Biden's presidency

ewsieg

2 hours ago, buddha said:

biden is underwater in approval/disapproval ratings.  he's very underwater with non-college voters.  i think people see covid and inflation and equate those concerns with biden.  

if covid dissipates this summer and inflation starts to go down, we should see his numbers go up.  if not, look out below democrats.

Yes, every president gets blamed when things are going bad for the country regardless of fault.  I doln't think there is much chance he would win re-election right now.  

4 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

The Fed should have stop easing the minute the $1400 checks went out. Bernanke's whole excuse for QE was the refusal of the Federal Gov to do the fiscal stimulus as needed. Once Biden was elected and it was clear that fiscal stimulus was back on the menu, the Fed should have been done. The 6-9 mos lost waiting to see the inflation they could have predicted just means they will have to correct harder. And you are correct, it's because the FED is in thrall to Wall Street.

I'll admit I'm not the smartest about this stuff but it's my understanding they've been doing this since the great recession, non-stop.   They could have stopped for quite a while and never did.   Is there a cumulative effect?   I feel like the Bidenbucks are like pittance compared to what the fed has been doing.

3 hours ago, Archie said:

Biden and the dems are killing us.  This link shows what they doing for the illegals crossing the border.  I know none of you like Fox News but the liberal media won't report on it to protect their party.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/video-westchester-new-york-migrants-night-contractors

Tucker Carlson is a worthless shill for MAGA.  There is no reason to even watch the video.  

2 hours ago, pfife said:

I'll admit I'm not the smartest about this stuff but it's my understanding they've been doing this since the great recession, non-stop.   They could have stopped for quite a while and never did.   Is there a cumulative effect?   I feel like the Bidenbucks are like pittance compared to what the fed has been doing.

I think fiscal dollars generate more velocity so I don’t think you get exactly a one -to-one correspondence 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I think fiscal dollars generate more velocity so I don’t think you get exactly a one -to-one correspondence 

I think that that is true.  QE makes more money available for bank loans, but not every individual or corporation wants to borrow more money from a bank.  A $1400 payment to an individual will probably churn through the retail economy multiple times.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pfife said:

It seems like they should have done this a long time ago.  They did start raising interest rates in 2018, but Trump intimidated them into dropping them again further kicking the can down the road. .   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

It seems like they should have done this a long time ago.  They did start raising interest rates in 2018, but Trump intimidated them into dropping them again further kicking the can down the road. .   

I think they bought bonds all throughout that time as well.  

I was listening to NPR, which is super biased as shown by that GOP-commissioned study that found it was not biased, and I heard a story about the highest inflation in Singapore in a decade.  It's probably because they're biased, as the study didn't show, but I didn't hear any blame for Biden's government spending in causing the inflation in Singapore.   

38 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

The Clintons were seen at that site a month ago.   That is not a coincidence.   

The Clintons? So 2016. It was Hunter Biden along with the Ukraichinese. Try to keep up. Don't ask me how I know, just Google it, lazy bones.

Edited by chasfh

47 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

The Clintons were seen at that site a month ago.   That is not a coincidence.   

It wasn't the Clintons.  If it was a bridge and cars in the water it must be Ted Kennedy.  We will know for sure if Hillary has the suicide note.