Biden's presidency

ewsieg

1 minute ago, Archie said:

Doocy never said he apologized even when asked directly. He said Biden told him its nothing personal. Of course its personal.

Who cares if he did or not? Trump was the biggest jackwagon of a president we ever had. He treated people like dirt... I appreciate Biden showing he is human. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JayB said:

Orange man did it all the time. He's terrible. Brandon does and its fine, cause Orange man did it. How many mulligans does Brandon get till its not fine?

And here's another newbie using his first post on a sports-first forum to come in hot in the politics section.

1 hour ago, JayB said:

Orange man did it all the time. He's terrible. Brandon does and its fine, cause Orange man did it. How many mulligans does Brandon get till its not fine?

Orange Man does it all the time and it's fine.  Brandon does it once and apologizes and he's terrible.   How many standards you hold others to that you do not hold yourself to?

23 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Who cares if he did or not? Trump was the biggest jackwagon of a president we ever had. He treated people like dirt... I appreciate Biden showing he is human. 

A couple of things: Biden was clearly in the wrong here. I know a lot of liberals will say he was right (and yeah, it was a dumb question), but he shouldn't have called him an SOB. Presidents should stay above that kinda stuff, although like anyone under pressure, they can slip or make mistakes.

But also, if the immediate reaction to an apology is that the apology doesn't matter and both sides are the same, doesn't that just provide incentives for public figures to just act like bigger and bigger jackwagons and double down going forward?

Edited by mtutiger

And regarding the "Orange Man did it too" comment.... One thing "Orange Man" didn't do after any of his comments is show any interest in apologizing. Biden did, as any adult would do.

Second, when Biden talks about "shithole" countries or tells an Asian reporter to "ask China" in response to a question. Or maybe when he tells a Hispanic reporter to go back to Univision... or mocks a disabled reporter, maybe I'll see the comparison. Off of this, I'm just not seeing it.

36 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

A couple of things: Biden was clearly in the wrong here. I know a lot of liberals will say he was right (and yeah, it was a dumb question), but he shouldn't have called him an SOB. Presidents should stay above that kinda stuff, although like anyone under pressure, they can slip or make mistakes.

But also, if the immediate reaction to an apology is that the apology doesn't matter and both sides are the same, doesn't that just provide incentives for public figures to just act like bigger and bigger jackwagons and double down going forward?

That's the point and strategy I think

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Right, people can dislike Biden's presidential performance all they want, but to consider his behavior to be anything remotely like Trump is dishonest at the very least.    

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2022 at 5:00 PM, gehringer_2 said:

Sinema censured by the AZ democratic party for not supporting filibuster reform. Easy enough to understand the frustration with her but they better be sure they can hold her seat in '24 if they dump her.

perfect is the enemy of the good.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

right.  biden said something he shouldnt have and then apologized.  that's what adults do.  they dont double down on it like trump did.  because trump acts like an insecure 15 year old.

cause he kinda is.

otoh, is jim acosta going to give a tirade about how his life in danger and journalism is in danger because biden swore at a reporter?  are we going to get another report from another NGO about how journalists in america are suddenly living dangerous lives and that the us is a dangerous place for journalism?

probably not.

3 minutes ago, buddha said:

right.  biden said something he shouldnt have and then apologized.  that's what adults do.  they dont double down on it like trump did.  because trump acts like an insecure 15 year old.

cause he kinda is.

otoh, is jim acosta going to give a tirade about how his life in danger and journalism is in danger because biden swore at a reporter?  are we going to get another report from another NGO about how journalists in america are suddenly living dangerous lives and that the us is a dangerous place for journalism?

probably not.

Except for the death threats from the Caesar Seyocks of the World, journalism is a never ending avenue of green lights.

Edited by romad1

Between Sinema and Chaney, Arizona does politics right. Sinema gets censured at home for having the ‘nads to think for herself and Cheney gets punished and loses a committee position for the same reason.  
Maverics they are.

Edited by 1776

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Because your comrades are saying he apologized and Doocy never said he did, even when asked directly.   It really not that big a deal but there's so much false or bad information that's posted in this political forum that I thought I would point it out.

2 hours ago, JayB said:

When he approaches 1/100th of the derogatory remarks Trump made towards the press then we can start talking. When he talks about changing libel laws, suing the press, and jailing members of the press, we can start talking. When he mocks a reporter with a disability we can start talking. Until then, take your false equivalences, pack them neatly in your satchel, and head on down the road.

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

It's unfortunate Doocy isn't female. He could have then just said she had blood coming out of her wherever. 

Or could have said "she never thinks before asking a question" like he did to ABC News reporter Cecilia Vega.

But yeah, Donald Trump saying that Megyn Kelly was so angry she was bleeding out of her eyes and her vaginal area is a pretty despicable thing to say to a woman.

Amazing that anyone could call any president of the past forty or more years "human". They are all criminals. Have we found those WMDs yet? Every politician involved in greenlighting Iraq and Afghanistan should be in prison or worse. Responsible for killing millions, and for what? Now we are teetering on another BS war (that has far more potential to do some serious damage that we haven't seen since WW2). Most of them still hold some sort of office of power. And we just reelect them. No big deal. Nothing but a bunch of war mongers. Nothing but a bunch of liars. 

Incredible how short sighted we are as a society. As we bicker about some he said she said BS day to day. I'm just as guilty of it as anyone. In the meantime our tax dollars are being plundered, while our infrastructure is going to shit, people are starving and cant afford basic necessity's. Tent city's everywhere. Prices are skyrocketing... which is only going to further affect those who are already struggling and create more that will struggle. And its going to get worse. Our national media is an absolute shit show. Go out of their way to hide the truth for a salary. Hundreds of thousands can die of opioid addictions, drugs, obesity, etc.. all of which can be curbed to where it isn't a such a problem as it is now. All of which is ignored by many of us. But if some don't want to take an experimental vax, they should be striped of all their rights and shamed. All created by the same people who created the opioids. The only thing they care about is profit.  

From JB to LBJ our polices from home to abroad have been a complete disaster. All they do is create division amongst us, wars and poverty across the globe. But he said this, and he did that, and she's not playing along... when are we going to start peeling back that onion? Start calling out what the real issues are... When are we going to say, as a society that these BS wars need to stop. That these deadly drugs, that are made right in our backyard or easily brought across our border... need to stop. Our tax dollars being sent to some country that 90% of us never heard of so they can research dandelion patches and how they affect migratory birds. The people we elect do their damn jobs and create policy that helps us succeed as Americans instead of making their bank accounts bigger.

When is there going to be some accountability for selling you, me and your neighbor out?