Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

Well he's a Jet, and they'll always regret, giving up the store

When the **** hits the fan, they'll know he's the man, who didn't give a damn (except for the headlines)

Each incomplete pass, or when he ends up on his ass, the fans say they expected, because they gave away the store and he wasn't protected

With apologies to Stephen Sondheim

I think it was a good deal for both teams considering where the Jets are currently at. I think they have a really good squad now and are a QB away from being legit SB contenders so this type of move makes sense for them. Yeah at Rodgers age you never know when you are going to fall of a cliff but lets not forget a year ago at this time he was the reigning 2 time MVP winner so its not like it's been that long since he has been elite. 

The worst you're looking at for the Jets is a 2nd and likely a 1st in the late teens or 20s. The upside is he has a few elite years left in him and he leads you to multiple deep playoff runs. 

10 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I think it was a good deal for both teams considering where the Jets are currently at. I think they have a really good squad now and are a QB away from being legit SB contenders so this type of move makes sense for them. Yeah at Rodgers age you never know when you are going to fall of a cliff but lets not forget a year ago at this time he was the reigning 2 time MVP winner so its not like it's been that long since he has been elite. 

The worst you're looking at for the Jets is a 2nd and likely a 1st in the late teens or 20s. The upside is he has a few elite years left in him and he leads you to multiple deep playoff runs. 

You know what's going to happen right?  The Lions are finally gonna have their greatest season in the SB era... make it all the way to the SB and face Aaron Rodgers and the Jets, who will knock them off with a Hail Mary because of a bad penalty call.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 10:04 AM, CMRivdogs said:

Rodgers going to the Jets is a bit reminiscent of Namath going to the Rams. That didn't work out so well.

At Rodgers has better knees...

I think the best comparison would actually be Brett Farve.  Same age, same teams, and GB had a QB waiting.  Correct me if I am wrong, Farve's previous year he was in consideration for MVP as well.  I don't think the Jets had that much talent though when Farve came over. 

Deal made sense for both teams.  Jets had no other option.  They are all in, if they get a SB out of it then it’s for sure worth it.

I don’t think they will even make the playoffs, so it will end up better for the Packers. Jets will sell tickets, merchandise and get more prime time games (no SNF in like a decade), and maybe win some games. So all good for them too.