Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

5 minutes ago, pfife said:

Anecdotally, hearing of a lot more folks testing positive last week or so....

Spring Break travel? My wife flew out of DTW Saturday a week ago, said the airport was a zoo as SB travel was just beginning. We both tested positive by midweek. Planned to have family in this past weekend, that was shot to hell. Travel plans for this weekend (more family, Easter) have also been canceled. Neither one of us felt anything more than some head congestion. 

My test came up negative today, she's still showing positive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I don't get invited by anybody to Easter anymore since I refer to it as walking dead day and watch The Walking Dead during Easter. 

If you lived by me I would invite you. I smoke a ham drink, some beers and watch the Tigers. 

Edited by Tigeraholic1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, chasfh said:

I wonder the diseases we are calling COVID as an umbrella term is in the process of morphing into taxonomically different diseases, but we don’t know that yet because the research on it is so new.

The good news is that warmer weather is coming so these will all probably just go away.    I’m sure we will be at zero cases very, very soon. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

The good news is that warmer weather is coming so these will all probably just go away.    I’m sure we will be at zero cases very, very soon. 

Pretty much. My wifes 75 bed ICU has not had a COVID patient since december. Thats in a very red very undervaxxed county.

35 minutes ago, oblong said:

Hospitals here made masks optional now.  She's seeing many co workers faces for the first time.  "Ah, so that's what you got going on?  Not what I expected"

More than a few retail workers I would see every week with beautiful eyes, very captivating, then when they could take off the mask it was like, oh wow, that regresses the face to the mean a bit.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, oblong said:

Hospitals here made masks optional now.  She's seeing many co workers faces for the first time.  "Ah, so that's what you got going on?  Not what I expected"

A woman started working at my company three years ago and she always wore a mask. We interacted often until she started working remotely not long after. She was in the office recently and I didn't even recognize her!

'High bio-hazard risk' in Sudan after laboratory seized, WHO says

GENEVA (Reuters) - The World Health Organization (WHO) representative in Sudan said on Tuesday there was a "high risk of biological hazard" after one of the sides in the Sudan fighting seized a laboratory.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2023-04-25/who-says-high-risk-of-biological-hazard-after-sudan-laboratory-seized

Just in time for election season!