2021-22 Tigers Hot Stove League

RatkoVarda

48 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

You can't predict relief pitching.  If we look at the list that chasfh posted at the end of the year, the ranks will probably be almost randomly shuffled.  You would probably do just as well predicting 3.5 WAR for each team.  

yeah - all we can really say is that at least they do have a lot of arms available with reasonable potential so they've helped their odds to that degree, but we've all seen even large numbers of potential fillers all fail in the same year.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

sieya suzuki on our radars?  is there a snowball's chance in mar a lago that a guy focused on culture would sign in detroit?

hey, the detroit airport has announcements in japanese...

Is this based off any particular article?

All the buzz I've seen has been either right or left coast for Suzuki

4 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

You can't predict relief pitching.  If we look at the list that chasfh posted at the end of the year, the ranks will probably be almost randomly shuffled.  You would probably do just as well predicting 3.5 WAR for each team.  

They say this kid Novak Djokovic might have some upside.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 1:00 PM, chasfh said:

All that said, I suppose we can dream on the idea of Chris Fetter and team unlocking a great deal of latent talent that would push the pen up to the top tier of the league.

We can also dream about Scott Coolbaugh unlocking Miguel Cabrera's youth and helping Miggy deliver a 30/100/.300 season for one last hurrah.

I dream of trading Funhouser while he’s come off of a decent season.

On 1/13/2022 at 1:34 PM, buddha said:

sieya suzuki on our radars?  is there a snowball's chance in mar a lago that a guy focused on culture would sign in detroit?

hey, the detroit airport has announcements in japanese...

Take him to Xochimilco’s for the nachos and Seiya’s in he bag.

On 1/13/2022 at 2:42 PM, mtutiger said:

Is this based off any particular article?

All the buzz I've seen has been either right or left coast for Suzuki

There’s a huge bias for west coast for obvious reasons: more Japanese-friendly environment, closer to home, friends/family/fans can watch west coast games at a reasonable Japanese hour.

On 1/15/2022 at 9:00 AM, chasfh said:

There’s a huge bias for west coast for obvious reasons: more Japanese-friendly environment, closer to home, friends/family/fans can watch west coast games at a reasonable Japanese hour.

Livonia and Northville and the "I-275 corridor" have a significant Japanese presence.  Its not nearly as big a deal as the Polish in Hamtramck used to be but it is there.  Probably, there are more Indian born than Japanese actually but the Japanese/auto industry interaction is real.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Would tend to argue he has been unhappy with the offers he had received. Water under the bridge at this point but still, wouldn't it be funny if the Tigers' actaully had been the best offer he got before the lockout?

I have no doubt that that is the case.  There was a stupid contract out there from a stupid team, but Seager took it.