Eagles at Lions

buddha

This is one of the four officially-recognized ways the Lions lose horrifically: get smoked off the field. I think it’s their first one of these for the year, too, right?

I don’t count the Bengals loss as one of those since they gave up most of those points late.

5 minutes ago, buddha said:

An embarrassing day for the an organization that has had more embarrassing days than any other professional sports team in american history.

Finally agree. Not just embarrassing days, but embarrassing years. The worst run franchise in the history of all 4 American sports. Not even close.

19 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Finally agree. Not just embarrassing days, but embarrassing years. The worst run franchise in the history of all 4 American sports. Not even close.

your bengals just lost to the jets.  

and that's the jets with an undrafted free agent qb in his first start who threw for 400 yards.

3 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Agree. He’s all talk and no substance. 

I said at the start of the season that I wasn't going to be hard or overly critical on Campbell or this regime because of how new everyone was and how awful this roster was. That said, Campbell has made a number of troubling coaching mistakes and outright blunders. Anyone beginning to question his coaching IQ isn't really wrong because he hasn't given fans a whole lot of reason to think otherwise.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

And if they don't trade Decker this week, I don't ever want to see him play here again.   They need experience on their o-line desperately, but he's got his boo-boo finger.   Screw him.          Too bad dumping a player from this team is not a punishment. 

I'm not really sure it's Decker not wanting to play. I think it's more the Lions aren't allowing him to play.

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

So the Jets beat the Bengals and the Bengals beat the Lions. That means the Jets are better than the Lions....😄😄

The Jets winning is great news for us. Another Jags and Texans wins would be solid as well. The more 1 win teams that get victories the better our chances become for securing that #1 overall pick.

5 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I said at the start of the season that I wasn't going to be hard or overly critical on Campbell or this regime because of how new everyone was and how awful this roster was. That said, Campbell has made a number of troubling coaching mistakes and outright blunders. Anyone beginning to question his coaching IQ isn't really wrong because he hasn't given fans a whole lot of reason to think otherwise.

I agree. Going for it on 4th down at mid-field and not making it is OK. When you're in FG range? Not so much. Coaching mistake. Faking punts and onside kicks are just gimmick plays that usually don't work. So I don't care so much if they're stopped. I think he's pretty good with clock management and getting players motivated. Clean up a couple of dumb calls and he may be a winning coach, given a decent roster (and a QB).

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I'm gonna give you a can of Alpo and some moldy bread with a handful of shredded cheese.   Make a good meal out of it. 

He's got nothing, man.  Just nothing. 

There were formation mistakes. That's on coaching. There were too many men on defense. Again, that's on coaching. It could be on the O or D coaches but the buck stops at the head coach.