2021-22 Tigers Hot Stove League

RatkoVarda

1 hour ago, diaspora04 said:

We can, I suspect, dislike Sanchez even more going forward.

Yes we can. I don't dislike Sanchez because he's a great player since he's not. I don't like him from the fight the Tigers had with the Yankees a few years ago.

3 hours ago, casimir said:

Hmmmm......

And it sounds like Correa and the Astros aren't necessarily done with each other.  I kind of wonder if they might agree upon a one year deal and then Correa can revisit FA next offseason?

If Correa goes back to the 'stos I'll wager it will be for less than he purportedly turned down from the Tigers - or else maybe it will be all deferred money out 20 yrs.....

Along the same lines though, I'm beginning to wonder if the Tigers and Matt Boyd may not be done with each other either....

Edited by gehringer_2

31 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

If Correa goes back to the 'stos I'll wager it will be for less than he purportedly turned down from the Tigers - or else maybe it will be all deferred money out 20 yrs.....

Along the same lines though, I'm beginning to wonder if the Tigers and Matt Boyd may not be done with each other either....

Boyd is unsigned. So is Norris.

Edited by HeyAbbott

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

I still don't understand the logic pre-lockout that the Rangers overpaying Seager made Correa getting in excess of 10/325 inevitable.... it may have just said more about the Rangers (and their playing fast and loose with payroll) than it did about the shortstop market or other teams' desires to match that.

In order for Correa to get that kinda contract, there has to be another team out there willing to give him that.... maybe there still is, but as you suggest, there's a lot of signals that he may be back in Houston next year.

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

I wonder how much they know about Boyd's recovery from injury since non-tendering him or if there have been any discussions with him. With as thin as the starter market is getting, it may not be a terrible idea to bring him back if they feel Alexander can hold down the 5th starter slot and feel good about Boyd's trajectory.

3 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

I wonder if the stupid Rangers offered the stupid contract to Correa first before Seager, at least informally, and he turned it down because "I get at least as much as Lindor".

3 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

One thing about Avila is when he says he is going to do something he does it.  His pre-lockout moves were exactly the ones he said he was planning to make.  Something will happen in the next couple of days.     

I hope something happens soon.  All of the recent signings might help Erie or Toledo but probably won't do much for the Tigers.  I'm still waiting for Norris to comeback on a minor league deal. His performance after leaving the Tigers last year won't help him get a ML deal.

4 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

One thing about Avila is when he says he is going to do something he does it.  His pre-lockout moves were exactly the ones he said he was planning to make.  Something will happen in the next couple of days.     

Agreed... it just seems that there are more teams than available pitchers at the moment which is complicating things.