Biden's presidency

ewsieg

21 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

I’ve already seen comments on Facebook saying Build Back Better was a failure…which obviously hasn’t even passed the senate. Earth 2.0 is full of bots. 

I don’t think calling it a failure is entirely out of the question. If the process of getting it passed was a part of the discussion, yes, it was a failure. 

On 1/28/2022 at 3:02 PM, Tigerbomb13 said:

I’ve already seen comments on Facebook saying Build Back Better was a failure…which obviously hasn’t even passed the senate. Earth 2.0 is full of bots. 

Build Back Better is beyond a failure, it's been disastrous to this point.  It could change though, so that's about the only defense there is. 

If you told me that 1 year into Biden's presidency we'd:

1) Be out of Afghanistan

2) Have 5 years old and up eligible for the Covid vaccine and easy access to it, along with a current strain that is already showing what history shows in similar events (but sometimes many more years in developing), a form that isn't as severe.

3) An infrastructure bill.

Yes, infrastructure and no, this isn't fantasyland.  Instead of being able to celebrate and tout this incredible achievement, the dems decided to move to fantasyland and instead of pushing through a BBB package that Manchin would sign, they have turned on him (and Sinema), and are trying any means necessary (voting rights now) to beat those two up, not get anything further accomplished, and put dark clouds over the actual achievements that have been already done.

Edited by ewsieg

1 hour ago, pfife said:

I think you just literally argued that they lost on BBB b/c they tried BBB instead of celebrating not BBB instead of trying BBB.   SMH

Manchin made it clear what he'd do, it's not like he keeps moving the stick.  So yes, they lost on BBB b/c they kept pushing for more and now the story is that Biden/dems have failed, where they could be touting a huge victory in infrastructure and saved face and had a minor victory in a smaller BBB.

Are we sure it's not just a guy in a similar looking Toyota Camry coming home to his family from a long day at work? 

Seriously though, sounds like we got a bad guy.  Sucks he put women and children around him regardless if it was his own doing or something we did to get him.

• 4 weeks later...

I like the State of the Union address thus far. Biden's doing a good job balancing Ukraine and the real issues people care about like inflation. He's not a great public speaker, but he's done fine tonight. 

We're so polarized and demoralized as a nation though that I don't know that this will present Biden and the Democrats the chance to hit the reset button and start bouncing back.

First SOTU that I have watched in a long time, mostly because of current events... and came away thinking it was one of Biden's better speeches as President.

The backdrop of Ukraine helped in that it allowed more a of a unified front than these speeches usually give off.