The 118th United States Congress

mtutiger

Of all the lies, mis-leading statements, accusations of theft and fraud   -  both here and in Brazil, ….. why is it that the story of the theft of the “GoFundMe” $$$ set up for that homeless veteran’s therapy dog’s cancer care…. Why is this the story that makes me want to rip his arms off and beat him with the bloody stumps?  

I honestly don’t understand how his constituents can’t start a petition to recall him. After all, I think we could probably see and understand how they would be willing to acknowledge that the man they pull the lever for it’s not the man is sitting in that seat in Congress at the moment. That man doesn’t exist, and was just a lie built upon a lie built upon a lie. Could we call him as an actor in bad faith.  Might as well not wait for the actual law to be investigated as far as his perpetrations of fraud, that he may have enacted go. That would take too long. I say as a constituent, they should be able to haul his ass back from Washington.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, smr-nj said:

Of all the lies, mis-leading statements, accusations of theft and fraud   -  both here and in Brazil, ….. why is it that the story of the theft of the “GoFundMe” $$$ set up for that homeless veteran’s therapy dog’s cancer care…. Why is this the story that makes me want to rip his arms off and beat him with the bloody stumps?  

I honestly don’t understand how his constituents can’t start a petition to recall him. After all, I think we could probably see and understand how they would be willing to acknowledge that the man they pull the lever for it’s not the man is sitting in that seat in Congress at the moment. That man doesn’t exist, and was just a lie built upon a lie built upon a lie. Could we call him as an actor in bad faith.  Might as well not wait for the actual law to be investigated as far as his perpetrations of fraud, that he may have enacted go. That would take too long. I say as a constituent, they should be able to haul his ass back from Washington.

I with you on the anger, but I would bet that most of the people who voted him in thinks he’s just dandy because they love slurping the lib tears being shed over it.

Krugman's list of some possible end arounds for the debt ceiling if the dems want to get creative:

Democrats could seek a “discharge petition” to force a vote on raising the debt limit despite opposition from G.O.P. leaders. This would both take time and require support from a handful of sane Republican House members.....

it’s probably possible to use financial engineering to bypass the debt limit. The most famous proposal calls for minting a platinum coin with a face value of, say, $1 trillion, depositing that coin with the Federal Reserve and spending out of the bank account thus created. Believe it or not, this would almost certainly be legal......

issuing “premium bonds” when existing debts come due — bonds whose face value is the same as that of the bonds they replace, so that they don’t officially increase the debt, but offer high interest rates, so they sell for much more than their notional value.....

constitutional options. The 14th Amendment to the Constitution says that the validity of public debt “shall not be questioned,” which might be construed as a reason to ignore the debt ceiling rather than default on payments.

10 hours ago, smr-nj said:

I honestly don’t understand how his constituents can’t start a petition to recall him.

There is no mechanism to recall a member of Congress at the state level. The House could have refused to seat him - if there had been anything like leadership present there interested in preserving the integrity of the institution.

...OK - I did laugh as I typed those last 4 words.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Haha 1