Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

They would also move Donald if the could. I was more interested in the Vikings. They are over the cap and looks like they could go into rebuild mode. This division keeps opening up wider for the Lions. 

They are clearly rebuilding their defense. Rumors are swirling that they want to trade Dalvin Cook, after cutting Thielen. They won't luck into five wins like they did last year.  

If the Cardinals are rebuilding or at least retooling, would you inquire about Isaiah Simmons? Does Simmons fit our scheme as a sort of in the box LB/S hybrid?

Simmons is still under team control, on a rookie contract, so I'd imagine he's an expensive acquisition. But he's got the ability and speed to be the coverage LB we desperately need and he can work the field sideline to sideline.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

2 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

If the Cardinals are rebuilding or at least retooling, would you inquire about Isaiah Simmons? Does Simmons fit our scheme as a sort of in the box LB/S hybrid?

He would be an upgrade over what we have at the position but he's not world-beating. I know Cardinals fans have speculated that his struggles come from scheme stupidity more than his abilities, and that he would excel with better defensive coaching. If Campbell and Glenn see that too, I'm open to it.

He's also in the same boat of Okudah right now where you will need to make a decision soon about a hefty 5th year option (about $12MM) on a guy who has not really shown himself to be worthy of hefty money. I wouldn't give any sort of high pick for him, but if a future 4th or 5th round pick would get it done, I'd be intrigued.

Aaron Rodgers announces that he intends to play for the Jets.......................Well then fucking play for the Jets.  He's gotta tell everyone first, right?  He can't just get the deal done.      I've never seen an athlete beg for this much attention.   

Dude's a billionaire (or close to it) and his own family hates him.   I understand.  

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Can't say I blame him.  I mean he's got millions (assuming he's saved/invested some) already... probably more money than he needs for the rest of his life, and the NFL is brutal on player's bodies. 

I think it's also pretty admirable that he's announcing it way in advance (assume he doesn't change his mind) so that the Dolphins can plan appropriately. Now he is saying he'll play out his contract so it's not like if he retired in 2025 after his contact was up that the Dolphins would be left in a lurch, taken by surprise and scrambling to fill a hole, but still I think it's pretty cool to give lots and lots of notice so the Dolphins can play appropriately.

2 hours ago, RedRamage said:

Can't say I blame him.  I mean he's got millions (assuming he's saved/invested some) already... probably more money than he needs for the rest of his life, and the NFL is brutal on player's bodies. 

I think it's also pretty admirable that he's announcing it way in advance (assume he doesn't change his mind) so that the Dolphins can plan appropriately. Now he is saying he'll play out his contract so it's not like if he retired in 2025 after his contact was up that the Dolphins would be left in a lurch, taken by surprise and scrambling to fill a hole, but still I think it's pretty cool to give lots and lots of notice so the Dolphins can play appropriately.

Oh Barry...

Wherefore art thou?

35 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I wish I could be as bad at my job as Tim Boyle and never have to worry about finding employment. Career earnings over $7MM after this contract.

Assuming 2 QBs per team it's hard to believe that he is one of the 64 best people on Earth at playing QB. I say the same thing about kickers that suck, it's like there HAS to be somebody better out there you would think. 

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Assuming 2 QBs per team it's hard to believe that he is one of the 64 best people on Earth at playing QB. I say the same thing about kickers that suck, it's like there HAS to be somebody better out there you would think. 

I wonder about this sometimes. There are 32 teams that would willingly pay $35 million a year to a skilled QB and yet there are only a dozen guys in the world who are good enough. Is this a failure of training or is the job really that hard? I think it is the latter. 

Beckam gets 15m guaranteed. That's insanity, Lamar would be wise to pick up his agent. Speaking of which it sounds like they plan to give Lamar what he wants cause paying a WR that tells me they must plan on having a capable guy to get the ball and Pro Bowler Ty Huntley isnt that guy.