Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

Nobody died from COVID.  They were all drugged and secretly flown, blindfolded,  to George Soros' secret giant Australia-sized island in the South Pacific, which is the reason that no planes ever fly over the South Pacific between Australia and South America.    NASA guards it like they do the Ice Wall.  Get close to it and die.      On the giant island of Sorosia the Democrats live like kings while Republicans are forced into Slavery..........oops, I mean Involuntary Relocation.   I learned this from a lizard person, who left the lizard people to side up with good God-Fearing Americans.  His eyes blink sideways.  

• 2 weeks later...

Wait a minute here: if they are concerned about Florida residents being used as "guinea pigs" for the mRNA COVID booster because they think the vaccine is dangerous—because why else would they be concerned about that—then why are they not advising people over the age of 65 to avoid the shot as well? Does Ron DeSantis want to kill off Florida's senior citizens, or something?

1 hour ago, oblong said:

I have my physical in a few weeks and plan on getting both the flu and booster.  Bring it on.  

Someone should make band aids with meatball Ron's face on it to put over our shot site.

I would have liked to wait until the new vax was out, but since I was due for a booster this summer I figured I better do it before I came back to campus. Glad I did, "rampant" might be too strong a word, but there is a LOT of Covid about in A^2. OTOH, I don't know of anyone that has been particularly sick from it this time around.

8 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I would have liked to wait until the new vax was out, but since I was due for a booster this summer I figured I better do it before I came back to campus. Glad I did, "rampant" might be too strong a word, but there is a LOT of Covid about in A^2. OTOH, I don't know of anyone that has been particularly sick from it this time around.

Can confirm. Me, gf, and her parents all in A2 had it at once over a week ago. Very mild for me. Slightly worse for everyone else but nothing too bad (gf has asthma). 

Edited by Tigerbomb13

1 minute ago, oblong said:

I was going to ask my doc about that.  Probably go with the covid shot first then flu after if that's an issue.  

My doc knows about my wife's issues, but said for me he has no concerns with me getting them together, that said I plan on separating them so I don't add concern to my wife.  I'm at my Walgreen's once a week for her medication anyway, not like it's a big deal for me anyway.

3 hours ago, Edman85 said:

I have an appointment to get mine next Friday (Flu too). Will let you know if this is just bluster or if there's anything in place that may keep CVS from jabbing me. Luckily, I can get to Georgia in about 45 minutes if I need to.

Didn't they pass a law against you going out of state to do that and are offering anonymous informants $50,000 to rat on you and anyone helping you?

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, chasfh said:

image.thumb.png.30ac956c8e1e4e9627f53f7ace48e715.png

I can understand why this confuses you. You see, there was an effort last year by Missouri lawmakers to allow private citizens to sue anyone who helps a Missouri resident have an abortion — from the out-of-state physician who performs the procedure to whoever helps transport a person across state lines to a clinic. It was a pretty well-reported effort and there were a lot of posts about it here on MTF at the time. So the post that confuses you was a comical riff on that. Hope that clears it up for you.

Edited by chasfh

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

I can understand why this confuses you. You see, there was an effort last year by Missouri lawmakers to allow private citizens to sue anyone who helps a Missouri resident have an abortion — from the out-of-state physician who performs the procedure to whoever helps transport a person across state lines to a clinic. It was a pretty well-reported effort and there were a lot of posts about it here on MTF at the time. So the post that confuses you was a comical riff on that. Hope that clears it up for you.

the current AG of Alabama is arguing they have a right to question and monitor transportation of minor females to see if they are going across state lines for abortion. The argument isn’t that they will… but that they could.  You know how those end up working out.  They claim they can prosecute women and those who help them obtain abortions in other states and in the case of minors they can pay special attention. After all it’s a criminal conspiracy at that point.  

On 9/16/2023 at 2:09 PM, chasfh said:

I am so confused! Are you talking about COVID shots in Florida or abortion law "efforts" in Missouri? You project an awful lot so I get confused.

3 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Me? You got your panties in a bunch because I reacted to your comment and then you had to provide a paragraph long explanation as to why we should find it funny. LOL some peoples kids......

I'll grant that funny is subjective, but also, this seems very personal for you.

I really don't want to get into a public spat here. If I upset you so, then my counsel to you would be to put me on ignore. To do so, go to your own profile by clicking on your screen name next to your avatar, top right of every page. Choose "Ignored Users". Once there, in the box under "Add new user to ignore list", type "chas" and my icon should pop right up. Click on that, and you'll see three box choices: posts, messages, and mentions. Choose any or all that suit you and click Add User. That should do it. Or don't do so, as you see fit. Either way, take care and best of everything to you.

• Confused 1

I’ve always been a 100% Covid believer.  I followed all the rules and didn’t think twice about getting vaxxed multiple times in the past.    

Right now, I don’t see a reason to run out and get myself an updated booster.  I don’t see any strains out there that seem dangerous.  I am more concerned with a bad flu bug.   

7 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I’ve always been a 100% Covid believer.  I followed all the rules and didn’t think twice about getting vaxxed multiple times in the past.    

Right now, I don’t see a reason to run out and get myself an updated booster.  I don’t see any strains out there that seem dangerous.  I am more concerned with a bad flu bug.   

I'm looking at it pretty much as having passed into the same category as the flu. It's always going to be around, it will keep morphing marginally as time goes by, I'm not particularly worried about getting it (have had mild cases at least once, possibly twice ) so at this point have both natural and vax based immune response. But if a 10 sec shot saves me even two days of sniffles and a cough, I'm not passing up that trade.

• Like 2

I haven't thought much about another vaccination but will get one if the VA has the latest booster when I swing by to get a flu shot next week.   You don't hear about Covid much anymore, but in the last week, there were over 25,000 people in the country hospitalized for it.