Random Randomness.

10 hours ago, ewsieg said:

Figured this is an appropriate thread for this, I passed my CISSP test today.  Last time I really had to study for something my kids were so young, you'd think it would've been easier this time.  Just glad it's behind me.

I don't know what a CISSP is but congratulations!

I also don’t know what that is, but congratulations, for sure , because I totally agree that having to pass tests is harder the older you get…. That “taking tests” mode in our heads just kinda takes off for planets unknown somewhere after your 40’s.  It’s just harder!

• 2 weeks later...

I found this very interesting... the 25 biggest lakes in the world put side-by-side:

The World's 25 Largest Lakes, Side by Side

It comes from this page here: https://www.visualcapitalist.com/worlds-25-largest-lakes/

There's a bit of info about some of the lakes there, and also a few more very interesting pictures where they put the great lakes in other parts of the work to show the relative size: India, Europe, and Australia. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

I found this very interesting... the 25 biggest lakes in the world put side-by-side:

The World's 25 Largest Lakes, Side by Side

It comes from this page here: https://www.visualcapitalist.com/worlds-25-largest-lakes/

There's a bit of info about some of the lakes there, and also a few more very interesting pictures where they put the great lakes in other parts of the work to show the relative size: India, Europe, and Australia. 

I saw this on a Geography King video. Pretty cool.

I was thinking about the OF model last night.  We watched an episode on TNT of a new series called Rich and Shameless.  It was about the guy, Joe Francis,  who started Girls Gone Wild.  Crazy stories.  Drunk 18 year old girls write their name on a release for a 5 second boob flash or trip on "the bus for more explicit action" and their lives changed forever.  In one instance an irate father got a lawyer and Joe Francis told his people to make sure she's in the next video and to put her on the cover of it.

He's now hiding out in Mexico to avoid charges.

45 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Ah summer, the time of obnoxiously loud motorcycles.

I had one Harley with obnoxiously loud pipes. The thing is with those is they don't have to be obnoxiously loud if a rider knows how to control the throttle. I often scoff at the "loud pipes save lives" slogan but it is true in some cases as it does allow awareness of a biker. However the counter to this is a LED headlight and driving with the brights on during the day. That actually creates more awareness. Sure it can be visibly annoying temporarily but it is far less annoying than the loud pipes and the first step in defensive riding is visibility.

In summary, yes people who get a thrill out of driving down the road or sitting at an intersection repeatedly "expressing their manhood" are douchebags. Their brothers in arms are the "rolling coal" and truck nuts contingency.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

I agree! My 12 pack was a variety of strawberry, raspberry, & tangerine. Yum

I love the Strawberry and Coconut.  Maybe I'll try Peach or Watermelon one day, but when I can find them, it's always Strawberry first.    And around here these have been very difficult to find lately.   Finally found some at ALDI, and there is no markdown on this.   

• Like 1

I watched Dazed And Confused yesterday.   No, it's not a documentary about the Tigers front office. 

Anyway, I hadn't seen it in a long time.    This horrifying thought came to me.   That if they made a new Dazed And Confused with the same time period in flashback, it would be about the last day of school in 2005.