2022 NFL Draft Thread

Mr.TaterSalad

2 hours ago, Hongbit said:

I am a Dotson fan. I think his size is similar to St. Brown but I expect he will run in the low 4.3 and possibly in 4.2s.  and put up a vertical higher than 40.    I see him as more of a deep threat than a slot guy.   

I like Dotson as a player, I just don't know that he's the type of receiver we need given that we have St. Brown already. Dotson is only 5'10, 183lbs and I think we need a big bodied vertical threat who can be a sideline and redzone threat. Treylon Burks at 6'3, Jalen Tolbert at 6'3, Drake London at 6'5 is the type or wideout I want to grab with a 1st or 2nd round pick.

11 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

What do you guys think of David Bell...?

likely a possession receiver in the nfl because he doesnt have top nfl receiver speed.  but he's a great route runner and has good hands.  because of his hands and his routes, some people compare him to cooper kupp.

early third round option for the lions if they havent loaded up on receiver in rounds 1 and 2.

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I think there is a real chance Jameson Williams is available at 31/32.

I think so too given the terrible circumstances his season ended under. I see Treylon Burks and Drake London creeping up the draft boards now and him falling back. I think London and Burks will be gone along with Olave and Wilson by the team pick #32 rolls around. I think we might be looking in the Jalen Tolbert, Jahan Dotson, David Bell crop of receivers with Williams having the most chance of the first tier receivers falling back to #32.

10 hours ago, buddha said:

likely a possession receiver in the nfl because he doesnt have top nfl receiver speed.  but he's a great route runner and has good hands.  because of his hands and his routes, some people compare him to cooper kupp.

early third round option for the lions if they havent loaded up on receiver in rounds 1 and 2.

IMO a definite 2nd rounder, and could be first. His 40 will be important, especially his burst. He has great hands, and gets open.

12 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Burks is my preferred of the entire group but he be long gone.   London is a physical beast but lacks speed.  If he’s around when we pick it’s because he ran a slow 40    I’m not really an Olave or Mechie fan and have no idea what to make of Jamison Williams.  

London is kind of a freak. He has great short area quickness, which is odd given his size.

Lots of trading down in this draft...

team logo
pfn-logo-black
  • DET
    Kayvon Thibodeaux
    EDGE Oregon
    trade icon
  • DET
    Garrett Wilson
    WR Ohio State
    trade icon
  • DET
    Jaquan Brisker
    S Penn State

• DET
    Perrion Winfrey
    DT Oklahoma

• DET
    Jalen Pitre
    S Baylor

• DET
    Brandon Smith
    LB Penn State

• DET
    Erik Ezukanma
    WR Texas Tech
  • DET
    Bailey Zappe
    QB Western Kentucky
    trade icon
  • DET
    Max Mitchell
    OT Louisiana

• DET
    James Mitchell
    TE Virginia Tech

• DET
    Akayleb Evans
    CB Missouri

• DET
    Clarence Hicks
    LB UTSA
    trade icon
  • DET
    Tayland Humphrey
    DT Louisiana
    trade icon
  • 2023 CAR 2nd
  • 2023 CAR 3rd
  • trade icon

That Mock Draft Simulator is addicting. A trade heavy mock from PFN.

- Send 1.2 to the Jets for 1.4 and 1.10

- Send 1.4 to the Ravens for 1.14, 2.45, 3.99, and a 2023 2nd Round Pick

1.10: Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State

1.14: David Ojabo, EDGE, Michigan

1.32: Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington

2.34: Chad Muma, ILB, Wyoming

- Send 2.45 and 6.180 to the Steelers for 2.52 and 3.84

2.52: Arnold Ebiketie, EDGE, Penn State

- Send 2.66 to the Jets for 2.69 and 5.146

2.69: Romeo Doubs, WR, Nevada

3.84: Quay Walker, ILB, Georgia

3.97: Cade Otton, TE, Washington

- Send 3.99 to the Steelers for 4.138, the return of 6.180, and a 2023 5th Round Pick

- Send 4.138 and a 2023 5th Round Pick to the Bills for 4.129

4.129: Chasen Hines, OG, LSU

5.146: Myron Cunningham, OT, Alabama

5.177: JT Woods, S, Baylor

6.180: Zyon McCollum, CB, Sam Houston State

6.218: Mike Rose, ILB, Iowa State

7.232: John Chenal, FB, Wisconsin

3 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

That Mock Draft Simulator is addicting. A trade heavy mock from PFN.

- Send 1.2 to the Jets for 1.4 and 1.10

- Send 1.4 to the Ravens for 1.14, 2.45, 3.99, and a 2023 2nd Round Pick

1.10: Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State

1.14: David Ojabo, EDGE, Michigan

1.32: Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington

2.34: Chad Muma, ILB, Wyoming

- Send 2.45 and 6.180 to the Steelers for 2.52 and 3.84

2.52: Arnold Ebiketie, EDGE, Penn State

- Send 2.66 to the Jets for 2.69 and 5.146

2.69: Romeo Doubs, WR, Nevada

3.84: Quay Walker, ILB, Georgia

3.97: Cade Otton, TE, Washington

- Send 3.99 to the Steelers for 4.138, the return of 6.180, and a 2023 5th Round Pick

- Send 4.138 and a 2023 5th Round Pick to the Bills for 4.129

4.129: Chasen Hines, OG, LSU

5.146: Myron Cunningham, OT, Alabama

5.177: JT Woods, S, Baylor

6.180: Zyon McCollum, CB, Sam Houston State

6.218: Mike Rose, ILB, Iowa State

7.232: John Chenal, FB, Wisconsin

Nice. Let's trade down so much we get all of the even numbered picks.

• Haha 1

Bleacher Report has its first post SB draft out with the Lions taking Thibodeiux, (Jacksonville took Neal).

The Lions second pick is a bit of a stretch as they've penciled in Justin Ross. A slew of WRs are off the board. London to the Giants at 7, Olave to the Browns, Jamesin Williams to NO, Burks to NE, Dotson to the Bills and Wilson to the Titans.

They have Detroit taking Matt Corral their second round pick. Three QBs were already off the board. Picket to Denver, Ridder to Washington and Willis to Pittsburgh.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2951636-2022-nfl-mock-draft-br-nfl-scouting-depts-post-super-bowl-picks

18 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Bleacher Report has its first post SB draft out with the Lions taking Thibodeiux, (Jacksonville took Neal).

The Lions second pick is a bit of a stretch as they've penciled in Justin Ross. A slew of WRs are off the board. London to the Giants at 7, Olave to the Browns, Jamesin Williams to NO, Burks to NE, Dotson to the Bills and Wilson to the Titans.

They have Detroit taking Matt Corral their second round pick. Three QBs were already off the board. Picket to Denver, Ridder to Washington and Willis to Pittsburgh.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2951636-2022-nfl-mock-draft-br-nfl-scouting-depts-post-super-bowl-picks

it doesnt make much sense to take a qb with the second pick of round 2 rather than the last pick of round one.

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

it doesnt make much sense to take a qb with the second pick of round 2 rather than the last pick of round one.

I know, unless they were afraid Jacksonville was taking a WR with their second pick. I tend to take these mocks with a grain of salt. There were no trades. In real life I'd be tempted to try to package the second first and the second to move up.

Just curious didn't we get the Rams third round pick in the Stafford trade? Every mock I see only has one third. The newer ones do have the compensatory pick in the third, however.

33 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I know, unless they were afraid Jacksonville was taking a WR with their second pick. I tend to take these mocks with a grain of salt. There were no trades. In real life I'd be tempted to try to package the second first and the second to move up.

Just curious didn't we get the Rams third round pick in the Stafford trade? Every mock I see only has one third. The newer ones do have the compensatory pick in the third, however.

the third round pick from the rams was last year.  

they would want the extra year on the qb pick that comes from drafting a player in round one.  there is no chance they take the qb just two picks later and lose that extra year.

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

the third round pick from the rams was last year.  

they would want the extra year on the qb pick that comes from drafting a player in round one.  there is no chance they take the qb just two picks later and lose that extra year.

Makes sense. I really haven't looked at the 2023 class of QB's. I like the kid from UVa's moxie, just not sure where he would be rated potentially.

2 hours ago, buddha said:

This is interesting. I agree that all else being equal I would prefer my QB have a fifth year rookie deal option to a position player, but I am not sure the Lions choice here at 32 and 34 is as black-and-white.

Say at pick 32, the Lions have the choice between Jameson Williams and Kenny Pickett, and they love them both. If they pick Williams at 32, odds are good that at 34, Pickett will be there. The Jags are not taking a QB, and nearly every team looking to get a QB would have already passed on Pickett (except the Colts). If the Lions select Pickett at 32, odds are not as strong that Williams will be there at 34. There are higher odds that both the Jaguars select Williams at 33, or that the Jaguars trade 33 on Friday morning to someone who wants to jump the Lions for Williams.

If the hope is that both Williams and Pickett (in this example) turn into franchise guys, you're paying them both sooner or later, and you should be able to tell after three years whether your rookie QB is your future investment. Yes, you would be paying Pickett more, but I think it's more important that you do get them both than whether you get one extra year of a cheap QB.

If they were picking 32 and 33, this would be different. At that point, there is no worry about not getting both of your guys. Likewise, if Pickett, Williams, and London are available for instance and you love all three, just take Pickett at 32 and whoever is left (or your preferred choice) at 34.

I would really love to drop down in this draft, even more so than the Okudah draft. I hope there is a team out there who falls in love with somebody and will trade with us to make sure they get them.

I'm not convinced that either Hutchinson or Thibedeoux are head-and-shoulders world-changingly better than an edge rusher like Arnold Ebiketie, Logan Hall, Jermaine Johnson, or Drake Johnson who could be acquired at 32, 34, or even 66.

I think our best bet with the first pick might be to get our favorite WR, but #2 is probably too high for that. On top of that, if our plan is to go up to get one of Young or Stroud next year, that will likely take a King's ransom of picks. Our 2023 1st, the Rams 2023 1st, and our 2024 1st just to start. Acquiring additional capital in 2023 would help us both acquire 1.1 or 1.2 next year, as well as help ensure that the cupboard is not left completely depleted.

I think any of 6-10 (Panthers, Giants, Falcons, Broncos, Jets) are all realistic potential partners that could set us up for something like Wilson/Ebikitie/Hill, along with a 2nd Round this year and a 1st or 2nd Round Pick next year. If we are willing to drop further, the Eagles may be a trade partner for 2/3 of their mid-1st round picks (probably 15 and 19), plus a 1st next year, which would let us land something like London/Dean/Ebiktie/Hill.

I would love to trade down but the only way I see that happening is if a team falls in love with a QB and if that were the case chances are they would just make the deal with Jax to ensure that they get the QB. 

Of course Jax may not be interested on trading down and want to just sit tight and take whomever they want, in which case a team could trade with us after that but I think that is highly unlikely. 

I guess after thinking about it maybe two qbs separate themselves and 1 team trading for the 1st pick and another the 2nd is another outside possibility.

Also I just don't see Holmes taking a QB early in this draft particularly with how Goff closed the season. For better or worse I get the vibe that he is extremely stubborn with Goff and is going to give him every chance to succeed and try to build a competent team around him first before giving up on him. 

If he looks like crap next year and a CJ Stroud or Bryce Young are available then I think he will pull the trigger but until then I think Goff is his guy and I have no problem with that.