Movies

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

yeah - "Blonde John Wick" was my exact thought when I saw the trailer for this.

Other than the extreme violence, it’s nothing like John Wick. It captures essences of Wick, Fight Club, Deadpool and Kill Bill. 

Some parts are so over the top that it’s hilarious. 

37 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Some parts are so over the top that it’s hilarious. 

So you thought it was funny unintentionally or it is supposed to be funny? I can't say I would have expected funny from the trailer but trailers often miss, and if course sometimes they haven't decided quite how to pitch a film when the 1st trailers come out.....

Edited by gehringer_2

6 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

So you thought it was funny unintentionally or it is supposed to be funny? I can't say I would have expected funny from the trailer but trailers often miss, and if course sometimes they haven't decided quite how to pitch a film when the 1st trailers come out.....

A little of both (I have a dark/twisted humor so maybe average Joe would not be as amused) but mostly supposed to be funny with some of the "weapons" that get used, some of the situations that develop and the cameo with Magic Mike is righteous. There is also a scene not long into the credits that caused my wife and I to laugh pretty hard.

I like the Deadpool funny in which the sarcasm and sight gags and every other gag is way off the frickin' charts and just leaves my sides aching....

Pitt can also be that way (to a much lesser degree) so I was expecting a minor stream of hilarious coming out of Pitt's mouth after seeing the trailer...

16 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

I like the Deadpool funny in which the sarcasm and sight gags and every other gag is way off the frickin' charts and just leaves my sides aching....

Pitt can also be that way (to a much lesser degree) so I was expecting a minor stream of hilarious coming out of Pitt's mouth after seeing the trailer...

Based on your post, I think you'll enjoy it.

22 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Saw Bullet Train today. It had everything I love about Tarantino, John Wick, Deadpool and Fight Club. 

Such a fun and twisted movie. Has two of the actors from Atlanta in it too. 

Rotten Tomatoes critics have it at 58 but the fan reviews are way higher. Trust the audience. 

Saw it today… 

I absolutely loved it. Freaking hilarious. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am honestly surprised they did not already do a BHC 4.  I am looking forward to it...I would think they should go a more serious route...not that the last ones were not serious, but they were a little more campy.  I would like a deeper dive into Axels life and add in a cop caper in the mix.  If done right I think could be really good.  If they just rinse and repeat the same type of story I would be disappointed.

• 1 month later...

It's scary movie month. 

You can take Freddie Kreuger, Leatherface, Chucky, Jason Voorheesm Pennywise - all of them and put them all behind Piper Laurie as Margaret White in "Carrie".   Some say Carry is the scary one.  She is not.  She is a sympathetic character.  It's Carrie's mom who is FAR scarier.    And all apologies to other actresses who have played the part, but none come close to Piper Laurie's take on it.  There is this inner rage in every frame she's in and the character so desperately tries to hide it, but it's there the whole time and it is scary as hell, especially when she smiles.   

How did Margaret White know they were all gonna laugh at Carrie?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...