Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

The Lions should look into Matt Ioannidis. Checks a lot boxes. 3T, team captain, only 29. He had 8.5 sacks from the interior Dline a few years ago.

PFF Rank

10786.png?w=600&h=380

POSITION
DI
STATUS
Unsigned
2022 TEAM
CAR
PROJECTED CONTRACT
PFF+
2023 TEAM
2023 CONTRACT

Ioannidis was one of the more surprising cap casualties heading into 2022, ultimately landing with the Carolina Panthers on a one-year, $5.9 million flier. He paired well with nose tackle Derrick Brown as a lighter pass-rusher up the middle. Ioannidis has missed time here and there in recent seasons with injuries, but he's been a consistently strong pass-rusher from the interior, earning pass-rush grades of 69.1 or better in each of the last six seasons with a pressure rate around 10% in each of the last two. He can help a lot of teams make things tough on opposing quarterbacks

Edited by Stanley70

14 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

You can’t accurately judge how SoS will turn our before the season but this looks like a schedule from the gods.  

sure, but the saints arent going to be that good.  they'll lose some of those road games just because theyre on the road.  they'll lose some of those home games because theyre playing better teams.

9-8 or 8-9.

17 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I don't know what that website is, but I simply do not believe it. Why would Dallas release Elliot to just turn around and give him a massive contract that no other team was willing to give? I thought for a second it was an April fools joke. 

It's a fake news site. 

Or do we believe the May 12 article that Ja Morant has been traded, but also suspended for the next two games considering the Grizzlies season is over? 

I mean this is their about page:

"TheQuarterGrill does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information."

No legit news site would ever write that. ever. 

Conspiracy theorist in me does wonder why the league gave them the 2nd most Prime Time games in the league despite only winning 6 games last year and not having some amazing offseason or something. I know they have a relatively big fan base but there are teams that have bigger that didn't get that much. 

9 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Conspiracy theorist in me does wonder why the league gave them the 2nd most Prime Time games in the league despite only winning 6 games last year and not having some amazing offseason or something. I know they have a relatively big fan base but there are teams that have bigger that didn't get that much. 

They're the Raiders, Randy.    The Raiders, Cowboys, Packers and Steelers are always going to get more attention than they deserve (Steelers not as much anymore).  

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

The play in Las Vegas.

Thats why 5 of the 6 are at home. Broadcast teams like making the trip there.

It wouldn’t surprise me if there were generally more bets placed on Vegas Raiders games than your average team. It’s fact that the NFL is in bed with the books. Wouldn’t surprise me if there was influence on what games were prime time. The league can just say the Raiders have a big fan base though and it’s not like they are really wrong.