2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

45 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Joe Sr deserves to be in the same bin as other isolationist fellow travelers of the nazis.  Joe Jr. died honorably in a high risk mission (of course he got a tv movie made about him for it).   JFK wrote the book "while England Slept" while he was in London with his Dad...an indicator that he was not a fan of what was happening in Europe.  He serves honorably and becomes a staunch opponent of Communism while in office.  

I've always noted that the worst offenders in the Kennedy clan appear to have embarrassed children about those offenses. 

This is amusing from the wikipedia article about "While England Slept"

Joseph Kennedy had initially approached Harold Laski to write the book's foreword, but Laski declined since he felt that it was "the book of an immature mind; that if it hadn't been written by the son of a very rich man, he wouldn't have found a publisher."[6]

51 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Is that a known or widely-speculated thing? I hadn’t heard that before but it wouldn’t surprise.

If the criticism of the book is that it was the work of a lesser author, that doesn't really hold up unless Joe Sr. was really bad at picking ghost writers.   I think JFK probably had a ton of help with it.   The fact that it puts out a muscular atlantic interventionist vision of foreign policy that is radically different from his fenian anglophobic and isolationist dad means that Dad didn't direct what was in it.  Unless the long con was a bigger deal to Joe Sr than any actual content. 

Edited by romad1

14 hours ago, chasfh said:

Is that a known or widely-speculated thing? I hadn’t heard that before but it wouldn’t surprise.

You know what. I am thinking of Profiles in Courage. He won the Pulitzer for that.  But his top speechwriter when he was president , Ted Sorensen said he wrote a lot of it.  

7 minutes ago, oblong said:

You know what. I am thinking of Profiles in Courage. He won the Pulitzer for that.  But his top speechwriter when he was president , Ted Sorensen said he wrote a lot of it.  

Ok, thanks. Even so, neither would surprise.

Bobby Kennedy would be horrified at his son right now.     Now his thing is COVID was invented to protect the Asians and Jews.      

I don't know, Bob,  but maybe Asians and Jews actually ****ing believe in science when it started happening they were more prepared and actually listened to doctors instead of coming up with idiotic garbage.    Who are your medical advisers, Bob - Jenny McCarthey and Gwenyth Paltrow?  

Biden, With Sluggish Small Donations, Waits for Liberal Energy to Rise

the party’s small donors have yet to step up their contributions.

The Biden campaign and the Biden Victory Fund, its joint fund-raising vehicle, collected $10.2 million from small donors — defined as those who gave $200 or less — during the three-month fund-raising period that ended June 30, according to a Federal Election Commission report filed Saturday. That figure is about half of the $21 million President Barack Obama’s campaign raised during the same period of his 2012 re-election effort.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/16/us/politics/biden-fundraising-2024.html

REVEALED: Jeffrey Epstein met with current Biden CIA Director, Obama White House attorney after sex crimes conviction

When she was employed at Latham & Watkins LLP she had a working relationship with Epstein who referred clients to her such as Bill Gates. Goldman Sachs denied that Ruemmler accompanied Epstein on those trips and told Fox News thata working relationship with Epstein

https://www.allsides.com/news/2023-05-01-1300/politics-revealed-jeffrey-epstein-met-current-biden-cia-director-obama-white