Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

56 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Sounds like Staley is keeping his job in LA since it was announced they fired Lombardi but nothing about him. 

It makes me wonder if that was the job Harbaugh was holding out for but once he caught wind that Staley would be safe he suddenly decided to finally commit to Michigan?

I think Harbaugh's flirtation this time was due diligence in case UM did not cough up money for his assistants & a more cohesive, competitive NIL plan.  He would have gone, but wasn't hoping to, IMHO

Its sad to see the guy who has arguably the most famous sports call in US history with the Miracle on Ice finish being reduced to a joke due to his lack of enthusiasm.

Maybe if you're hell bent on being an announcer to you die you should have to be one in a sport like golf or even baseball where the fans don't expect as much emotion out of you. 

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Its sad to see the guy who has arguably the most famous sports call in US history with the Miracle on Ice finish being reduced to a joke due to his lack of enthusiasm.

Maybe if you're hell bent on being an announcer to you die you should have to be one in a sport like golf or even baseball where the fans don't expect as much emotion out of you. 

dont pair him with a very low energy tony dungy.

On 1/19/2023 at 1:56 PM, RandyMarsh said:

Same thing happened to Martin Tyler at this year's World Cup. Must lose your range as you get. I didn't think it's from lethargy.

Speaking of ageing sports reporters, news from Jerry Green. That was quite a run.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2023/01/19/after-56-super-bowls-the-detroit-news-jerry-green-steps-away/69823582007/?fbclid=IwAR1NOfGQ_iPu0NLrRooxQ0BCCzQuFPKEQIbxDTnvRFpzzZkwRGYiNYASrr8

Bloomfield Hills — For the longest time, reporter Jerry Green had been quietly driven by the symmetry of matching childhood idol Joe DiMaggio. But in the end, it was another professional sports icon, quarterback Tom Brady, who helped convince Green it was OK to step away.

This year, for the first time since the Super Bowl's 1967 inception, Green won't be in attendance to cover the game, ending his unmatched streak of 56 in a row.

2 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Same thing happened to Martin Tyler at this year's World Cup. Must lose your range as you get. I didn't think it's from lethargy.

Speaking of ageing sports reporters, news from Jerry Green. That was quite a run.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2023/01/19/after-56-super-bowls-the-detroit-news-jerry-green-steps-away/69823582007/?fbclid=IwAR1NOfGQ_iPu0NLrRooxQ0BCCzQuFPKEQIbxDTnvRFpzzZkwRGYiNYASrr8

Bloomfield Hills — For the longest time, reporter Jerry Green had been quietly driven by the symmetry of matching childhood idol Joe DiMaggio. But in the end, it was another professional sports icon, quarterback Tom Brady, who helped convince Green it was OK to step away.

This year, for the first time since the Super Bowl's 1967 inception, Green won't be in attendance to cover the game, ending his unmatched streak of 56 in a row.

martin tyler is a treasure.

42 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Man it was painful to watch the Giants stink up the joint last night, especially knowing that they backed in with a tie, the Lions trounced them, and the Lions offense is one of the few in the NFL as good as the Eagles, if not better. 

How about the Jaguars in it until the end vs the Chiefs, when we beat them 40-14?

The way that the Lions were playing at the end (minus Carolina game), we might have been able to surprise some teams had we made the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Poor Bills

I know.   I feel bad for them.    Long suffering fans that they have.......but then I am a Lions fan so screw 'em.    Talk about suffering. 

Joe Burrow's stats mean nothing.   He brings a swagger to that team.    I hope they win the whole thing.   Sick of KC, Hate Dallas,  Not much into the Niners and Philly fans are insufferable.  

• Like 1

Cincinnati has won 10 in a row.  They have not lost since Halloween.    

Beginning of last year I said they were actually a good team, but not this good.  I thought they were a .500 team after years of suck.   I didn't think they'd repeat last year's good run..........but I was wrong.    They beat KC on the road last year in the Championship and they weren't as good as they are now.  

Edited by Motor City Sonics