Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

16 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Eagles are getting as easy a cake walk to the Super Bowl as I can remember seeing.

I've been saying this. First team they played was the last seeded team in a diluted pool of playoff teams. Next up was a game against a 3rd string rookie who was injured on their first drive. K.C. by 10.

15 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

The Lions almost beat the Eagles. It's so frustrating because I think the Lions could have been competitive against any team in the NFC. They just turned it a little too late. 

The Giants tie game cost us the playoffs, right? We beat them head to head if that's the first tiebreaker.

2 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

The Giants tie game cost us the playoffs, right? We beat them head to head if that's the first tiebreaker.

If the Giants lost to Washington instead of tied, it would have set up a 4 way for for 2 spots between Detroit, Washington, New York, and Seattle. It's anyone's guess how those tiebreakers would have worked. 

4 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Brock Purdy's career is in jeopardy.   He will be out 6-8 months, but it could take longer.   A feel-good story went sour quick.  

The SF QB saga is amazing. Three firsts and a third to trade up for Lance who is on his way to bust status. They were able to bail themselves out because nobody wanted to sign and injured Garoppolo, then they were bailed out again by Mr. Irrelevant, only to have all three unavailable to finish the conference championship. Now everyone is focused on bad injury luck or bad NFL roster rules but nobody is calling Lynch out for trading the farm for a QB who has 102 pass attempts for 55% completion rate in two seasons. Might have been nice to use one of those firsts to replace Alex Mack. 

On 1/26/2023 at 4:49 PM, Motown Bombers said:

WTF?!?  Does someone actually think this is a good deal for the Jets? The likely defensive ROY from last year, Williams and TWO 1sts for an aging QB??

I mean, if I'm the Packers I'm doing that deal instantly.  No question at all.

8 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Brock Purdy's career is in jeopardy.   He will be out 6-8 months, but it could take longer.   A feel-good story went sour quick.  

I get this strange feeling that Brady is gonna go to 49ers and play another year while mentoring Purdy.  Who better than a former 6th round pick to mentor a 7th round pick?

24 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Glenn is in the mix for the Cardinals job. They gave him a 2nd interview. With Ryans and Payton off the table, Glenn could be a front runner there. I kind of thought Glenn would be a fit for Houston given he used to play there. 

I hope not.  Just like with BenJo, I hope he sticks around for another year at least to help with consistency.  

38 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Two hires happening almost simultaneously. Schefter says they weren’t related but I have my doubts.

Rappaport is reporting Denver made a last minute run at Ryans to convince him to come to Denver over Houston. Imagine how toxic Russell Wilson must be if you choose Houston over Denver. 

Edited by Motown Bombers

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Rappaport is reporting Denver made a last minute run at Ryans to convince me to come to Denver over Houston. 

did you really need convincing to coach denver over houston?  that's a pretty good gig for your first head coaching job.