Biden's presidency

ewsieg

3 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

I just want the guy who makes the best decisions for this country.

Not for a White Trash Bigoted/Fascist base only.

If Biden is that guy, please let us know when he starts making those "best" decisions for the country. So far I can't think of one. All of them have hurt the country and us.

The debate about vigor really doesn't enter into this discussion for me.... this aggression is happening because Putin set it into motion. He's the responsible party. Not everything that happens in the world revolves around Americans and whatever domestic political hobby horses they care about.

As far as Earth 2.0 is concerned, as has been mentioned numerous times when it has been brought up (and ignored by some posters), Donald Trump was the President who thought so much about Ukrainian self-determination that he blackmailed Ukraine by withholding funding for Javelins and also the President who seemed on a mission to take out NATO, the only thing sitting between Russia and Eastern Europe.

So yeah, color me skeptical that Putin wouldn't have invaded.... if anything he would have invaded because the ground would have been softer for an invasion assuming that the US would have been pulled out of NATO.

Edited by mtutiger

1 minute ago, Tiger337 said:

I want a populist demagogue who tries to cover his insecurities by pretending to be a tough guy.  

Who then tries to overthrow the Constitution of the United States. Our Democracy.

And whose supporters still love him anyways. Maybe even because (all) of the above...

3 minutes ago, Archie said:

If Biden is that guy, please let us know when he starts making those "best" decisions for the country. So far I can't think of one. All of them have hurt the country and us.

That's because you wear glasses that only allow you to see one thing.

And one thing only.

You are blinded. Completely.

To partisan hackery. 

Completely unable to honestly see anything except what you want to see... which is a very dishonest way of living/ discussing anything.

45 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

spacer.png

This is the price of gas adjusted for inflation and average miles per gallon of automobiles.  

Opinion: The price of gasoline isn't really at a record high. In fact, the inflation-adjusted cost of driving a mile was higher for most of the past century - MarketWatch

So, it's going up, but it's been a lot worse in the past.  

Thats interesting, does it reflect the cost of diesel?

1 minute ago, 1984Echoes said:

That's because you wear glasses that only allow you to see one thing.

And one thing only.

You are blinded. Completely.

To partisan hackery. 

Completely unable to honestly see anything except what you want to see... which is a very dishonest way of living/ discussing anything.

That's funny coming from a guy thats obsessed with and blinded by Donald J. Trump.

Trump is scum. Pure scum.

Outside of Trump, my political views are closely aligned with Teddy Roosevelt Republicanism, FDR Democrat, Abraham Lincoln Republican (preservation of the Union, anti-slavery), Reagan military alignment, Fed Reserve conservatism (1st priority control inflation, 2nd priority facilitate maximum employment), collective security (NATO) and globalist economy (TPP, NAFTA, lower trade barriers, and conversely "trade" or "tariff" wars are asinine), Democratic centrist, invest in domestic infrastructure and future leading industries to the benefit of American Economic leadership in the world, atheist or strict separation of church & state, fiercely Independent...

There's not a whole lot of partisan hackery in there.

More closely aligned with "make the best decision for the American people/ future" than anything else.

But if you want to try to find some partisan hackery in there... go for it.

Let me put this a different way:

I voted for Bush in 2004. After voting for Gore in 2000. Knowing that Bush was full of it with Iraq's "WMD's" and that he and his leadership team (specifically Cheney & Rumsfeld) were making total hash of Iraq on-the-ground (Sunni & Shia were in full civil war at the time...) and also that it was asinine to even be in Iraq if we were serious about going after Bin Laden and dismantling his terrorist network.

So Archie, why would I have voted for Bush in 2004?

Bunker is an unserious troll, but I know it's fun to engage him sometimes, so I'ma do that here.

1 hour ago, Archie said:

I still believe if we had a strong and healthy POTUS (dem or rep), this invasion wouldn't have happened.  This invasion is not only Putin going after Ukraine as it is him and his buddy Xi giving a big FU to the US. The US is being tested because of Biden.

Biden, Zelenskyy, and the Allies are winning the world's approval. Putin and Russia are losing and have become a pariah state. Even China is treading carefully here.

1 hour ago, Archie said:

I said before that I beleive Condi Rice is calling the shots behind the scenes, which makes sense and actually makes me feel better.  While I don't agree with her politics she is not a dummy. Biden is probably sitting on the couch with an ice cream cone watching cartoons.

You misspelled "Trump" at the end there.

1 hour ago, Archie said:

As for the economy, inflation and gas prices have been increasing  since Biden took office. His/Democrat/Squad policies are mostly responsible for that. If we were an energy independant country then we wouldn't be buying oil from Russia in the first place.

Hey, here's something Biden did something Trump didn't do: ban Russian oil! Why didn't Trump do that?

Also not for nothing, you still haven't answered my thrice-asked question about what specific actions you think any American President, no matter who that might be, could have taken to effectively prevent Putin from invading Ukraine and avoiding war. So how about? Fourth time's a charm, hey, товарищ?

34 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Biden, Zelenskyy, and the Allies are winning the world's approval. Putin and Russia are losing and have become a pariah state. Even China is treading carefully here.

To this end, would Archie consider it a failure if Putin ended up falling on account of this invasion?

Like, in his telling, Putin wouldn't have invaded if Trump were still POTUS (debatable for the reasons I've laid out a number of times, but for arguments sake) and, by extension, would still be firmly in power, acting as a malignant force in the world.

Versus now where we are united with allies in a way we haven't before... where Germany (of all countries) is talking about spending 2% of GDP on self defense.

The situation that is unfolding in Ukraine is terrible, but I dont know how it could be better handled. And it's a situation where Putin's overreach has changed the dynamics in a way that benefits us more than it hurts us... so much so that there's now at least a nonzero chance his grip ain't solid.

38 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

I was thinking more along the lines of explanation with the possibility of opening up doors/ mind...

Probably no chance of that but.. just thought I would give it a try...

I used to think you were a gruff old cranky man. I really respect your thoughts and you seem to be dead on as well. I guess you won me over!

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Also not for nothing, you still haven't answered my thrice-asked question about what specific actions you think any American President, no matter who that might be, could have taken to effectively prevent Putin from invading Ukraine and avoiding war. So how about? Fourth time's a charm, hey, товарищ?

Talk like a tough guy on twitter.  That is really all it takes to make psychopath dictators cower into a corner.  

3 hours ago, Archie said:

I still believe if we had a strong and healthy POTUS (dem or rep), this invasion wouldn't have happened. 

putin invaded because of alleged nazis running the ukrainian government and said so.  WTF are you even talking about?

The EU and USA have for several years spoken of getting tougher on China's cheating/ theft/ economic under-handed tactics...

So of course I can see China pushing for a wedge between the US and EU countries.

The question I have is... if China is seeing attempts against their country's tactics - disjointed at times but, definitely anti-China, including a concerted effort by SE Asian countries and Australia/ Japan/ S Korea/ Canada/ USA/ Mexico to create a block-agreement under the TPP to thwart Chinese practices (that Trump idiotically got out of & then a year later begged to get back in after he realized what the agreement actually did...) - and is now seeing the effect of a threat of danger against the NATO alliance (EU & North American countries) by way of Russia's invasion of Ukraine...

... At what point does Xi Jinping consider a tactical change for China towards a more partnership-of-equals approach instead of a China-is-going-to-replace the USA and dominate-the world approach?

Or will they ever even consider such a change in tact?