Media Meltdown and also Media Bias 101

pfife

Biden's problem is that Fox & etal right wing fascist media is going to bash the hell out of him no matter what. They're biased.

And they'll excuse Trump's fascist violence because they don't care about anything except their Partisan Hackery.

So Trump is starting from a base of biased support, and Biden is starting from a base of antagonistic news media: NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS.

So if Biden hits a rough patch, mainstream media will also bash Biden whilst Fox & Fellow Fascist networks will bash him regardless. That's how Biden slips below a guy who tried to overthrow Democracy and the Constitution of the United States.

30 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Biden's problem is that Fox & etal right wing fascist media is going to bash the hell out of him no matter what. They're biased.

And they'll excuse Trump's fascist violence because they don't care about anything except their Partisan Hackery.

So Trump is starting from a base of biased support, and Biden is starting from a base of antagonistic news media: NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS.

So if Biden hits a rough patch, mainstream media will also bash Biden whilst Fox & Fellow Fascist networks will bash him regardless. That's how Biden slips below a guy who tried to overthrow Democracy and the Constitution of the United States.

Its not just Fox anymore.  I've been surprised but several mainstream media sources are now going against him including his home team of NBC and CNN.  When you screw up things as bad as this administration has its hard to ignore it.

On 12/5/2021 at 11:51 AM, 1984Echoes said:

So the media is biased against Biden because if he's doing poorly mainstream media will bash him?  

43 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

So the media is biased against Biden because if he's doing poorly mainstream media will bash him?  

No, but Biden doesn’t have the base on unwavering media support that Trump does, no matter how much right-wing media tells you he does.

1 hour ago, ewsieg said:

I'm good with criticism of Biden when he deserves criticism. And there are issues: immigration, the speed with which they are dealing with supply chain disruptions, etc. The big problem I have with the media coverage of Biden is pretty well captured by that Politico post I shared about Kamala Harris / bluetooth...

There's a zeal on parts of the "mainstream media" to not only find issues where they don't exist, but in the case of the above, just flat out not do any research as to why Harris may take a stance that she does. That's hackery at its worst, it's happened with some frequency during this administration, and in the case of the above, I can't help but compare with the relative ambivalence these same folks had toward data security exhibited during the previous administration, where the principal couldn't go five minutes without his phone.

Edited by mtutiger

9 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I'm good with criticism of Biden when he deserves criticism. And there are issues: immigration, the speed with which they are dealing with supply chain disruptions, etc. The big problem I have with the media coverage of Biden is pretty well captured by that Politico post I shared about Kamala Harris / bluetooth...

There's a zeal on parts of the "mainstream media" to not only find issues where they don't exist, but in the case of the above, just flat out not do any research as to why Harris may take a stance that she does. That's hackery at its worst, it's happened with some frequency during this administration, and in the case of the above, I can't help but compare with the relative ambivalence these same folks had toward data security exhibited during the previous administration, where the principal couldn't go five minutes without his phone.

I feel like we are grading on a curve in regards to the previous admin. 

6 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

I feel like we are grading on a curve in regards to the previous admin. 

The fact that the previous administration delivered so much scandal so frequently had the effect of pushing the "outrageous, yet relatively mundane" stuff (such as the fact that Donald Trump spent four years tweeting using an unsecured device) into the background. 

With respect to Politico jumping Kamala on her skepticism of Bluetooth, after the previous administration, I just don't have a lot of tolerance for that kinda "tan suit" bullshit.

11 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Even if there is deserved criticism, it's not always equal. Kamala Harris not using bluetooth headphones, which seems smart to me honestly, is not the same as the president's son and chief of staff using burner phones during the insurrection. 

Insurrection?  When was that?

10 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

January 6th, 2021.

An attempted coup against the Constitution of the United States.

Anyone who denies that is a Benedict Arnold Mother Fucking Traitor to Democracy, to the United States, to the Constitution of the United States.

If it was an insurrection like you and others here claim why hasn't anyone been charged with it?  They are being extra tough on these people so if there was an actual insurrection they would be charged with it.  But if it makes you feel better to make up things then go ahead.  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Archie said:

If it was an insurrection like you and others here claim why hasn't anyone been charged with it?  They are being extra tough on these people so if there was an actual insurrection they would be charged with it.  But if it makes you feel better to make up things then go ahead.  

The lightweights come first. And the light sentences.

The conspirators, and sedition and other heavier sentences come last.

You're not intelligent enough to know this?

15 hours ago, Archie said:

Almost like the investigation into all the folks that would have led an insurrection has been blocked as much as possible.  Crazy.

To your point, was it an insurrection, I don't know.  Probably not.  Trump IMO, wasn't viewing it as that, he probably thought all the 'yes' men around him were saying the truth.  And those playing the 'stolen election' angle, probably sure some truly believed it and the others justified it in some way.  

In the end though, the framework was laid out on how to steal an election.  Just hope enough safeguards have been put in place to avoid it.