Biden's presidency

ewsieg

1 hour ago, Archie said:

Securing our border has nothing to do with racism. It is the first line of defense by Democrats though.

That’s what they said about blacks moving into the suburbs.  “It’s about crime not race”.  Wrong then.  Wrong now.  

4 hours ago, Archie said:

Biden doesn't have the cognitive skills now and he refuses to take to take a cognitive test for good reason.  Seems like he would since more than half the country does think he's fit for the office.  I don't think he's calling many of the shots now, if any at all.

You guys always complain about Biden's cognitive skills, but Trump said more dumb things than all the presidents in my lifetime combined.  He has never said anything of substance in 40 years.  All he does is ramble on about stuff like your drunken uncle.  Just because he has a big yap and does the fake tough guy routine, you guys think he's smart.  It boggles the mind.  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

... Trump said more dumb things than all the presidents in my lifetime combined.  He has never said anything of substance in 40 years.  All he does is ramble on about stuff like your drunken uncle.  Just because he has a big yap and does the fake tough guy routine, you guys think he's smart.  It boggles the mind.  

Simple pleasures for simple minds.

22 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

You guys always complain about Biden's cognitive skills, but Trump said more dumb things than all the presidents in my lifetime combined.  He has never said anything of substance in 40 years.  All he does is ramble on about stuff like your drunken uncle.  Just because he has a big yap and does the fake tough guy routine, you guys think he's smart.  It boggles the mind.  

I still think it’s the Queens accent. He has a lower-middle-class working-with-his-hands accent that people of modest education and means really respond to. If he had the same ideas and talked like Bill Buckley instead, then he’d be Bill Buckley redux.

40 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I still think it’s the Queens accent. He has a lower-middle-class working-with-his-hands accent that people of modest education and means really respond to. If he had the same ideas and talked like Bill Buckley instead, then he’d be Bill Buckley redux.

I find it really really hard thinking of him as "lower-middle-class-working-with-his-hands".  He probably hates people like that.  

40 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Sure, but he sounds like that, right?

He might now but it’s either a deliberate change or he’s gone nuts. He didn’t always talk like that.  In the 90’s he did indeed have a bit of that Buckley thing. He obviously wasn’t the wordsmith William was but he had a prep school kid thing going with his voice. 

1 hour ago, oblong said:

He might now but it’s either a deliberate change or he’s gone nuts. He didn’t always talk like that.  In the 90’s he did indeed have a bit of that Buckley thing. He obviously wasn’t the wordsmith William was but he had a prep school kid thing going with his voice. 

He sounds very different than he used to sound.  He also used to be coherent.  Shallow, but coherent.  

I do remember Trump from the 80s and 90s, and you can easily find examples of him from that time on video. He did seem to have a quieter demeanor, but then again, when he is interviewed one on one now, he's quieter. I think his people like the exaggerated shouting and haranguing he does when he's on stage, or when being interviewed by phone, like on OAN and Fox and AM radio; being on the phone tends to make people louder than when they are one on one with people. Maybe that's how the red hats are exposed to him, exclusively. Maybe it reminds them of the authoritarian figures in their own lives that were more common fifty or more years ago, and they respect and fear and admire that.

11 hours ago, chasfh said:

I do remember Trump from the 80s and 90s, and you can easily find examples of him from that time on video. He did seem to have a quieter demeanor, but then again, when he is interviewed one on one now, he's quieter. I think his people like the exaggerated shouting and haranguing he does when he's on stage, or when being interviewed by phone, like on OAN and Fox and AM radio; being on the phone tends to make people louder than when they are one on one with people. Maybe that's how the red hats are exposed to him, exclusively. Maybe it reminds them of the authoritarian figures in their own lives that were more common fifty or more years ago, and they respect and fear and admire that.

I think that is right.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/01/donald-trump-2016-authoritarian-213533/

14 hours ago, chasfh said:

Maybe it reminds them of the authoritarian figures in their own lives that were more common fifty or more years ago, and they respect and fear and admire that.

My dad's father used to beat the shit out of him and his two brothers. I don't mean spank with a firm hand or a belt. I mean pick them up by their necks, pin them against the wall, and punch them in the stomach kind of an ass kicking. Knock them off their chairs at the kitchen table because they didn't finish their peas kind of abuse. So I'm 100% sure the abusive childhood, intermixed with the fact that their own mother abandon them and having to kill people in Vietnam, is why my dad is the racist, intolerant Trump supporter he is. I've had a theory that a fair percentage of Trump supporters (I couldn't give you a specific percentage, but I'd guess over 30-35%) have lived or do live miserable lives. People who grew up in chaotic environments, like my dad, and are damaged socially and emotionally as a result. There for, they are miserable and want others to feel as miserable as they are feeling. Their own insecurities and trauma are cast upon others, as if humanity society abandon them when they needed help the most and there for everyone should feel their scorn.

In reality, a candidate like Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, or any far-left Democrat would be the best for them given the policies they support. A social democracy, with generous public assistance programs, robust services, and efficient government agencies would best help these people out. It may have helped to stop or limit the trauma they experienced growing up because these agencies or services could have stepped in to help. Instead though, they vote for candidates like Trump, Paul Ryam, Majorie Taylor Greene, Mitch McConnell, and others who want to gut social welfare programs and dismantle agencies built to provide helpful social services. So it becomes a downward spiral with few resources and people who are able to step in and change their circumstances.

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

My dad's father used to beat the shit out of him and his two brothers. I don't mean spank with a firm hand or a belt. I mean pick them up by their necks, pin them against the wall, and punch them in the stomach kind of an ass kicking. Knock them off their chairs at the kitchen table because they didn't finish their peas kind of abuse. So I'm 100% sure the abusive childhood, intermixed with the fact that their own mother abandon them and having to kill people in Vietnam, is why my dad is the racist, intolerant Trump supporter he is. I've had a theory that a fair percentage of Trump supporters (I couldn't give you a specific percentage, but I'd guess over 30-35%) have lived or do live miserable lives. People who grew up in chaotic environments, like my dad, and are damaged socially and emotionally as a result. There for, they are miserable and want others to feel as miserable as they are feeling. Their own insecurities and trauma are cast upon others, as if humanity society abandon them when they needed help the most and there for everyone should feel their scorn.

In reality, a candidate like Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, or any far-left Democrat would be the best for them given the policies they support. A social democracy, with generous public assistance programs, robust services, and efficient government agencies would best help these people out. It may have helped to stop or limit the trauma they experienced growing up because these agencies or services could have stepped in to help. Instead though, they vote for candidates like Trump, Paul Ryam, Majorie Taylor Greene, Mitch McConnell, and others who want to gut social welfare programs and dismantle agencies built to provide helpful social services. So it becomes a downward spiral with few resources and people who are able to step in and change their circumstances.

Have you ever heard the old saw, "living well is the best revenge"? I think that's related to all this. All you have to do for a lot of those folks to hate you is to appear to be living well.

That doesn't apply to Trump himself, of course—he was appointed by Jesus to save America from the others who live do well, as well as from their Antifa/BLM foot soldiers. Or something like that. Maybe Bunker can clarify.

But yeah, I agree with you here for the most part.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Putin heard Biden loud and clear today as this article states.  Biden's talk about removing Putin is going to create a lot of problems and could get us in WWIII.  We need a regime change in the US as much as Russia before Biden does anymore damage.   He should of had a cognitive test a long time ago but couldn't take one since he most likely wouldn't pass.   Harris is a disaster on her own but could follow orders better than dementia Joe.  The last thing the US needs is Biden traveling around the world talking to foreign leaders and the press.  God only knows what will come out of his mouth.   I knew the Biden Presidency would be bad but this 100 times worse then even I thought.

With the White House having to take back Biden's comments who the hell is the POTUS anyway.  Biden has told us many times he is following orders but from who?  Don't we deserve to know who the puppet master is?

https://news.yahoo.com/putin-heard-apos-loud-clear-212040393.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

2 minutes ago, Archie said:

I think Putin heard Biden loud and clear today as this article states.  Biden's talk about removing Putin is going to create a lot of problems and could get us in WWIII.  We need a regime change in the US as much as Russia before Biden does anymore damage.   He should of had a cognitive test a long time ago but couldn't take one since he most likely wouldn't pass.   Harris is a disaster on her own but could follow orders better than dementia Joe.  The last thing the US needs is Biden traveling around the world talking to foreign leaders and the press.  God only knows what will come out of his mouth.   I knew the Biden Presidency would be bad but this 100 times worse then even I thought.

With the White House having to take back Biden's comments who the hell is the POTUS anyway.  Biden has told us many times he is following orders but from who?  Don't we deserve to know who the puppet master is?

https://news.yahoo.com/putin-heard-apos-loud-clear-212040393.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Why are you so afraid of Vladimir Putin? 

Your philosophy seems really weak and beta, tbh

6 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Why are you so afraid of Vladimir Putin? 

Your philosophy seems really weak and beta, tbh

Why would I be afraid of Putin or anyone else for that matter?  I just don't want to see us get into a needless war and a whole lot of Americans die because an old man with cognitive problems said the wrong thing.  POTUS is the most powerful person in the world and the most important job.  It needs a person in that position that is 100% even if I don't agree with political opinions.  Hopefully after this term, if the country still exists, a cognitive test will be a requirement of POTUS.

14 minutes ago, Archie said:

Why would I be afraid of Putin or anyone else for that matter?  I just don't want to see us get into a needless war and a whole lot of Americans die because an old man with cognitive problems said the wrong thing.  POTUS is the most powerful person in the world and the most important job.  It needs a person in that position that is 100% even if I don't agree with political opinions.  Hopefully after this term, if the country still exists, a cognitive test will be a requirement of POTUS.

We aren't going to war. You can quote me on that. The President saying something that 80+% of the world agrees with and something I've heard versions of in my everyday life isn't going to change that.

The fact that you think a quip like that would instigate that, however, really projects weakness. Maybe grow a spine and stop treating Vladimir Putin as being impregnable. 

Edited by mtutiger

Weakness is projected by our President.  I've plenty of spine so don't worry about me.  If we are going to war it should be for a good reason.  Not because someone said something wrong.   I would like to know if his comments were on his teleprompter or he went rambling off script. 

9 minutes ago, Archie said:

Weakness is projected by our President.  

I would define weakness as being deathly scared that Joe Biden saying something that 80% of the world (and most world leaders) agree with as being something that would start World War III.

I'll leave it at that... saying "Joe Biden is weak" over and over again while providing no arguments in favor of your hypothesis is not convincing.

What is pretty convincing, however, is the idea that one can talk about strength while protecting weakness... which seems well summed up by someone who lives in the most powerful country in the world projecting fear of the actions of a second rate dictator who has completely FUBAR'd the invasion of a country 1/3rd it's size.

You can talk a good game... but that's all it is, talk.

Edited by mtutiger

2 hours ago, Archie said:

Biden didn't say anything about removing Putin. 

Keep on lyin