Biden's presidency

ewsieg

4 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

🤣

Another Qservative media fail...

But a review of clearer video from the ceremony makes it clear no mistake was made. While one recipient was given his medal framed, Biden fastened the three other medals around each recipient’s neck, fastening them at the back of the neck with the medal extending down on the chest.

AP images of the moment the medal was placed around Birdwell’s neck also show that Biden positioned it properly.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-biden-medal-of-honor-video-439374153701

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

Another Qservative media fail...

But a review of clearer video from the ceremony makes it clear no mistake was made. While one recipient was given his medal framed, Biden fastened the three other medals around each recipient’s neck, fastening them at the back of the neck with the medal extending down on the chest.

AP images of the moment the medal was placed around Birdwell’s neck also show that Biden positioned it properly.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-biden-medal-of-honor-video-439374153701

As always, it's not enough to simply disagree with the man's politics. They gotta make up fake controversy

I'm not sure how I feel about the "vote, vote, vote, vote" to codify Roe part.

Red hats love to hate Biden, so if Biden proactively injects himself into campaign messaging for 2022, citing Roe in particular, that might provide even more energy for people to leave the house and vote Republican, whereas if he would stay out of that part, it might lull the red hats to stay home and hang out on their laurels.

IOW, a continuing entreaty by Biden on Roe might end up motivating as many/more Republicans to vote as/than Democrats.

Edited by chasfh

Is the point to help people who need the help now with regard to medical care or electoral strategy?  If it’s the latter then it’s kind of cynical. Women in these backwards states will be hurting and dying.  

at this point I hate to say it but what happens next is totally in the hands of pro choice people.  If they vote in the numbers that polls suggest then getting it into law should be easy.  There’s enough open seats in the senate to do what’s needed this mid term. More people are in favor of choice than the red hats. 

18 hours ago, oblong said:

Is the point to help people who need the help now with regard to medical care or electoral strategy?  If it’s the latter then it’s kind of cynical. Women in these backwards states will be hurting and dying.  

at this point I hate to say it but what happens next is totally in the hands of pro choice people.  If they vote in the numbers that polls suggest then getting it into law should be easy.  There’s enough open seats in the senate to do what’s needed this mid term. More people are in favor of choice than the red hats. 

Even if Congress passes a national abortion law, what’s to keep this court from overturning it as an unconstitutional infringement of states’ rights?

36 minutes ago, oblong said:

I thought their argument was that it wasn’t something that was federally done in the first place?  That the court just made it up? I’m ignorant of the details though.  

The arg was the court made up the right. The feds can still pretty much legislate about whatever they want. Of course, I suppose Thomas and Alito wouldn’t mind tossing the ICC clause and just ended the Federal gov altogether.  At least that would be one way of getting rid of them as well. 

7 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Old Joe's doing a stellar job.  He has manage to unseat Jimmy Carter as the worst POTUS in modern times.  Unfortunately its all of us who are paying for his and the democrats ability to run the country.  The country will be lost if they democrats manage to hold the House and Senate in November.

13 minutes ago, Archie said:

Old Joe's doing a stellar job.  He has manage to unseat Jimmy Carter as the worst POTUS in modern times.  Unfortunately its all of us who are paying for his and the democrats ability to run the country.  The country will be lost if they democrats manage to hold the House and Senate in November.

Joe is doing a terrible job.   He’s not doing very much and he’s a terrible communicator when asked to talk about the little that he’s doing.   His lack of leadership in response to Roe has been disappointing to many Democrats.    

All of this said, he’s much better than the criminal con man that held the office prior.    It’s not even close.   

McConnell held a Supreme Court seat hostage for 9 months. Hillary literally told us Roe was on the ballot. Progressives never cared about the Supreme Court until we are faced with the consequences and now they want Biden to "do something" as if a president can just overturn a Supreme Court decision. 

12 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Joe is doing a terrible job.   He’s not doing very much and he’s a terrible communicator when asked to talk about the little that he’s doing.   His lack of leadership in response to Roe has been disappointing to many Democrats.    

All of this said, he’s much better than the criminal con man that held the office prior.    It’s not even close.   

Yes, Biden has been a weak President within the parameters of a normal presidency.  Trump belongs in a whole different category of awful.   

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

McConnell held a Supreme Court seat hostage for 9 months. Hillary literally told us Roe was on the ballot. Progressives never cared about the Supreme Court until we are faced with the consequences and now they want Biden to "do something" as if a president can just overturn a Supreme Court decision. 

I am long way to the right of woke progressive but still left and I want him to do something.   Lead and do something.  He has done nothing.   Work on the filibuster, work on stacking the court, work on codifying Roe.    Many options out there to try.  If the left are ok with his status quo then I fear we are doomed for President DeSantis or even worse Trump again.

Edited by Hongbit

5 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I am long way to the right of woke progressive but still left and I want him to do something.   Lead and do something.  He has done nothing.   Work on the filibuster, work on stacking the court, work on codifying Roe.    Many options out there to try.  If the left are ok with his status quo then I fear we are doomed for President DeSantis or even worse Trump again.

I'm iffy on the fillibuster and definitely don't want stacking of the court.  Biden, more than anyone knows about slow incremental change though, which is why his presidency has been even more infuriating to me.

Whip up the party to put a bill up that will codify limited abortion rights that will get Manchin on board (shows unity) and gets likely the minimum GOP votes, Murkowski and Collins.  Even if it doesn't pass, you're showing folks what they will get if they continue to vote for you.  This would be critical for your purple states.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Joe Biden accomplished the one thing I care the most about: he wrested the presidency away from that loud-mouthed criminal fascist.

Not sure that was an accomplishment, though. Joe Biden was the default, less bad than TFG.

I think TFG won Biden's election for him. "Anyone But Trump" was a sizeable chunk of Biden's winning majority, I suspect.

4 hours ago, Archie said:

2003-04-30T110000Z_461376678_RP4DRHZUMBA

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

10 minutes ago, Netnerd said:

Not sure that was an accomplishment, though. Joe Biden was the default, less bad than TFG.

I think TFG won Biden's election for him. "Anyone But Trump" was a sizeable chunk of Biden's winning majority, I suspect.

I would have voted for a cockroach over Trump.  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

You are aware that the president doesn't control the filibuster? That Biden has called for a carve out of the filibuster? What exactly is he suppose to work on? How does he compel a senator from West Virginia where Trump won by 30 to carve out the filibuster? 267 out of 269 Democrats in the house and senate voted to codify Roe. That simply isn't enough votes. Biden has said they need more votes. People don't want to hear that. What's going to happen is this circular firing squad on Democrats by Democrats is going to lead to Republicans controlling all three branches. It happened in 2016 and it's going to happen in 2024. 

28 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

You are aware that the president doesn't control the filibuster? That Biden has called for a carve out of the filibuster? What exactly is he suppose to work on? How does he compel a senator from West Virginia where Trump won by 30 to carve out the filibuster? 267 out of 269 Democrats in the house and senate voted to codify Roe. That simply isn't enough votes. Biden has said they need more votes. People don't want to hear that. What's going to happen is this circular firing squad on Democrats by Democrats is going to lead to Republicans controlling all three branches. It happened in 2016 and it's going to happen in 2024. 

You are right.  He should do nothing as the leader and face of the party.   The future of the democracy is on the line and throwing his hands up is the only move.   Nothing can be done and even better, let’s blame the problem on Hillary as you suggested earlier.  That will work.   

17 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

You are right.  He should do nothing as the leader and face of the party.   The future of the democracy is on the line and throwing his hands up is the only move.   Nothing can be done and even better, let’s blame the problem on Hillary as you suggested earlier.  That will work.   

Ah yes, more of the OMG do something. Republicans got Roe overturned because they won elections and stayed focus. It took decades and 6 years after Trump first got elected. The answer is to elect more Democrats who support codifying Roe and craving out the filibuster. What is the president suppose to do? As a white male I say fuck it let the Republicans win. It affects me less than others. 

I didn't blame Hilary. I blame all the entitled Democrats who threw a temper tantrum and didn't vote in 2016. They didn't take the Supreme Court seriously and now that we are faced with the consequences it's just do something.

37 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Ah yes, more of the OMG do something. Republicans got Roe overturned because they won elections and stayed focus. It took decades and 6 years after Trump first got elected. The answer is to elect more Democrats who support codifying Roe and craving out the filibuster. What is the president suppose to do? As a white male I say fuck it let the Republicans win. It affects me less than others. 

I didn't blame Hilary. I blame all the entitled Democrats who threw a temper tantrum and didn't vote in 2016. They didn't take the Supreme Court seriously and now that we are faced with the consequences it's just do something.

If Democrats didn't vote in 2016, why did Cinton get the more votes in 2016 than Obama got in 2012?