TV Series

4 hours ago, oblong said:

I was spoiled last night with the two episodes.  Was basically like watching a movie.

Will need to dissect that opening scene some more on the DVR. 

I stumbled upon a reddit discussion about it... and the episode name.

Theories on where Walt and Jesse enter the fray.

Kim's public defending leads her to Jesse for some small fry case, which somehow gets him connected to the Salamanca clan (maybe).

Walt stops by Omaha on his drive back from New Hampshire to Albuquerque and hits up Cinnabun.

• Like 1

I keep thinking back to Breaking Bad when Walt and Jesse take Saul out in the desert. Saul says something like it wasn't me it was Ignacio. I think we know now what that means. I believe he also asked if Walt and Jesse were the Salamancas. Jesse was working with Crazy 8 who Saul represented and helped turn into an informant. I'm not sure Jesse necessarily needed to be in contact with Saul prior to when they were first out in the desert. Saul didn't recognize Jesse but did recognize Walt as Mr. Mayhew.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chasfh said:

image.png.718ebbf112c0953a3e79b248e88b0f20.png

Funny, I hate to know the score of a Tigers game if I am recording to watch later. So some times with Directv if you leave it on the channel it will be playing live when you turn it on. So just in case I always tell my son (ever since he was young) to cover his ears, make noise and look the other way when I turn the game on. My wife hates this and just the other day he did this when he got home from school and the wife said I created a monster lol.

• Haha 1

Heads up: AMC and Bob Odenkirk will be continuing their relationship.

AMC Orders Dramedy "Straight Man"
AMC has greenlit eight episodes of the drama "Straight Man" from TriStar TV and Gran Via starring Bob Odenkirk, which is based on the novel of the same name by Richard Russo. Told in the first person by William Henry Devereaux, Jr. (Odenkirk), the unlikely chairman of the English department, "Straight Man" is described as a mid-life crisis tale set at Railton College in the Pennsylvania Rust Belt. 

Aaron Zelman and Paul Lieberstein are adapting the novel for the screen and will serve as co-showrunners and executive producers on the series. Odenkirk will executive produce in addition to starring. Peter Farrelly is onboard to direct and executive produce. Russo, Naomi Odenkirk, Mark Johnson, and Marc Provissiero will also executive produce.

"Straight Man" will debut on an undisclosed date in 2023.

We caught the first two episodes of John Wayne Gacy tapes (Netflix) last night. There were no new revelations to the story. A good reminder of the culture of the late 70s. Good interviews with the police who handled the case, as well as Gacy's lawyer. 

My wife was remembering her one connection with the case. She had to fly from Chicago to NY to pick up a satellite truck and drive it back to Joliet, I'l in 1993 to cover the execution.  

8 hours ago, oblong said:

I was digesting things and said “wait… was there an F bomb?”  Rewound it and yes it was.  

in breaking bad in the IFT episode did she say it on AMC?I watched on Netflix 

A couple times a season they'd drop one.

"My name is ASAC Shrader and you can go f*** yourself"

Jesse said it to the Nazi's when he tried to escape......

On the TV show Fargo there were several F-bombs in the season with Ewen McGregor. 

Hey, it's not a show for kids.  With all the violence on that show if a parent is letting their kids watch, then an f-bomb is really tame actually - and besides, kid over the age of 11 or 12 are saying that to each other anyway.  

To clarify, I wasn't complaining.  I don't watch much on the cable networks other than what's on AMC so I wasn't aware it was a thing.  We've heard shit on TWD on a regular basis.   I know the censorship is self regulatory as it's not the FCC's domain.  During a BB rewatch a few weeks ago the IFT episode was on and she didn't say it.  She did on Netflix.

22 minutes ago, oblong said:

To clarify, I wasn't complaining.  I don't watch much on the cable networks other than what's on AMC so I wasn't aware it was a thing.  We've heard shit on TWD on a regular basis.   I know the censorship is self regulatory as it's not the FCC's domain.  During a BB rewatch a few weeks ago the IFT episode was on and she didn't say it.  She did on Netflix.

Were you watching the Saturday Breaking Bad marathon?   That sucked me right in too, even though I had seen it.   It had to do with the time of day.   That moment in BCS was happening just after 10pm and there is something called "Safe Harbor" between 10pm and 4am.  I could say the f word on the radio between those hours and not get fined by the FCC (though my employer would probably fire me).      But AMC is cable and they don't have to follow the same rules.  When IFC runs movies they run the whole movie, nothing is censored, no matter the time of day.   

I know you weren't complaining and the first time you realize it, it is a little startling.   

I remember when Anthony Edwards said SHIT! on ER.   I mean, he's dying of a brain tumor and falls out of bed and smacks the floor and says "SHIT!".  I doubt it rattles anyone. 

When "Little Lion Man" by Mumford & Sons first came out I put it in our station's computer for New Music Monday.  I scheduled it in the 9am hour.   I accidentally added the ALBUM version.    "but it was your heart on the line,  I really fucked it up this time".  They say the word 12 times in the song.   I heard it on my way into work, the DJ was probably doing other things and had it turned down because the whole song played.............I thought I was going to get fired that day, but nobody said anything, nobody complained.   Statute has come and gone at this point.  I got away with it.  

When I was working in Albuquerque I was doing a live break from a bar and accidentally said "shit", but it was 12:30am and the station owner knew it but thought it was funny.   He said "Least of my problems".  

Edited by Motor City Sonics

30 minutes ago, oblong said:

Rule of thumb... Paul Shaeffer can say fuck on SNL but Charles Rocket cannot.

Well,  Charlie was already on very thin ice when he did it, plus Paul's f-bomb was an accident and Charlie was deliberate.    I remember watching that live, too, I was probably about 15 or 16.  Who Shot C.R.?     From stuff that I read the writers,  cast and crew weren't going to miss him and he kind of wanted to get fired.   He thought he was going to be bigger than he was (like David Caruso and Shelly Long).   I seem to remember him only in 3 other things,  the bad guy in Dumb & Dumber,  playing an actor on a episode of Thirtysomething (Elliott directing him in a commercial and doing about 40 takes) and he was also in a Tom Petty video.   A very bad miscalculation on his part and a very tragic ending. 

7 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

It was only 10 on the east coast. It would have been running before 10 in the other time zones. I wonder how that would play into it? 

I think it is different feeds.   If it's AMC East then they only are going by the East time zone.  Ultimately it doesn't matter since it was basic cable and they can say it, but the show often runs over 1 hour, sometimes close to 90 minutes.  It runs as long as it needs to tell the story............I love that.