Biden's presidency

ewsieg

So, just for kicks, after the speech last night, I went to Overthrow America Network to see what they had to say about it. Besides three studio pundits, they had two staff on site, out in the hall outside chambers, and one of them is that Kremlin Kutie Trump's people liked to call on during WH press conferences last go round.

First critique that came out of Kremlin Kutie's mouths, I swear, was that Joe Biden couldn't tell the Ukrainians from the Iranians. That right there signals that it is a very unserious, quite incompetent organization we're dealing with here.

Then, not a minute later, halfway through a sentence, KK totally spaces out, and she and her partner sit in awkward silence for at least five, maybe ten seconds before her partner fumbles through a completion of what he thinks might be the intellectually bankrupt idea she was trying to put across before she started buffering.

At this point I thought, holy shit, millions of people with votes in America are having all their thinking handed to them by these morons.

God help us all.

6 minutes ago, chasfh said:

First critique that came out of Kremlin Kutie's mouths, I swear, was that Joe Biden couldn't tell the Ukrainians from the Iranians. That right there signals that it is a very unserious, quite incompetent organization we're dealing with here.

Projection

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

God help us all.

I could not agree more with those four words. I say that in the most bipartisan spirit I can muster. And right now, we need to find as much common ground as possible. 

But for the sake of conversation, and I’m serious…has the thought of Kamala Harris having to assume the presidency in a situation like this crossed your mind? I DO NOT ask this as some come back to your comments. My concerns about her being the #1 have been out there for a year now. She is not even close to being prepared for the job under the circumstances we’re dealing with now. Am I wrong on this? 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, 1776 said:

I could not agree more with those four words. I say that in the most bipartisan spirit I can muster. And right now, we need to find as much common ground as possible. 

But for the sake of conversation, and I’m serious…has the thought of Kamala Harris having to assume the presidency in a situation like this crossed your mind? I DO NOT ask this as some come back to your comments. My concerns about her being the #1 have been out there for a year now. She is not even close to being prepared for the job under the circumstances we’re dealing with now. Am I wrong on this? 

This question, after our suffering through four years of the most incompetent, dangerous, megalomaniac president in history.

As long as Harris would have Biden’s people still around her, I wouldn’t worry much about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, chasfh said:

This question, after our suffering through four years of the most incompetent, dangerous, megalomaniac president in history.

As long as Harris would have Biden’s people still around her, I wouldn’t worry much about it. 

Agreed, Harris would have to make a decision based on 2-3 alternating views made by experts in their fields.  Even if she consistently made the worse choice, it would still have some merit.  Even for the few experts in their fields that were able to get within earshot of Trump, they had to compete with uninformed choices from Trump friends/family along with Trump's own 'why don't we just say fuck it, that'll be good for ratings' mentality.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Unless the field for the 2024 presidency changes substantially, my only concern is Trump re-assuming the presidency.  I am not enamored by Democratic leadership, but I trust they'll let the miltary experts inform them as to the best course of action.  I can't trust the former guy to do that.  He'll just make it all about himself.   

2 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Agreed, Harris would have to make a decision based on 2-3 alternating views made by experts in their fields.  Even if she consistently made the worse choice, it would still have some merit.  Even for the few experts in their fields that were able to get within earshot of Trump, they had to compete with uninformed choices from Trump friends/family along with Trump's own 'why don't we just say fuck it, that'll be good for ratings' mentality.  

Also, another big difference is that Biden staffed his office with technocrats who typically have decades of experience in government, while tfg installed incompetent outsider kleptocrats whose sole purpose was to plunder the government they are on record as despising. 

1 hour ago, 1776 said:

I think on a purely qualifications comparison, she's more qualified than both Trump and Obama were.

Judgement is probably more debatable when compared to Obama.   Much better judgement than Trump obviously.

Edited by pfife

38 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Unless the field for the 2024 presidency changes substantially, my only concern is Trump re-assuming the presidency.  I am not enamored by Democratic leadership, but I trust they'll let the miltary experts inform them as to the best course of action.  I can't trust the former guy to do that.  He'll just make it all about himself.   

I pretty much posted this same sentiment on another political board elsewhere.

31 minutes ago, 1776 said:

I pretty much posted this same sentiment on another political board elsewhere.

I think Trump listened to advice during his time in office on military and defense issues. At least some of the time. The best example of this is when he turned back the planes that were headed to strike Iran.  Someone convinced him it was best not to bomb Iran. I don't think he did that on his own.

He was convinced because either Jared or Ivanka or other free loading crony got something out of it like a loan extension, patent, or some other nonsense.

Not one decision made by that admin was done with the interests of the American people in mind.  There was always something in it for them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1776 said:

Yes you are wrong on this. 

3 minutes ago, oblong said:

He was convinced because either Jared or Ivanka or other free loading crony got something out of it like a loan extension, patent, or some other nonsense.

Not one decision made by that admin was done with the interests of the American people in mind.  There was always something in it for them.

You must be thinking about Joe and his boy.  Going to war with Iran would be almost as bad as going to war with Russia.  Putin may be evil but Iran is far worse.  We will find out how bad they are if Biden gives them another infusion of cash and allows them to get nukes in a deal like Obama did for them. I've heard they may be getting close to a new deal.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Yes you are wrong on this. 

I think you're wrong on this. At best Harris is a dolt. It will be a death sentence for the US if Harris is a war time president or a president at all.  Biden is bad enough but I assume Condi Rice is currently calling the shots since Biden doesnt have the capability.

1 hour ago, pfife said:

I think on a purely qualifications comparison, she's more qualified than both Trump and Obama were.

Judgement is probably more debatable when compared to Obama.   Much better judgement than Trump obviously.

I think the issue with Harris is not her administrative capabilities as much as her political ones - can she herd the cats that a president needs to herd to get anything done legislatively.

6 minutes ago, Archie said:

I think you're wrong on this. At best Harris is a dolt. It will be a death sentence for the US if Harris is a war time president or a president at all.  Biden is bad enough but I assume Condi Rice is currently calling the shots since Biden doesnt have the capability.

No one who supports a cretin like Trump has any right to call someone else a dolt. Donald Trump literally had to pay a proxy to take his college exams for him he's such a maroon. The guy drew on a weather map with a sharpie and asked about injecting bleach into your body to combat Covid. His own Secretary of State Rex Tillerson called him a fucking moron. The guy is the King of the Clods.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

No one who supports a cretin like Trump has any right to call someone else a dolt. Donald Trump literally had to pay a proxy to take his college exams for him he's such a maroon. The guy drew on a weather map with a sharpie and asked about injecting bleach into your body to combat Covid. His own Secretary of State Rex Tillerson called him a fucking moron. The guy is the King of the Clods.

spot on Tater.

My SOTU thoughts

- Boebert is such a waste of a person.

- Not just his words, but the unified solidarity from both parties in regards to Ukraine was refreshing.

- As he got into the domestic side, he really had trouble getting his ideas/speech out.

- When deciding on how to deal with inflation, i'm glad he's going to choose to focus on lowering costs rather than lowering income for everyone.

- Fund the police, can't get more in your face towards the part of the party most America's have problems with.  

- Strategic reserves being used.  It's a drop in the bucket.  Would have preferred a call to produce more gas/oil while explaining why it's required in this time now.  Politically that could have caused a riff as the GOP would have focused on reopening Keystone and that wouldn't play out well on the left.  More interested in what the upcoming actions of Biden are here than simply what he said in his speech.

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

I think the issue with Harris is not her administrative capabilities as much as her political ones - can she herd the cats that a president needs to herd to get anything done legislatively.

I think if I remember correctly that was something Obama was criticized for as well.

Trump was terrible on this front too.   

So it feels to me she's in the neighborhood on that w/ recent presidential precedence 

Here is a perfect, recent example of just how fucking dim Donald Trump really is. He is being interviewed by another noted intellectual of the right, Fox News 10pm host Laura Ingram right after Russia started the invasion. In the second video, he goes rambling on about the Untied States Military launching an amphibious attack against Russia and Russian Armed Forces. Just watch the second video clip in full context.

"You shouldn't be saying that, because you and everybody else shouldn't know about," Trump continued. "They should do that secretly, not be doing that through the great Laura Ingraham." - Donald J. Trump

"No, those are the Russians," Ingraham replied.

"Oh, I thought you said that we were sending people in," Trump said. "That'll be next."

Let's parse this out for two seconds. Donald Trump misunderstood what Laura Ingram was saying and thought she said that the United States government launched an amphibious attack on Russia. Ok, lots of people misunderstand things on phone calls, voice messages, in regular face-to-face conversations, on Zoom calls, etc. Misunderstanding what someone said is a part of life and it genuinely happens to all of us. But for a guy who was Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces to misunderstand that the US Military launched a preemptive,  amphibious attack on Russia and Russian Armed Forces is mind-numbingly stupid.

Think about the global situation we'd be in if Joe Biden and US Military personnel just decided to launch an amphibious attack on Russian and their troops. Think about the chaos that would plunge the world into. Think about the anger and outrage at home Joe Biden would have to face from leaders in Washington on both sides of the aisle, from the media, and most of all from the American people. That kind of a pre-emptive strike would literally be globe-changing news on a scale greater than Russian invasion of Ukraine already was.

Any smart, rational, intelligent person would have stopped themselves before they said something so stupid or would have at least went after the fact and said something to the effect of "oh yeah, that wouldn't make any sense, why would American launch an Amphibious attack." It is my contention that Trump didn't do that because he is as dim as they come.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

3 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Not for nothing, Trump's sons' nicknames in school were "Stank" and "Choad". Apple-tree proverb applies here.