Media Meltdown and also Media Bias 101

pfife

I don't have a drop ceiling in my unfinished basement... I know... what kind of elitist am I with an unfinished basement....

and what should I trademark?  I'm more than confused now.  Maybe it's all the avecado toast I had with my vegan green herbal tea that's messing me up.

4 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I was kidding, thats his trademark comment when he gets triggered. Go look through his posts, he has basically patented it!

OK, that's fine. Just so you know, it doesn't read like you're kidding until you explain it. But I understand now.

2 minutes ago, oblong said:

I don't have a drop ceiling in my unfinished basement... I know... what kind of elitist am I with an unfinished basement....

and what should I trademark?  I'm more than confused now.  Maybe it's all the avecado toast I had with my vegan green herbal tea that's messing me up.

Who can forget the Avocado toast thread?

On 12/13/2021 at 9:06 AM, mtutiger said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: people focus so much on left/right bias that they seem blinded to the ways that access can bias journalists as well.

Foreign policy is a great example... there's not a lot of daylight between the Jake Tapper or Josh Rogins of the world and the folks ago were largely in favor of staying in that country forever.

So no, I don't think that journalists were particularly objective during that period.

this

On 12/13/2021 at 8:06 AM, mtutiger said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: people focus so much on left/right bias that they seem blinded to the ways that access can bias journalists as well.

Foreign policy is a great example... there's not a lot of daylight between the Jake Tapper or Josh Rogins of the world and the folks ago were largely in favor of staying in that country forever.

So no, I don't think that journalists were particularly objective during that period.

If you want to understand clearly how access biases journalism, spend just a week or two reading Tigers coverage in the Free Press, News, and MLive.

1 hour ago, casimir said:

Different cartoon.

image.jpeg.44263bf1cf370666a2542ab6d504a454.jpeg

Let me try..... Hmm sleepy.... Sleepy Joe! Wait he is a dwarf who lives with a bunch of dudes AND his shirt is tan. Its suppose to be Joe Biden who likes little people probably in a non professional way. Judging by the picture and I can't tell if he is for or against bluetooth ear buds but I would guess he is more of a wired guy. I mean you can't even trust apples to be safe.

1 hour ago, casimir said:

I gotta be honest, avocado toast sounds like a terrible start to the day.  Maybe I'm missing something.

I have avocado and eggs every morning. Sometimes with a side of pan-fried cherry tomatoes, sometimes spinach.

And Frank’s hot sauce. (Yes. I actually DO put that shit on everything.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Some of it is the disadvantage that Dems have with the EC, but you wouldn't know from the media that Biden appears to have (per 538) bottomed out at -10 on average while Trump bottomed out at closer to -20.

Edited by mtutiger

Dominion's goal isn't money.  They want the emails of the Murdoch family.  They don't want to settle where nobody admits fault.  They want the definitive proof exposed and in public that Fox knew what they were promoting via their hosts and guests was wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Not one. of Faux's better weeks....

Honestly never ceases to amaze how Fox News is the self-appointed ombudsmen of mainstream press coverage when they are embroiled in a multi-billion dollar defamation case. 

Edited by mtutiger

3 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Honestly never ceases to amaze how Fox News is the self-appointed ombudsmen of mainstream press coverage when they are embroiled in a multi-billion dollar defamation case. 

and are clearly part of the news with the Jan6 committee.