TV Series

• 2 weeks later...

Since Jarrod Carmichael is hosting SNL tonight, I thought that this would be a good time to repost my periodic reminder that you should consider watching “The Carmichael Show”, a 2015 NBC sitcom that lasted three seasons. It has a very All In The Family vibe and the writing is very strong. It’s the show that also supercharged Tiffany Haddish’s career and gave a nice bump to Lil Rel Howery. 

https://www.hulu.com/series/631d2e71-dd54-4f16-8728-30bd550e1d12?play=false&utm_source=shared_link 

8 hours ago, oblong said:

Better Call Saul announced that Jesse and Walt will be in the final season. 

That is going to be tricky because Aaron Paul looks nothing like he did 10 years ago (especially the hairline).   

But I guess if we can deal with Todd suddenly getting 50 lbs heavier for El Camino, we can deal with that....................unless they just use archival footage and scenes that were cut.   

Edited by Motor City Sonics

1 hour ago, oblong said:

Just him be him.  The others are older too. Don’t do any silly things like the Irishman.  The fans get it. 

the writers are so good. Whatever their role is I am sure they will mail it 

Yeah with Walt in el Camino it was fine.  

On 4/10/2022 at 3:39 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

That is going to be tricky because Aaron Paul looks nothing like he did 10 years ago (especially the hairline).   

But I guess if we can deal with Todd suddenly getting 50 lbs heavier for El Camino, we can deal with that....................unless they just use archival footage and scenes that were cut.   

They might be able to CGI them to look younger and slightly alter their voices up a key to sound younger. As long as they don’t have to get physical, like Scorsese thought De Niro’s character had to, they should be fine.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

They might be able to CGI them to look younger and slightly alter their voices up a key to sound younger. As long as they don’t have to get physical, like Scorsese thought De Niro’s character had to, they should be fine.

Exactly.  The de-aging thing in The Irishman was really really good, except for the two scenes where Bob was trying to walk fast and he beat up that grocer.    Should've used a body double.     Aaron Paul's hairline is much different too, and it's not that he's wrinkled up, but he's absolutely bulked up.    

I don't think it's going to be that noticeable with Cranston,  he was bald, facial hair, maybe a little more wrinkled, but not much.  

But we may only be talking about one scene here and this is how it might look.....

Saul's in his office, Francesca says "There is a Mr. Mayhew to see you........" and they just replay the entire scene, re-shot so the age difference with Odenkirk isn't jarring..........same dialogue, word for word. 

Then, the only other time we see Walt & Jesse is the scene where they have the masks on and kidnap and drive Saul out to the hole in the desert, the scene where he says "It was Ignacio, It was Ignacio, did Lalo send you, No Lalo?"..........then the new footage, that we did not have in BB is Walt & Jessie driving Saul back in the RV, while they have the balaclava masks pulled back, a scene where it's fairly dark and their faces are shown, but not their hairlines.............you could get away with that.    

We're not going to see a lot of Walt & Jessie and it would not surprise me to see some BB scenes mixed in there creatively to push the story forward.   I do think the show is going to end with at least one full episode of Gene.  

I think Kim is in Witness Protection and that's what the BCS scene about the 3:00 phone call was.   Remember, it was a once a year call at 3:00 on a certain date (I am guessing Jimmy & Kim's anniversary).  I think Gene will find her......they are going to get back together and that'll either get Jimmy thrown in prison or the two of them killed.   I don't see a happy ending.   The only happy ending in the BB universe will be Jessie.   He's probably the only one deserving of it. 

On 4/10/2022 at 4:39 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

Or Mike looking super old in the prequel... Or the Don losing 100 lbs and aging 30 years in the prequel... Or Huell losing a ton of weight.

Edit: ... Or the Disappearer dying

Edited by Edman85

4 minutes ago, chasfh said:

That’ll let you keep five extra bucks a month in your pocket!

Actually no it doesn't. I'm not sure it's a perk or not, but we're paying for it. Actually two of them, one in Detroit and one in Hampton Roads.

Edited by CMRivdogs

17 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

So excited for BCS.............I hope the season starts with some Gene scenes,   

Also sad because there are only 16 episodes left and the amazing Breaking Bad Universe comes to an end.   I don't think we're getting a Wendy/Windy spinoff.  

Isn't it just 13 episodes left (11 now)?