Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

I do think Brady is done this time but I would still take him over Rodgers if those are my choices. Rodgers will cost draft picks. He's scheduled to earn $60 million. I do believe Brady would sign for less. Rodgers is a diva and would probably get eaten alive in New York. There's no guarantee he would be there more than one year. Both QBs are old and decline can hit fast in the NFL and the Jets could be holding the bag. Carr is the best fit. He wouldn't need to carry that team the way he needed to carry the Raiders. The Jets are likely a playoff team with Carr. Garappolo is a good safety net but he struggles to stay healthy. 

51 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Their options look like they would be:

Garoppolo 

Brady

Carr

Rodgers

Draft pick

... how would those rank?

Rodgers has to be number one because he is far and away the most talented player on the list and still probably has a few good years left in him. I also think Lamar Jackson needs to be added to this list because there is a real possibility that he's starting somewhere other than Baltimore next season. On the bottom of the list is Tom Brady because no one knows what he'll actually do and he legit started to look washed up last season in Tampa Bay. Brady to me would be the least appealing option, but if you're the Jets and you are trotting out the Ghost of Joe Flacco, Mike White, and Johnny Manziel-lite in Zach Wilson, you'll take a stab at Brady if you miss out on all the rest.

I think Baltimore is the best opening for a QB if Lamar doesn't return there. The franchise has one of the best Head Coaches and coaching staffs in football, a great roster outside of the WR and RB positions, and a strong track record of winning and success. I think the Jets are the next most appealing opening. I feel they have a talented roster that could make the playoffs if you plug in a good QB.

1. Rodgers

2. Lamar Jackson

3. Carr

4. Draft Pick

5. Jimmy G

6. Brady

I think the Jets really are going to get Aaron Rodgers now.  Aaron Rodgers in New York might be the most intolerable thing in NFL history. 

If Brady comes out of retirement (and I totally don't rule it out) I think it might be the Dolphins for a few reasons.   The Stephen Ross-Michigan connection,  It's fucking Miami, Tua is one hit away from the end and that's going to happen this coming season (unfortunately) and Miami will need a QB to step in and I think Brady would LOVE to have a couple of shots at Belichick and Miami already has the talent.     

Derek Carr?   Well.........the options are going to be the Saints, Packers, Jets, Colts, Commanders, Panthers and Rams (if Stafford retires).     I think the Jets get Reogers,  I think the Colts and Panthers go young QB high in the draft.   Carr's most likely teams would be the Commanders, Saints or Packers.

On 2/2/2023 at 8:33 PM, buddha said:

the packers arent going for derek carr.  nor are the saints, who have no money.

Have no money?    That's an NFL myth.    The NFL salary cap is like the debt ceiling.  It's there, but we'll get around it.

I see that Aaron Rodgers won a championship, but it was in golf.  I'm sure we'll have to hear it about it until training camp....the one he finally shows up at (the last possible one) - with the Packers. 

23 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'm just not sold on Lamar Jackson as a long term option. The fact that the Ravens, one of the better run teams in sports, aren't either just further convinces me. 

He seems like a guy that once he starts slipping, it's going to be a very fast fall.    Trade him to the Raiders for Derek Carr and draft picks (of course the Raiders probably don't have the money to pay him)

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

He seems like a guy that once he starts slipping, it's going to be a very fast fall.    Trade him to the Raiders for Derek Carr and draft picks (of course the Raiders probably don't have the money to pay him)

I get Cam Newton vibes from him. Once he loses his legs, how effective is he going to be? I don't want to be the team that finds out. 

I'm not one to judge a guy's injury in this sport. It's too violent and they're putting their lives on the line every play.... but I don't think that locker room appreciated how Lamar's season-ending injury went down. It definitely stunk of something fishy, and it probably wasn't great for moral as 21 other starters played while hurting while he didn't even show up to practice and posts on Twitter "sorry guys I'm still hurt 😞"

16 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Lions went and broke Aaron Rodgers. All he's going to see in his four days of darkness is Kerby Joseph. 

He spoke at an Astrology conference about using Astrology to learn how to love yourself.   I don't think he needs any help there.      All I see on your chart, Aaron is a big blue "31".  

18 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Lions went and broke Aaron Rodgers. All he's going to see in his four days of darkness is Kerby Joseph. 

that last interception he threw, the TV announcers were going on and on and on about how he was rushed.   I don't care how he was rushed, that was a bad and stupid throw, that was a rookie mistake and it was beautiful.    If they came out with that pill from Kids In The Hall Brain Candy that takes you back to your happiest moment and has you relive it over and over and over, my moment might be this.       Cris Collinsworth couldn't get AR's dick out of his mouth fast enough to blame the O-Line on this dumbass throw.     Go get another tea tree oil enema, Aaron.      Kudos to the music that was added to this clip.  I would like to meet the person that did it and shake their hand.  

• Like 1