2022 MLB (non-Tigers) catch all thread

gehringer_2

I was being facetious on that in the sense that the Rangers seem to be snapping up FA's early each year... well, starting last year. We'll see if that works for them.

Oh, also... Does Degrom stay healthy and pitch like Degrom, or spend as much time on the IL as Zimmerman did, reducing the effectiveness of that signing way, way down...? That would be a terrible parallel for them...

rare to see teams with biggest offer not land a player, but Judge and Turner took less.

Yankees paid almost $150M more than their last/best spring training offer.

SF has to sign Correa now?

And Atl probably cannot let Swanson go considering Phillies and NYM spend.

LAD have holes and money still.

6 big names to go: Correa, Swanson, Contreras, Xander, Rodon and Nimmo

33 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

rare to see teams with biggest offer not land a player, but Judge and Turner took less.

Yankees paid almost $150M more than their last/best spring training offer.

SF has to sign Correa now?

And Atl probably cannot let Swanson go considering Phillies and NYM spend.

LAD have holes and money still.

6 big names to go: Correa, Swanson, Contreras, Xander, Rodon and Nimmo

This is the first players market in a while—teams are spending recklessly. Less than ideal for the Tigers.

Interesting move signing Xander.    Do you think they are trying to get rid of Tatis?   They had a great year without him and he doesn't seem to be well-liked.    Who would take on that contract for a guy who is one bad test away from being out for good?    If the Padres want to move him, how much would they still have to pay him?  

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Interesting move signing Xander.    Do you think they are trying to get rid of Tatis?   They had a great year without him and he doesn't seem to be well-liked.    Who would take on that contract for a guy who is one bad test away from being out for good?    If the Padres want to move him, how much would they still have to pay him?  

Sounds like they plan on moving him to the OF, not sure how he's going to feel about that though. 

13 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

Looks like DD found a Rule 5 loophole...

I was actually wondering just the other day who the most recent major leaguer is who was active-duty military. I have no idea, but I’m guessing it was a Vietnam vet, somebody like Garry Maddox.