The 118th United States Congress

mtutiger

I suppose there are a couple of different views you can take on this episode. On the one hand, the bad news is that the anarchists were able to win by forcing the speaker to accept all their conditions - though the final word on that may not be written until we see if there turns out to be a fight on the rules, Monday. But on the other hand, the events can can also be read that the GOP caucus as a whole did stand firm and out last the anarchists by refusing to force McCarthy aside though the course of the 15 votes in which he lost only a single supporter from the first vote. Hard to know which of these interpretations is going to be more predictive of rest of the session.

So help me with this because I lost track a long time ago..............

What is the thing with Hunter Biden, anyway?   

Is it that he benefitted by being the son of a Senator/Vice President?    Because that has never, ever happened before. 

Just like Aunt Becky bribing her kids into to USC never ever happened before she did it.   

Just in a few sentences, enlighten me, because I refused to read any of their bullshit conspiracy-laden blogs. 

(I know it's just so they can get at Joe, but Hunter does not work in the administration like someone else's kids did). 

Edited by Motor City Sonics

Especially since the folks screaming about Hunter’s laptop and so called deals with China and and such seem to ignore that the former guy who lost has kids and a son in law who have made sweetheart deals with China and the Saudis. 

It’s only illegal if Democrats do it I guess

They think even current Ukraine policy is b/c of Hunter Biden's business operations.   And when Obama was president they pressured a prosecutor to drop an investigation into a company Hunter was on the board of allegedly

Another layer of it is when the story broke social media sites wouldn't allow the article from the NYPost

They definitely think he's linked to China as well but I don't know much about that

3 hours ago, pfife said:

They think even current Ukraine policy is b/c of Hunter Biden's business operations.   And when Obama was president they pressured a prosecutor to drop an investigation into a company Hunter was on the board of allegedly

Another layer of it is when the story broke social media sites wouldn't allow the article from the NYPost

They definitely think he's linked to China as well but I don't know much about that

Does he have a bank account there?  

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 2:15 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

So help me with this because I lost track a long time ago..............

What is the thing with Hunter Biden, anyway?   

Is it that he benefitted by being the son of a Senator/Vice President?    Because that has never, ever happened before. 

Just like Aunt Becky bribing her kids into to USC never ever happened before she did it.   

Just in a few sentences, enlighten me, because I refused to read any of their bullshit conspiracy-laden blogs. 

(I know it's just so they can get at Joe, but Hunter does not work in the administration like someone else's kids did). 

I feel like your comments on Aunt Becky are foreshadowing a means to dismiss any legitimate complaints that may arise from your question as 'everyone does that'.  For one, you're right, unfortunately the grift in Washington and likely even worse in State and Local governments is real and too many people, regardless of party affiliation, do it.

The Hunter/Burisma/Ukraine thing comes down to the fact that Burisma hired Hunter not because of any expertise he had, but just because of his name and the hopes it would keep some heat off of the Oligarch's company.  Joe Biden led a US delegate, which was part of a global delegate, that wanted to remove a corrupt attorney general (equivalent) for Ukraine.  In part because he was bribing some Ukrainian companies and letting them get away with corruption themselves.   Even the Obama administration fought internally if it was a conflict of interest and if Joe should be involved.  There is no evidence that Joe did anything illegal, nor Hunter, but I think even if you're a dem, you only need to take off your rose colored glasses to see the grift.  I personally don't believe Joe Biden pushed to get rid of this AG because Hunter asked him too, but as I've said before, if I'm the new AG and I know Joe Biden, the VP of the most powerful country on the earth, at the request of his president, the most powerful man on this earth, pressured my country to fire the guy that held the job before me because he wasn't investigating companies diligently enough, when that Burisma file comes in front of me and I see Hunter Biden is on the board, I probably am going to be a little hesitant in putting a lot of effort into that specific business. 

The laptop issue I have is that so many media outlets went along with the dem/intel talking points instead of investigating it.  Trump, rightly so, has had exhaustive investigations into any Chinese/Russian deals/accounts/investments.  We know Joe Biden was at minimum pursuing Chinese business deals.  The now legitimatized laptop proved that.  I have seen no pressure on Biden as he ran, after the laptop story broke, after the laptop story was determined to be real, or even now speak to any foreign business deals he may have been in.  Apparently when Trump was in question, that was a serious deal.  Instead we had the intel department use unidentified sources to say the laptop was 'earmarks of Russian disinformation' and the dem party delegitimizing it by saying it was nothing but 'dick picks' Those aspects led to some social media suppressing it altogether.  

My dad is a go-to on identifying hair replacement situations in famous people. He'll text me out of the blue to say somebody has a wig or plugs.

His text in response to the Alabama Congressman that went after Gaetz is that they were very careful to hold him back by the chin, not the scalp.

Edited by Edman85

22 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

WTF is that?!?! It's hilarious!!!

Are they using some kind of special effects? Their lips look like they are actually mouthing those words...

These are the same guys who because famous doing bad lip reading of NFL players like Peyton Manning at press conferences maybe six to eight years ago.