2021-22 Tigers Hot Stove League

RatkoVarda

Yep, he wants Lindor money.  What we are seeing so far is that the market is telling him he isn't worth 10/340.  He doesn't like it, so he fired his agent.  Fail to see the logic here.  Maybe things will change for him after a new CBA is worked out.  My $10 bet is that he eventually gets $34 AAV but not 10 years.

"I'm the best shortstop on the market, so I get 10/340."  Sorry pal, starting to look like maybe it doesn't work that way.

1 hour ago, Jim Cowan said:

Yep, he wants Lindor money.  What we are seeing so far is that the market is telling him he isn't worth 10/340.  He doesn't like it, so he fired his agent.  Fail to see the logic here.  Maybe things will change for him after a new CBA is worked out.  My $10 bet is that he eventually gets $34 AAV but not 10 years.

"I'm the best shortstop on the market, so I get 10/340."  Sorry pal, starting to look like maybe it doesn't work that way.

Oh, then he and some of the other players will start caterwauling about collusion. 

He is the best SS on the market but I think any team that signs him to 10/350 is going to regret that deal and in the not too distant future.    He's not a superstar.    Neither is Seager and Neither is Semien.   It will be really funny to see the Rangers and Mets not make the playoffs next year (unless they get really stupid and invite 8 teams in).  

• Like 1

Correa probably saw Boras get Seager 325 and figured he'd be the guy to get him Lindor money, and quite frankly if anybody can it would be him.

I've said it before but I think it's worth reiterating, there are very few people on Earth better at their respective professions than Boras is at his. 

The Correa situation is interesting because, again, it's pretty plausible to think that there aren't many (if any) teams willing to offer the kinda stupid money for shortstops that the Rangers did in getting Seager and Semien.

The chances the Tigers are in it are practically non-existent at this point, but the only door that looks open to me is some sort of high AAV deal for less years. But still very plausible that someone will give him Lindor money/years

Edited by mtutiger

MLB kills another good idea:

According to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times, the Rays' plan to split their seasons between Tampa Bay and Montreal "has been killed by Major League Baseball officials."

Rays ownership has been pumping up this project for more than two years, and Topkin notes that MLB's decision to suddenly put an end to it frustrated and stunned team officials. The organization's focus, per Topkin's sources, will now shift toward building a new permanent home in the Tampa Bay area. There had been chatter about full-on relocation before the wonky split-city concept began to take shape in 2019. The current lease agreement at Tropicana Field is set to expire at the conclusion of the 2027 season.

OK, I get why this might have been problematic and wasn't expecting it to happen, but I would have liked it.  Maybe some day MLB will do something I want!  

5 hours ago, mtutiger said:

The Correa situation is interesting because, again, it's pretty plausible to think that there aren't many (if any) teams willing to offer the kinda stupid money for shortstops that the Rangers did in getting Seager and Semien.

The chances the Tigers are in it are practically non-existent at this point, but the only door that looks open to me is some sort of high AAV deal for less years. But still very plausible that someone will give him Lindor money/years

It ain't over till the fat lady sings (the one in the Bronx that is)

Not related to anything but I was listening to the radio a little bit ago and Dickerson was on talking to Caputo. I tuned in mid conversation so I didnt hear the introduction, so between that and Dan sounding way different I had no idea it was him,  I just thought it was a regular caller. I dont know if it was his cell phone or what but he just sounded completely different.

They were mainly talking Greene and Tork but A couple minutes in I was "damn this is like the most knowledgeable radio caller I ever heard". It wasn't until the call ended and Pat said it was Dan that I realized it was him. They briefly talked about the strike and Dan seemed pretty confident the season would start on time.

• 1 month later...