04/30/2023 1:40 pm EDT Baltimore Orioles vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

Facing Max and JV coming up. Hope the weather holds up.

Shep was talking about the crowds and how big and electric they will be.  Does anyone believe that?  I don’t think fans care that much about either pitcher now.  Add in a bad team and early May weather and kids still in school.

16 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Shep was talking about the crowds and how big and electric they will be.  Does anyone believe that?  I don’t think fans care that much about either pitcher now.  Add in a bad team and early May weather and kids still in school.

If it was a weekend maybe ….mid week horrible team not great weather no way. But I’m sure that won’t stop Shep from acting like it’s game seven of the world series

1 hour ago, Toddwert said:

If it was a weekend maybe ….mid week horrible team not great weather no way. But I’m sure that won’t stop Shep from acting like it’s game seven of the world series

I can't see fans being excited about seeing ex-players come back to beat your current team. If the Tigers were the better team then player nostalgia might have more pull, but I doubt it when you all you are looking at with those two is a much higher probability of a loss.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I can't see fans being excited about seeing ex-players come back to beat your current team. If the Tigers were the better team then player nostalgia might have more pull, but I doubt it when you all you are looking at with those two is a much higher probability of a loss.

Totally... I love them, but they are no different than, say, Kevin Gausman was when the Tigers faced him... Just want the current team to figure out a way to beat them whenever they hit the mound.

Edited by mtutiger

3 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

If Cabrera is playing for marketing reasons, then I would imagine fans are also excited about seeing Verlander and Scherzer.  Most fans are a lot different from people here.  Personally, I still like seeing Verlander and Scherzer, but wouldn't enjoy seeing them beat the Tigers.    

Edited by Tiger337
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

If Cabrera is playing for marketing reasons, then I would imagine fans are also excited about seeing Verlander and Scherzer.

Have you been seeing the attendance in the stands? The Tigers may have some fever dream that fans are coming to see Cabrera, but the empty seats say that a dream is all it is.

We're going on 6 years since Verlander left and almost 10 since Max left so them returning to pitch here doesnt have the same cache as it wouldve before.

Reminds me of when Grant Hill left the Pistons, everybody was anxious to see his return to the Palace but he was injured for like the next 3 years so by the time he finally made his return fans had already moved on and didnt really give a crap. 

36 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

We're going on 6 years since Verlander left and almost 10 since Max left so them returning to pitch here doesnt have the same cache as it wouldve before.

Reminds me of when Grant Hill left the Pistons, everybody was anxious to see his return to the Palace but he was injured for like the next 3 years so by the time he finally made his return fans had already moved on and didnt really give a crap. 

Yeah, Verlander seems like an ex-Tiger but Scherzer really doesn't.  It's been a long time since both have been gone, I don't imagine that they will sell very many extra tickets.