TV Series

3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I love the show but the first 2 episodes this season haven't been as good as Season 2.........it's still really good.    I know it was a 3 year break because of COVID, but more Henry Winkler and more Stephen Root make it better.   

There was quite a bit of the Fonz this week... The dog scene was hilarious.

13 hours ago, Edman85 said:

There was quite a bit of the Fonz this week... The dog scene was hilarious.

He was recently on Adam Carolla's podcast and it seems the rumors are true that he is really one of the most decent human beings to have ever inhabited the planet.

My favorite part of the latest BCS was Gus telling Mike to find a new guy to protect him at his restaurant cause the dude sucks as a fast food worker and isn't up to their standards.  I mean cmon Mike you should know this isn't KFC, this is freaking Los Pollos Hermanos only the best can work there! 

8 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

My favorite part of the latest BCS was Gus telling Mike to find a new guy to protect him at his restaurant cause the dude sucks as a fast food worker and isn't up to their standards.  I mean cmon Mike you should know this isn't KFC, this is freaking Los Pollos Hermanos only the best can work there! 

I wonder if the couple that "owned" that house are part of his surveillance team or do they own the house and Gus just pays them?

6 minutes ago, oblong said:

I wonder if the couple that "owned" that house are part of his surveillance team or do they own the house and Gus just pays them?

I took the neighborhood gossip comments they were making after the bike ride to show they were regular people.  Fring has so much money and power that he can buy just about anything he wants even taking over the most initiate parts of normal people’s lives.   

30 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I took the neighborhood gossip comments they were making after the bike ride to show they were regular people.  Fring has so much money and power that he can buy just about anything he wants even taking over the most initiate parts of normal people’s lives.   

When they were riding their bikes I was getting anxiety, especially after seeing Winning Time and Jack McKinney's accident.

I'm thinking those people have to have some sorta connection to Fring cause it would seem out of character to openly let them know the other side of "the chicken man" considering how protective he is about that.

Perhaps one of them works for him in sorta a bookkeeping role or something like that, if they don't then surely they must have a long personal relationship with him. 

Also its interesting to see how shook up Lalo has made Gus and how much Gus obviously respects and perhaps fears him. 

With all the resources he is expending and precautions he is taking like wearing a vest at all times and keeping a gun strapped to his ankle he almost comes across as paranoid instead of this calm, cool and collected guy that we always known him as. 

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Also its interesting to see how shook up Lalo has made Gus and how much Gus obviously respects and perhaps fears him. 

With all the resources he is expending and precautions he is taking like wearing a vest at all times and keeping a gun strapped to his ankle he almost comes across as paranoid instead of this calm, cool and collected guy that we always known him as. 

We have not seen Lalo in a few weeks.  I have a feeling his return is going to be anything but subtle. 

3 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Another thing I thought about today.  When Kim was using Cliff Main to set up Howard and she was talking about helping poorer people with legal representation, he was actually liking the idea.  Do you think what ends up happening is Howard is also willing to do that and we're gonna find out that Kim maybe blew an opportunity to do what she loves doing and get paid for it, and Howard actually is a really decent guy (which I think he is).   

10 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Another thing I thought about today.  When Kim was using Cliff Main to set up Howard and she was talking about helping poorer people with legal representation, he was actually liking the idea.  Do you think what ends up happening is Howard is also willing to do that and we're gonna find out that Kim maybe blew an opportunity to do what she loves doing and get paid for it, and Howard actually is a really decent guy (which I think he is).   

The whole howard storyline confuses me and quite frankly doesnt really interest me that much. As far as he goes unless I'm forgetting something which is a strong possibility since I only watched all the eps once has Howard really done anything wrong?

Like he seemed to really like Jimmy and was excited for him when he learned of him passing the bar but it was Chuck that shot down any chances of him working there. Also its a small thing but just the fact he asked the valet driver by name a couple weeks ago "Hows High School treating you?" Came across as polite and made me think he was a good guy. Like a guy of his stature could belittle somebody in that position but instead he treated him with respect. 

21 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

The whole howard storyline confuses me and quite frankly doesnt really interest me that much. As far as he goes unless I'm forgetting something which is a strong possibility since I only watched all the eps once has Howard really done anything wrong?

Like he seemed to really like Jimmy and was excited for him when he learned of him passing the bar but it was Chuck that shot down any chances of him working there. Also its a small thing but just the fact he asked the valet driver by name a couple weeks ago "Hows High School treating you?" Came across as polite and made me think he was a good guy. Like a guy of his stature could belittle somebody in that position but instead he treated him with respect. 

Didn't have something to do with Howard not buying Chuck out of the firm? I feel there was something around that. 

Btw does anybody else think the show would be even better if you didn't watch BB first? Like for instance Nacho's final scene where he took Bolsa's gun and had it at his head, for a split second I got excited until I quickly remembered that Bolsa and everybody else there survived since they were in BB so it took some of the suspense away. 

20 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Howard is a good guy.   One thing he did was punished Kim for stepping out of line, but she did step out of line.   When she quit he didn't want to accept her check.     Howard is this guy born with a silver spoon, right?  He never had to really work for anything and there might be some resentment because of that, but yes, I think he would have hired Jimmy.  He liked Jimmy, but he took the bullet to protect Chuck, but Jimmy and Kim know that.    It's another thing about this show - it has us rooting for bad people when Howard seems like he's actually a good guy.  And I always go back to the first season when Chuck was right about the "chimp with a machine gun" line.   He didn't have to be such a dick about it, though.  I think there is going to be some regret about hurting Howard.   As Huell said "why are you doing this?"  

I think we're getting close to seeing Walt and Jesse, I'm guessing by the first half finale. In Breaking Bad, when Walt and Jesse kidnap Saul, he says it was Ignacio referring to helping set up Lalo. Kim knows Lalo is still alive. Saul probably finds out as well and assumes he is being kidnapped by the Salamancas. I have to go back to Breaking Bad but I believe Saul mentions the Salamancas in that scene. We may even see Badger before. I'm not sure if it was ever mentioned in Breaking Bad if Jesse actually met with Saul prior to that kidnapping or he just of heard of Saul through his friends.