TV Series

I am banned from posting or commenting on FB for 24 hours because I wrote this on a facebook group about Ozark:

I really enjoyed the flashback of Ruth’s family having a BBQ singing angel from Montgomery. They may have been poor white trash hicks but in that moment we saw them happier and enjoying life more than the Byrds ever did or would.

This is my second infraction.  The first was because in that same group we were discussing The Untouchables and I quoted Andy Garcia's line to Sean Connery where he called him a "stinking Irish pig".

53 minutes ago, oblong said:

I am banned from posting or commenting on FB for 24 hours because I wrote this on a facebook group about Ozark:

I really enjoyed the flashback of Ruth’s family having a BBQ singing angel from Montgomery. They may have been poor white trash hicks but in that moment we saw them happier and enjoying life more than the Byrds ever did or would.

This is my second infraction.  The first was because in that same group we were discussing The Untouchables and I quoted Andy Garcia's line to Sean Connery where he called him a "stinking Irish pig".

The real crime is liking Ozark. 😀 

I have a warning on my account for quoting Curb Your Enthusasm. I think their algorithm is erring on the side of nipping stuff in the bud.

I had to look it up because I thought it was a joke but apparently this is a real show.      I am still not 100% sure this isn’t an elaborate joke. This may be the MCU nuke the fridge moment.   

Edited by Hongbit

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

I had to look it up because I thought it was a joke but apparently this is a real show.      I am still not 100% sure this isn’t an elaborate joke. This may be the MCU nuke the fridge moment.   

It's a real comic. There was a She-Hulk series of comic books.

I wasn't really into comics so I only really learned of this when I started digging into the MCU and they were talking about this (as a future show... what comic series it was based on, background, etc...)

Finished Ozark and I'm mad. I don't think there is a spoiler option on this so I won't post thoughts until enough time goes by allowing all interested parties to see it.

I was sick this weekend so I finished The Good Place. They ended that properly. I really enjoyed that show.

Next up: Squid Game. I'm ¾ of the way through episode one and I'm bracing myself.

11 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Yeah, that Ozark ending was, well it wasn't good.

When the part happened that I was mad about, I thought for sure that Three would be on the roof of the trailer performing sniper duties much like what had happened earlier with Rachel. Then nope. That broke my heart.

4 minutes ago, oblong said:

it overshadowed a great scene to me when they flashed back to Ruth and her family singing John Prine...  when I saw the episode title I had the song in my head the whole time.

Spoilers because it sounds like most of us have finished it:

Ruthie was my favorite and I was so happy she was getting her life together (as much as possible considering she just buried a guy under her swimming pool) and it just broke my heart because I was rooting for her. I had hoped that Marty and the kids got away, Ruthie became a legit citizen and Wendy got a comeuppance. Then Clare flinched......

I think at the end of it all, Marty genuinely cared about Ruth and his loyalty to his family caused him to follow his own personal Darlene down too many bad paths.

I had no problem with the end of Ozark, even though:

SPOILERS!!!

Like most I was "rooting" for Ruth, but it seemed true to the show to take her out. Her entire family (except Three) died because of involvement with the Byrde's, so it seems right that she would as well. Also, while I would have preferred for it to have been on-camera, it's pretty obvious that Jonah shoots the PI. With that along with Ruth dying, puts the Byrde's right back "in it" when they were "this close..." to being out. It's a never ending cycle for them, of their own making. A tragic ending for all involved, which again feels appropriate for the show.

• Like 1