Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

1 hour ago, RedRamage said:

Given how many teams make the playoffs in the NFL each year, it is pretty sad that the Jets have more than decade since last appearance.  Heck if the Lions have less than half as many years since they've been in that your team has made it then you KNOW your team sucks.

Of course, after this weekend, the Lions may be the only ones extending a hypothetical "last playoff win" chart....

Eric Weddle comes out of retirement to join the Rams "super team" in the playoffs. I know some are still pulling for Stafford but honestly I'm going to be rooting 100% for the Cardinals on Monday. 

Not only for the hopes of getting a little better draft pick but I just hate McVay and his smartest guy in the room vibe and the Rams in general. That offsets any love I may have for Staff.

29 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I hate McVay but like Stafford. I'm conflicted. McVay reminds me of Patricia but only successful. I feel like the first time the Rams struggle or have a losing season, players will turn on McVay. 

That's why the spiteful part of me wants them to lose. I would love to see him lose in the 1st round after giving up those picks and kicking Goff to the curb. 

30 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Kelly Stafford going after Rams fans. I watched the game and it was embarrassing.

It’s been that way most of the season for both LA teams.   It’s going to take time to build their fan base.  At this point,  I’m not sure there are even enough hardcore Rams fans to fill the stadium.    They need those opposing fans to fill the place.  

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

Time isn't going to help when they don't care, and they don't care about football in LA.

Thats very true.  Sheer population volume in a 2 hour drive from Sofi should provide enough to get 65,000 fans into the stadium.    They need to be really good first in order to get them consistently. 

The Rams have been perennial contenders since about the first day they arrived in Los Angeles and have been to a Super Bowl. What more do they need? No other city would get a pass like this. Nowhere else would they force two teams on a city that doesn't care about football. As for Kelly, she has to make up her mind if she wants the California lifestyle or be in a real football town. It looks like she can't have both. 

40 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The Rams have been perennial contenders since about the first day they arrived in Los Angeles and have been to a Super Bowl. What more do they need? No other city would get a pass like this. Nowhere else would they force two teams on a city that doesn't care about football. As for Kelly, she has to make up her mind if she wants the California lifestyle or be in a real football town. It looks like she can't have both. 

Yep..  Things may have been different had they won that Super Bowl.      For better or worse, no other city is like Los Angeles.  So many other things to do and so many transplants from other places.  

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

the rams are the 4th most valuable team in the nfl according to forbes.  i dont think they give a shit if angelinos care about them or not.

4 minutes ago, buddha said:

the rams are the 4th most valuable team in the nfl according to forbes.  i dont think they give a shit if angelinos care about them or not.

I understand why the NFL force fed a team to Los Angeles. There was literally nothing St Louis could do to prevent it. Los Angeles was valuable without a team because it could be used to extort other cities for new stadiums. Now there isn't any threat to move to Los Angeles.