2022 MLB (non-Tigers) catch all thread

gehringer_2

I can't help shake the belief that Judge's chase to overtake Maris is a team-specific story masquerading as a national story, because of the Yankees outsized impact on baseball media.

Don't want to take anything away from Judge, hitting 61 is impressive, especially in this environment... but as Ed alludes to, if we are to wipe away Bonds and McGwire and Sosa, the logical end to that is an asterisk next to all of the championships that happened in the era they played in.

Edited by mtutiger

51 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I think you know that it's not just him that I'm talking about.

meh - events like this always generate a ton of commentary from a ton of people whose opinions I don't care about - which is all I was getting at.

I guess I'd go a little further on the basic logic. It's an event, it happened, it's in the books. I guess I don't really care about anyone's opinion about the event. Makes no difference to me or to what is now historical fact that stands on its own.

Edited by gehringer_2

LaRussa officially retiring (again).  I hope his health is OK, but he really tarnished his legacy (at least to me) with the last two seasons.  That was a formidable roster of young talent, and nothing to show for it. I know they had injuries, but all teams experience that.  I suspect with a strong manager that the ‘23 team will perform well—the talent is still there.

• 2 weeks later...