Movies

On 2/7/2022 at 11:08 AM, John_Brian_K said:

I like stuff about space and have not read anything on this movie.  I will watch for sure.

$10 million in it's first weekend.   $140 million budget.    HALLE BERRY BOMBS AGAIN. 

I like space movies too, but ones that try for some sort of realism.  I thought Gravity tried to show it (not going to nitpick the fact that Sandy's hair doesn't float like Dr. Tyson did).   I thought The Martian was really well done.   Mission to Mars was stupid.   Gattica was sort of a space movie in a way and that's a possible future (with the whole genetics thing).   Interstellar tried to show something that could be real in a far fetched way, but I liked the effort.     Contact was thoughtful and more about human nature than about space, but I love that movie.   This one just looks stupid as hell.  

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a really good Ray Liotta movie that was shot in Detroit in 2001 called "Narc". It was a lower budget indie, so it didn't play in big megaplex theaters, so it wasn't successful, but it got good reviews and I'm not saying the movie is anywhere near GoodFellas, but I think Liotta's acting was better in Narc.   If you like gritty movies where the good guy/bad guy narrative is blurry, you'll love this movie.  It's really good.  

Saw Top Gun Maverick. Kinda cheesy in some parts but the action is amazing and I found myself tense several times. When news broke that they were making it, I was cynical and thought it would be terrible. It's not. It's definitely a theater movie. We saw it in a Phoenix theater where the chairs vibrated etc. Definitely worth that experience! My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 9:28 AM, Biff Mayhem said:

Saw Top Gun Maverick. Kinda cheesy in some parts but the action is amazing and I found myself tense several times. When news broke that they were making it, I was cynical and thought it would be terrible. It's not. It's definitely a theater movie. We saw it in a Phoenix theater where the chairs vibrated etc. Definitely worth that experience! My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Finally saw it today.  I really liked it, and agree you have to see this one in the theater…. 

worth subjecting yourself to the great unwashed masses. 🤪

• 1 month later...