias 101

pfife

On 12/8/2021 at 11:04 PM, ewsieg said:

To your point, was it an insurrection, I don't know.  Probably not.  Trump IMO, wasn't viewing it as that, he probably thought all the 'yes' men around him were saying the truth.  And those playing the 'stolen election' angle, probably sure some truly believed it and the others justified it in some way.  

I dont know how either of these things are inconsistent with the idea that an insurrection took place on 1/6.

If anything, a lot has come out since then (such as the power point) that has bolstered the case that the folks at the top were more serious about overturning the election result and installing Trump than I had realized.

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

I dont know how either of these things are inconsistent with the idea that an insurrection took place on 1/6.

If anything, a lot has come out since then (such as the power point) that has bolstered the case that the folks at the top were more serious about overturning the election result and installing Trump than I had realized.

It was an insurrection.  They legitimately thought that on January 6 events would occur that would have prevented Biden from being declared the winner.  They thought it was going to happen.  That's why they had their "party". It was a tailgate for a game they expected to win.

4 minutes ago, oblong said:

It was an insurrection.  They legitimately thought that on January 6 events would occur that would have prevented Biden from being declared the winner.  They thought it was going to happen.  That's why they had their "party". It was a tailgate for a game they expected to win.

Yeah, there was definitely planning around what happened.

That doesn't mean that every single person who showed up was involved in the planning, but you'll never convince me that the entire event was spontaneous...

On 12/9/2021 at 12:04 AM, ewsieg said:

.... was it an insurrection, I don't know.  Probably not.  Trump IMO, wasn't viewing it as that...

Bullshit.

He asked for an insurrection.

He directed the insurrection.

He loved that he got an insurrection.

He is too F'ing gutless to participate/ or lead an insurrection... so he went and hid out while it occurred...

And he was upset when it failed.

Pure. And simple.

40 minutes ago, Archie said:

Inflation was the big story tonight from Lester Holt.  They were talking about people who were not buying Christmas presents this year because they couldn't afford them.

The Elite 17% are too busy adding on to their lake homes and trying to count  all that stimulus money in the bank to care. At least that’s the narrative I am being told.

Right because some people not being able to buy christmas presents never happened until 2021. I guess all those years I was adopting families and buying clothes and toys… I was just being duped.  That’s what I get for being an elitist.  

but I also thought all the shelves were empty?  Can you guys make up your mind?  

10 hours ago, oblong said:

Right because some people not being able to buy christmas presents never happened until 2021. I guess all those years I was adopting families and buying clothes and toys… I was just being duped.  That’s what I get for being an elitist.  

Wow you gave out a few shillings, I would sleep better at night to good stuff. 

10 hours ago, oblong said:

The media likes to focus on the extreme cases (think the parents that were complaining on CNN about how much they spend on milk when they buy 12 gal/wk).

That doesn't mean that inflation doesn't impact a family's budget. I do the finances in our house and I know it has impacted ours.... 

Having said that, I also know that its a little more complicated than just saying its all Biden's fault as well. A lot of it comes down to supply chain issues, and much of that us beyond our control. 

19 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

The media likes to focus on the extreme cases (think the parents that were complaining on CNN about how much they spend on milk when they buy 12 gal/wk).

That doesn't mean that inflation doesn't impact a family's budget. I do the finances in our house and I know it has impacted ours.... 

Having said that, I also know that its a little more complicated than just saying its all Biden's fault as well. A lot of it comes down to supply chain issues, and much of that us beyond our control. 

Exaclty, Biden has not caused inflation but here we are. The problem I have is the left spins it that inflation will stop after Christmas just like Trump said COVID would be gone at Easter......

17 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Exaclty, Biden has not caused inflation but here we are. The problem I have is the left spins it that inflation will stop after Christmas just like Trump said COVID would be gone at Easter......

As someone on "the left" I'd like to formally disassociate myself with claims that it will be gone by Christmas.  I don't know when it will be done.   

tags: inflation, receipts for December 26th me

Edited by pfife

6 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Not just that, but just the pretending thr problem doesn't exist in general.... it comes across as out of touch. Not so much elected politicians on this front, but people on the left on social media and such. 

In terms of how long it goes on, it's not just gonna magically go away, the increases in CPI will taper month by month over time... from what I've read, getting down to 4% or less by Q2 next year would be a win at this point

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

population is still getting older, demand will still be weak once supply chain issues taper off so the long term trend will remain deflationary. On the inflation side the labor market is finally tight enough to produce some wage inflation, and the the stimulus on the fiscal side is large. But the monetary stimulus on the fed side has also been large and as the Fed tapers that the extra effect of the fiscal stimulus will be blunted.  I can see the problem being that as the Fed tapers, it will depress the market and the Wall Street people will start screaming about it. One of the problems ever since 2008 is that too much of the stimulus in the economy has been monetary, and that money tends to flow too much to investors, compared to fiscal stimulus which flows into the economy on more of a bottom up basis. But we have a pretty spoiled investor class in the US now. The Fed should be able to control this inflation if politics allow it to.

8 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Exaclty, Biden has not caused inflation but here we are. The problem I have is the left spins it that inflation will stop after Christmas ...

It will slow down after Christmas because we enter a very normal slowdown in the winter months. Less home buying, less gift giving, less driving, pretty much less everything. 

That will slow down inflation... and it ain't magic... and it ain't conspiracy mongering from the left.

The world has until spring to figure out how to loosen up supply chains...