Media Meltdown and also Media Bias 101

pfife

7 hours ago, Archie said:

If Mars would have done nothing, Carlson wouldn't be talking about it and Mars wouldn't be losing customers.  The real snowflakes that need saferooms, cupcakes and puppy dogs to survive are the liberals and mainly the young liberals.  That's a bad try to deflect from your political party and its members.  Everyone knows who the reals (snow) flakes are.

This is part of the bigger problem we face.  Liberals are so worked up about what shoes a piece of fake candy is wearing in an ad and ignoring real problems. Inflation is soaring, the markets are crashing, covid is tearing through the country and thousands of Americans are dying from it and lets not forget we are being invaded on our southern border by millions of illegal aliens.  However, we have a POTUS that is more intent on trying to go to war with Russia over a country that's not even an ally.  Truth is he is a bumbling idiot that can't come up with a coherent sentence, does not have the mental capacity to dress himself and reported crapped his pants in public.  The world is laughing at us while the country is imploding from within thanks to the democrat party that everyone here is blindly following.

Sounds like you're the one that's worked up.  Candy companies are making business decisions.  Capitalism is a good thing.  

Everyone loves to make excuses for the failed Biden admin and democrat agenda.  If inflation, market crash, etc were happening under a Republican administration or god forbid the Trump administration there would be so much crying I could get rich off stock in Kleenex. 

40 minutes ago, Archie said:

Everyone loves to make excuses for the failed Biden admin and democrat agenda.  If inflation, market crash, etc were happening under a Republican administration or god forbid the Trump administration there would be so much crying I could get rich off stock in Kleenex. 

You literally think the market didn't crash under the prior admin.  You're so precious. 

1 hour ago, Archie said:

The dow is up 2800% since I started investing but it currently tanking.  What happened a year a go or 40 years ago doesn't matter.  Its all about now.  You made my point about excuses.

lmao ok chief hilarious to say after you just were telling us about the prior administration not having a crash troll

Edited by pfife

4 hours ago, Archie said:

1 hour ago, Archie said:

The dow is up 2800% since I started investing but it currently tanking.  What happened a year a go or 40 years ago doesn't matter.  Its all about now.  You made my point about excuses.

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

What do Republicans stand for anyway. And what have they done in the last 10 years to help the middle class?

The North Carolina General Assembly, which has been majority Republican for several years now, has lowered the flat income tax rate here from 5.25% in 2021 to 4.9% in 2022 and will bottom at 3.9% in a couple more years. 
This rate applies to everyone statewide. They managed to do this with a sitting Democrat in the executive. Cooper signed it but you can take it to the bank, a Democratically controlled legislature would have never taken this initiative and it only moved forward because the GOP had the majority in both chambers.

How’s life in VA? I’m too lazy to follow the rates there?

16 minutes ago, 1776 said:

The North Carolina General Assembly, which has been majority Republican for several years now, has lowered the flat income tax rate here from 5.25% in 2021 to 4.9% in 2022 and will bottom at 3.9% in a couple more years. 
This rate applies to everyone statewide. They managed to do this with a sitting Democrat in the executive. Cooper signed it but you can take it to the bank, a Democratically controlled legislature would have never taken this initiative and it only moved forward because the GOP had the majority in both chambers.

How’s life in VA? I’m too lazy to follow the rates there?

The VA car tax has survived several GOP and DEM governors.  i can’t think of a less popular tax for the average voter and this damn thing just won’t die.

Loving it here. Tax rate runs is around 5.75 for over $17,000. Social Security is not taxed and you get to deduct $12,000 from other incomes. Local taxes seem reasonable. Youngkin wants to drop sales tax on groceries, which is ok with me. Roll back the gas tax, which won't make a measurable difference at the pumps.

A split Legislator for now. Biggest gripe a week into the new regime is that like all businesspeople with no legislative or government administrative experience he's trying to run the state with Executive Orders that go against current state and constitutional law.

Note that this isn't my first go round here. I grew up in Roanoke. I also remember another Republican governor who reduced taxes (with a friendly legislator) and found himself deep in debt. Especially after killing the dreaded personal property tax on vehicles.

15 minutes ago, romad1 said:

The VA car tax has survived several GOP and DEM governors.  i can’t think of a less popular tax for the average voter and this damn thing just won’t die.

I just mentioned that. Didn't one governor actually kill it 20 years ago or so and ended up with a bunch of red ink?

edit. 

I found this 

https://taxfoundation.org/jim-gilmores-car-tax-repeal-plan-18-years-later/

Edited by CMRivdogs
  • Like 1