Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

17 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'm bummed since the Lions could have really used a mobile backup for practice. 

Weren't you someone who got very angry with another poster who took your comments, twisted them, and made it seem like you were saying something you weren't?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Wow... that is... very bad. Just super messed up. I'm surprised the players even put up with it.  I'd never heard of the NAL previous so I just looked it up and according to wikipedia, players get around $200 per week. I mean I suppose there's always the hope that you shine enough that one of the bigger leagues picks you up, but man... $200 per week playing a game that could any play could spell the end of your career on the slight outside chance that maybe a scout of a developmental arena league sees you and thinks you can transition to the big time? And then have an owner who hasn't paid you for 2+ weeks?

11 hours ago, sagnam said:

If you're really holding this up as proof that Carter will not be a problem, I'm sorry... but that's a very silly thing to do. Carter's concerns weren't that he would hold out or demand more money. The concerns were if he would do stupid stuff off the field or be self-motivated enough on the field (or workout room) to make his talent work in the NFL.

This is kinda like saying that "This guy can't have a drug problem because look: He helped an old woman across the street."

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Carter means nothing with the way the salary for certain draft picks is allocated.  Maybe 10 years ago or whenever that changed.  I hated the days of draft picks holding out.

Yeah the rookie wage scale is one of the best things to come to the NFL in a long time.  I mean, without it we couldn't have endless debates about paying Goff vs. a cheap rookie.

From Yahoo Sports new post- Lamar Power Rankings.   I enjoyed this

31. New England Patriots

Bill Belichick isn’t long-term invested in Mac Jones, but franchise-solidifying quarterbacks don’t fall out of trees. At least Bill O’Brien is around to helm the offense; he can’t be worse than last year’s clown car in the OC room.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Cam Newton doesn’t have a job because he (a) sucks, and (b) would be a distraction as a backup quarterback, which absolutely no one wants.

I refer this story to (b).

Yep, he hasn't been good in several years and in the past couple years has been awful. He may or may not be better than alot of backup QBs but unlike those guys they know their worth and what their job entails, I'm not sure Cam feels the same way. I could see him making crypted social media posts anytime the starting QB has a bad game or something like that. 

3 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Yep, he hasn't been good in several years and in the past couple years has been awful. He may or may not be better than alot of backup QBs but unlike those guys they know their worth and what their job entails, I'm not sure Cam feels the same way. I could see him making crypted social media posts anytime the starting QB has a bad game or something like that. 

I have never heard Nate Sudfeld talk, and I think the Lions are perfectly okay keeping it that way. No one wants to deal with fielding questions about the backup QB. No one cares.

If a team deals with 49ers type of injuries at the QB position, I could see him getting a private tryout, but no one in their right mind is going to take him on to be QB2.

5 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

From Yahoo Sports new post- Lamar Power Rankings.   I enjoyed this

31. New England Patriots

Bill Belichick isn’t long-term invested in Mac Jones, but franchise-solidifying quarterbacks don’t fall out of trees. At least Bill O’Brien is around to helm the offense; he can’t be worse than last year’s clown car in the OC room.

Don't ever actually say his name 3 times in a mirror. He would be hired as our new GM. 😅😅

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I have never heard Nate Sudfeld talk, and I think the Lions are perfectly okay keeping it that way. No one wants to deal with fielding questions about the backup QB. No one cares.

If a team deals with 49ers type of injuries at the QB position, I could see him getting a private tryout, but no one in their right mind is going to take him on to be QB2.

He would want way too much for too many years. But maybe just a one year prove himself contract?