Biden's presidency

ewsieg

50 minutes ago, oblong said:

ssshhh.... you are ruining the narrative.

Also today I learned that the Keystone XL pipeline was only 6% complete when Biden "Shut it down"  Any oil from that operation would have been years away.

What I think is funny is when people argue that closing that pipeline damaged our energy independence.   Because Canadian oil = American energy independence.

43 minutes ago, Archie said:

The number of current leases is misleading. Not all leases are productive so new ones are needed to be explored . 

Its was well publicized that on day one Biden signed an executive order that put an end to all new leases and the keystone pipeline.  Gas prices have been going up since Biden took office. We were close to being energy independant when the democrats took over and like so many good things for the country they ended it.

So do you still trust the sources that told you he stopped all new leases, since that was obviously false?

7 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Excellent, all for it. Oil is trading @ $128 a barrel now. This will be interesting to follow although I’m sure some of this is already priced in to some degree. 

I wonder if actual imports have already dropped some before this action.

This is more specifically aimed at Archie than at GOP politicians., but in terms of this war, it's happening because of one man alone: Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin. This was a war of choice that did not have to happen.

So when someone comes along and, instead of placing blames where it lies, repeatedly blames Joe Biden for this war happening, it starts coming across like an excuse or an apologia for the war criminal who is ultimately responsible for this thing. And it makes me start questioning whether that person wishes this country success in dealing with Russia going forward.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

This is more specifically aimed at Archie than at GOP politicians., but in terms of this war, it's happening because of one man alone: Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin. This was a war of choice that did not have to happen.

So when someone comes along and, instead of placing blames where it lies, repeatedly blames Joe Biden for this war happening, it starts coming across like an excuse or an apologia for the war criminal who is ultimately responsible for this thing. And it makes me start questioning whether that person wishes this country success in dealing with Russia going forward.

I still believe if we had a strong and healthy POTUS (dem or rep), this invasion wouldn't have happened.  This invasion is not only Putin going after Ukraine as it is him and his buddy Xi giving a big FU to the US. The US is being tested because of Biden. 

I said before that I beleive Condi Rice is calling the shots behind the scenes, which makes sense and actually makes me feel better.  While I don't agree with her politics she is not a dummy. Biden is probably sitting on the couch with an ice cream cone watching cartoons.

As for the economy, inflation and gas prices have been increasing  since Biden took office. His/Democrat/Squad policies are mostly responsible for that. If we were an energy independant country then we wouldn't be buying oil from Russia in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Archie said:

I still believe if we had a strong and healthy POTUS (dem or rep), this invasion wouldn't have happened.  This invasion is not only Putin going after Ukraine as it is him and his buddy Xi giving a big FU to the US. The US is being tested because of Biden. 

I said before that I beleive Condi Rice is calling the shots behind the scenes, which makes sense and actually makes me feel better.  While I don't agree with her politics she is not a dummy. Biden is probably sitting on the couch with an ice cream cone watching cartoons.

As for the economy, inflation and gas prices have been increasing  since Biden took office. His/Democrat/Squad policies are mostly responsible for that. If we were an energy independant country then we wouldn't be buying oil from Russia in the first place.

Who would you consider a strong and healthy POTUS?  Please don't embarrass yourself by suggesting Trump.  

7 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Yeah, Biden is getting lots of advice from experts in the field as he should, but Rice is not one of them.  He's not talking to media people or Pillow guy either.  

No doubt. Getting advice is one thing, but to suggest she is this shadow secretary of defense is…silly. 

22 minutes ago, Archie said:

I still believe if we had a strong and healthy POTUS (dem or rep), this invasion wouldn't have happened. 

And again, I would suggest that you dont understand what you are talking about.

Either way, the responsibility for the invasion lies with the invader. Suggestions otherwise make me think you are making excuses or apologias for the invader. And make me question how supportive you are of our country in dealing with the Russians in this moment of aggression.

21 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Who would you consider a strong and healthy POTUS?  Please don't embarrass yourself by suggesting Trump.  

Shrub was strong and healthy - probably more so than any US Pres in my lifetime - and also a disaster as POTUS. And I was dumb enough to vote for him once....

Reagan was in excellent condition for a man of his age until the dementia hit.

OTOH, FDR managed WWII with one foot in the grave...

Edited by gehringer_2

27 minutes ago, Archie said:

With all this multiverse stuff going on...

Which Universe do you live in Archie Bunker?

Because it isn't this one.

Are you visiting us from MAGA Universe? Dementia Universe? Live-in-my-Mom's-Basement Universe? Partisan-Hackery-Supreme Universe? Fog-of-my-own-Farts Universe? (Last one was Jim Cowen's suggestion...).

I need to know because I want to avoid your universe. There is definitely something wrong, very very wrong, with your universe.

I can't quite put my finger on it...

7 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Shrub was strong and healthy - probably more so than any US Pres in my lifetime - and also a disaster as POTUS. And I was dumb enough to vote for him once....

Reagan was in excellent condition for a man of his age until the dementia hit.

OTOH, FDR managed WWII with one foot in the grave...

I just want the guy who makes the best decisions for this country.

Not for a White Trash Bigoted/Fascist base only.