2023 NBA Draft Prelude

Deleterious

I remember a Sports Medicine Doctor I follow on YT bringing up Zion's biomechanics as a red flag for future injury concerns.

He talked about how he walked, how his hip, knees and feet didn't line up right and it concerned him and this didn't even factor his size either. 

Kind of cool how Portland is loyal to Dame and he is loyal to me.  But I can't help thinking that loyalty is going to fuck the franchise up for the next decade.  And Dame wont even sniff a ring in Portland.

Anyway, Pistons probably don't have the assets to get the pick.

Damian Lillard as Blazers end miserable season: ‘I want a chance to go for it’

On Sunday, there was more big talk. General manager Joe Cronin said it’s time to make impact trades. Coach Chauncey Billups said the roster needs more than tweaks, it needs aggressive moves. And Lillard said there are talented players who want to come to Portland. When asked if he sees a plan to make it all happen, Lillard said he sees “a road to what we could do.”

“But,” Lillard said, “there is a difference in ‘We can do this … and we can do that’ and actually doing it.”

About the only clarity in the Blazers’ path forward is this: The Blazers will likely trade their lottery pick unless they land the No. 1 pick (they have a 10.5 percent chance), which would give them the right to draft who many are calling a generational star in French big man Victor Wembanyama. Lillard all but etched in stone the trade-the-pick path Sunday when he said he did not want the Blazers to draft another young player. He said he wants proven veterans who can help now, not players who will need two to three years to develop.

“I’m just not interested in that. That’s not a secret,’’ the 32-year-old Lillard said of adding another young player. “I want a chance to go for it. And if the route is to (draft youth), then that’s not my route.”

57 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Going by the description of the type of player they want the only guy close to that on our team is Bojan and I highly doubt they'd give up the pick for him. 

I’d consider it from the Pistons’ side even if there needs to be some back and forth with other picks/player.

And who knows maybe Portland is more willing than would be assumed in order to make Lillard happy.

On 4/5/2023 at 7:56 AM, RandyMarsh said:

Speaking of Victor has there been any concerns about him from scouts or is he still seen as the best prospect since Lebron?

Just curious cause usually even the best prospects start to get prospect fatigue or whatever you want to call it, basically the longer you go as the number 1 guy the more people magnify your game or try to find holes in it. Wiggins, Simmons and to some extent Zion come to mind in regards to this. 

Woj was on ESPN a few weeks ago and said NBA execs put Victor as a top 3 prospect ever with LeBron and Kareem. So, they haven't changed their views of him at all. It does seem like Scoot is not as hyped as he once was. He's still considered a great prospect, but at one point he was being talked about as a #1 pick in most drafts and I don't get the sense that NBA execs feel that way anymore.

I think the only thing that will stop Vic is injuries.

Edited by Scottwood

2 hours ago, Scottwood said:

Woj was on ESPN a few weeks ago and said NBA execs put Victor as a top 3 prospect ever with LeBron and Kareem. So, they haven't changed their views of him at all. It does seem like Scoot is not as hyped as he once was. He's still considered a great prospect, but at one point he was being talked about as a #1 pick in most drafts and I don't get the sense that NBA execs feel that way anymore.

Yeah I noticed that about Scoot as well, I did see that people said he likely wouldve gone number 1 in 2020 and had a chance last year but they still put Cade and Mobley ahead of him in 2021. Earlier in the season many had Scoot as the clear number 1 in that draft too.

5 hours ago, Scottwood said:

So we hope if we draft Wemby then, that he is more Lew Alcinder than Kristaps Porzingis...

Edited by 1984Echoes

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2023 at 12:14 PM, Shinzaki said:

I know...and they way Kareem loafed coming up the floor on some of those possessions.  I love watching videos from the 6-70's because the game was so different

You try dragging Walton and Lanier up the court for 48 minutes! 

• Like 1