TV Series

29 minutes ago, Shades of Deivi Cruz said:

I had no problem with the end of Ozark, even though:

SPOILERS!!!

Like most I was "rooting" for Ruth, but it seemed true to the show to take her out. Her entire family (except Three) died because of involvement with the Byrde's, so it seems right that she would as well. Also, while I would have preferred for it to have been on-camera, it's pretty obvious that Jonah shoots the PI. With that along with Ruth dying, puts the Byrde's right back "in it" when they were "this close..." to being out. It's a never ending cycle for them, of their own making. A tragic ending for all involved, which again feels appropriate for the show.

Yeah, it opens up a lot of questions. Does Marty tell Wendy to get lost? Does she talk him back into doing more? Jonah is on the same path as Marty, does he revisit the opportunity to work with another bad organization. It had to be a rush for a 14 year old and he could spend the rest of his life chasing that high again.

I just finished The Squid Game. I can sum it up in one word: "Bizarre" . It was so Asian (my wife watches a lot of shows out of Taiwan and my girls are into anime) and so intriguing. I found myself very tense several times and that hasn't happened since the first couple of seasons of TWD.

Obi Wan exceeded my expectations.  And even better is the next episode is tomorrow.  I really like the retconning of Hayden.  He deserves it.

We begun stanger things but the longer episodes are tough for us.  It took us 2 nights to get through one.  My wife can't stay up too late.  

9 minutes ago, oblong said:

We wrapped up Stranger Things over the weekend and it was enjoyable.  Right amount of camp, nostalgia, and fear.  I didn't think I would be as into it but they did a nice job telling the 3 stories. 

I watched season one way back when and thought it was just okay. Winnona Ryder's acting was atrocious. Season two was highly recommended by a person whose taste I trust and it was much better than season one. I finished it over the weekend and just started season three. Ryder has gotten progressively better and bonus: she still looks amazing.

27 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

I watched season one way back when and thought it was just okay. Winnona Ryder's acting was atrocious. Season two was highly recommended by a person whose taste I trust and it was much better than season one. I finished it over the weekend and just started season three. Ryder has gotten progressively better and bonus: she still looks amazing.

What I like about the show is I'm of the same age chronologically as the kids.  Interesting tidbit on season 4 that's not a spoiler.... Eddie Munson has a big Dio patch on the back of his jean jacket.  That was given to the production by Ronnie's widow because she's a fan.  Loved my jean jacket.

3 hours ago, oblong said:

What I like about the show is I'm of the same age chronologically as the kids.  Interesting tidbit on season 4 that's not a spoiler.... Eddie Munson has a big Dio patch on the back of his jean jacket.  That was given to the production by Ronnie's widow because she's a fan.  Loved my jean jacket.

Kate Bush, who almost never lends her music or allows it for films/tv/commercials is a big fan of the show and when the producers asked her if they could use Running Up That Hill, they had to explain why they wanted to use it and do it in a way that gave no spoilers away because she didn't want it spoiled.  She said yes.     Running Up That Hill by Kate Bush is the #3 song in the country  this week - 37 years after it first came out and peaked at #30.  

We finally took the Barry plunge last night.  Was pleased to see 30 min episodes.   We liked it.  Got through 2 of them.  I think we'll be doing that until we're caught up.  I knew I would like it but I have to find things my wife likes too.  That and Kenobi and Ms. Marvel should occupy us for the beginning of summer I think.

22 hours ago, oblong said:

We finally took the Barry plunge last night.  Was pleased to see 30 min episodes.   We liked it.  Got through 2 of them.  I think we'll be doing that until we're caught up.  I knew I would like it but I have to find things my wife likes too.  That and Kenobi and Ms. Marvel should occupy us for the beginning of summer I think.

Good choice. You will be surprised often.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Shades of Deivi Cruz said:

I'll certainly give them a shot, but I'm not overly optimistic about any of the GoT spinoffs. Hope I'm wrong though.

I’ll bet all the GoT prequels and sequels will be just as great as season eight. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...