2022 MLB (non-Tigers) catch all thread

gehringer_2

5 hours ago, chasfh said:

I was actually wondering just the other day who the most recent major leaguer is who was active-duty military. I have no idea, but I’m guessing it was a Vietnam vet, somebody like Garry Maddox. 

I don't know who the last is either, but I know Al Bumbry lost two years of minor league baseball after being drafted into the service. He had been drafted by the Orioles out of college, then the next year by Uncle Sam. He was one of the few to actually serve in Vietnam as well. He went back to the minors in 71 when he got out of the service and was AL rookie of the year in '73.

• Like 1

Video comes out of Trevor Bauer's victim laying in bed with a sleeping Bauer and smiling,  hours after she claims she was sexually assaulted by him.   She claimed she was trying to get away from him and that she was terrified.    Very interesting.    If she's lying about this, she should go to jail - she ruined his life.     I don't even like Trevor Bauer. 

40 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Video comes out of Trevor Bauer's victim laying in bed with a sleeping Bauer and smiling,  hours after she claims she was sexually assaulted by him.   She claimed she was trying to get away from him and that she was terrified.    Very interesting.    If she's lying about this, she should go to jail - she ruined his life.     I don't even like Trevor Bauer. 

Agree.  The guy can be a douche, but no one deserves this treatment if innocent.  Unfortunately, he’s not been given the benefit of the doubt, perhaps due to his brashness.

47 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Agree.  The guy can be a douche, but no one deserves this treatment if innocent.  Unfortunately, he’s not been given the benefit of the doubt, perhaps due to his brashness.

He lost two years of his prime to this.    Maybe there is a lot more to this, but I used to be believe her and now I believe him.    He can't get those two years back, he'll never be 29 or 30 again.     I hate feeling like this, I want to not go after the accuser, but I think of the Duke Lacrosse incident (those young men were ruined and their coach lost his job) or the Rolling Stone "Rape on Campus" story where a young lady who worked for UVA named Nicole Eramo had her life turned upside down based on a lie.       

On 12/9/2022 at 10:20 AM, Motor City Sonics said:

I don't have an opinion on whether he is innocent ot not, because there is not enough information.  However, I don't think such a video, if it exists, means a lot.  We don't know when the video was taken.  It could have been taken during an earlier meeting where she enjoyed herself.  Or it could have been taken early in the final meeting before he started doing things she hadn't agreed to.  

On 12/9/2022 at 9:20 AM, Motor City Sonics said:

people say all sorts of stuff for money.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, CMU97 said:

The Mets are paying most of his remaining $24 MILLION salary, so the O's will have 2 years of McCann for $5 million. If he remembers how to hit again ( big if) it won't be a bad deal.

makes sense for Os when you have SH catcher; McCann can start 40-50 times a year when facing LHP (which he has hit very well against some years); allows Adley to DH and not get worn down; would not be surprised if he puts up over 1.0 WAR each year; a bargain for 2.5M

59 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

makes sense for Os when you have SH catcher; McCann can start 40-50 times a year when facing LHP (which he has hit very well against some years); allows Adley to DH and not get worn down; would not be surprised if he puts up over 1.0 WAR each year; a bargain for 2.5M

he'll be hitting in a good park for him.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ben9753 said:

If I was him I’d retire. You made more money than you can spend, enjoy life. I guess that’s why I’m not a pro ball player. Or one reason among many.  

I’ve read enough about him to hypothesize that optimizing every ounce of his ability and putting it into practice in a game is his favorite way of enjoying life. Or at least his favorite way that doesn’t get him suspended.