2022 MLB (non-Tigers) catch all thread

gehringer_2

what i remember about dave cameron was how big of an ass hole he was.  but that was 20 years ago (ish).  him and craig calcaterra.  arrogant know it all pricks.  i know calcaterra hasnt changed (in fact, its become his brand), but not sure about cameron.  hopefully he's a nicer guy now.

53 minutes ago, buddha said:

what i remember about dave cameron was how big of an ass hole he was.  but that was 20 years ago (ish).  him and craig calcaterra.  arrogant know it all pricks.  i know calcaterra hasnt changed (in fact, its become his brand), but not sure about cameron.  hopefully he's a nicer guy now.

A while ago, maybe, I don’t know, 10some plus years ago, Calcaterra did a weekly spot on local radio, just a 10-15 minute deal.  I never found him to be arrogant and know it all, although he could be a bit more so in print from time to time.  The local sports show is long gone, and I know he was moved on from NBC some time after.  Haven’t followed him much at all since.

6 minutes ago, casimir said:

A while ago, maybe, I don’t know, 10some plus years ago, Calcaterra did a weekly spot on local radio, just a 10-15 minute deal.  I never found him to be arrogant and know it all, although he could be a bit more so in print from time to time.  The local sports show is long gone, and I know he was moved on from NBC some time after.  Haven’t followed him much at all since.

follow him on twitter.  he attacks people personally all the time.  he's not a nice guy online.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

I haven't followed him closely in recent years.  A lot of the sabers from that period were snarky know it alls which I don't think helped the saber movement.  He wasn't one of my favorites, but I don't remember if he was worse than others.    

23 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I haven't followed him closely in recent years.  A lot of the sabers from that period were snarky know it alls which I don't think helped the saber movement.  He wasn't one of my favorites, but I don't remember if he was worse than others.    

i remember having voros mccraken call me stupid for daring to say that carlos guillen might be better than jhonny peralta.

15 minutes ago, buddha said:

i remember having voros mccraken call me stupid for daring to say that carlos guillen might be better than jhonny peralta.

I have been a bomb thrower and a bomb receiver. Man oh man, when I got piled on for going after the BP/Fangraphs types for their blatant pro-player tilt in labor analysis, it opened my eyes to how toxic that was and I started unfollowing and muting a ton of those jerks.

On 11/14/2022 at 4:11 PM, Tiger337 said:

This is interesting.  Cameron never seemed that brilliant, but he worked hard and was ubiquitous on saber social media.  He reached his dream job.  Good for him.  

He’s a good guy, he helped me get a couple of articles published there.

On 11/14/2022 at 6:48 PM, buddha said:

Will Carroll called me stupid maybe 15 years ago for daring to suggest that teams manipulate their disabled lists to manage rosters.

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Teoscar Hernandez to the Ms for reliever Erik Swanson and prospect Adam Macko. Macko is the Ms 8th ranked prospect by pipeline with a 45 overall grade. Swanson's statcast page is sexy as hell so he looks to be a dominant reliever. 

can we all agree to never use the term "sexy" here, unless it is being used in reference to a player's wife or girlfriend?  

thanks in advance.