Media Meltdown and also Media Bias 101

pfife

I haven't seen that Chuck Todd show in months but I saw a bit of it this morning, long enough for him to start a sentence with "look" 12 times (I was counting) like the condescending punk that he is.  Amna Nawaz doesn't know how to pronounce her own name, she should say it the way Chuck does.

As for liberal bias, that's a joke, everybody was carving up Biden but it was fact-based, not the right wing fantasy nonsense.

18 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

I haven't seen that Chuck Todd show in months but I saw a bit of it this morning, long enough for him to start a sentence with "look" 12 times (I was counting) like the condescending punk that he is.  Amna Nawaz doesn't know how to pronounce her own name, she should say it the way Chuck does.

As for liberal bias, that's a joke, everybody was carving up Biden but it was fact-based, not the right wing fantasy nonsense.

“Look” is a holdover from the Obama administration. It seemed like the answer to every question from everybody top down started with “look”. It felt like “look” was mandated as a rhetorical tactic, but it might have been merely a mirroring tactic taken to the extreme.

6 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Does Carlson realize what he looks like complaining about the shoes that M&M characters wear?  I never even noticed what kind of shoes they were wearing before.  I guess I am just not into women's shoes like Carlson is.  

The SO was just reading a story about this to me today. Mars apparently gets a LOT of feedback from the M&M advertising. They wanted to update the female characters but there actually are a lot fans/critics watching everything they do *very* closely. 

#1stworldproblems

8 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

The SO was just reading a story about this to me today. Mars apparently gets a LOT of feedback from the M&M advertising. They wanted to update the female characters but there actually are a lot fans/critics watching everything they do *very* closely. 

#1stworldproblems

How do we know that the brown M&M is a female?  By assuming that, all of the men who like to wear high heels are now offended.  In reality its a piece of chocolate candy.  It has no gender.  This is sooooo stupid and what is wrong with the the liberals in the US who want to be "woke" and the morons in these corporations that think they need to appease them..  There are so many more important things to worry about.  The country is going down the drain faster than ever because of liberals and this is news.  God help us all!

43 minutes ago, Archie said:

How do we know that the brown M&M is a female?  By assuming that, all of the men who like to wear high heels are now offended.  In reality its a piece of chocolate candy.  It has no gender.  This is sooooo stupid and what is wrong with the the liberals in the US who want to be "woke" and the morons in these corporations that think they need to appease them..  There are so many more important things to worry about.  The country is going down the drain faster than ever because of liberals and this is news.  God help us all!

imagine being butthurt about m&m commecials

It's amazing that with inflation at the top of everyone's mind, they go to one of the wealthiest cities in Illinois and interview a guy who lives in a million dollar house and took thousands in PPP money.

Is it that hard for the Grey Lady to just go and talk to normal folks? 

Edited by mtutiger

10 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

It's amazing that with inflation at the top of everyone's mind, they go to one of the wealthiest cities in Illinois and interview a guy who lives in a million dollar house and took thousands in PPP money.

Is it that hard for the Grey Lady to just go and talk to normal folks? 

To be fair, it would appear the NYT really dug deep to find this guy.

9 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

To be fair, it would appear the NYT really dug deep to find this guy.

Incredible. But on par for the Times, they do this kinda stuff all the times. Particularly in their political reporting.

How freaking hard is it for a reporter to park themselves outside of a Meijer or Wal Mart in a middle class suburb or smaller town and get a quote on the issue that is most prevalent for average Americans?

It's just lazy as hell.