Biden's presidency

ewsieg

5 minutes ago, Archie said:

I'm a patriotic American. I get that is hard for some people to understand especially those folks on left that put America last and don't care about national security or energy dependance. 

Is it your patriotic duty to always be this condescending?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: both on the current iteration and former iteration of this board, I've seen countless posts about liberal intolerance and whatnot.

Yet I do not think there's a more intolerant view that can be expressed about someone than for someone to say that *their fellow Americans*, whose only crime is to have a different viewpoint, are bigger threats than Russia or China or any other adversaries. And if someone is saying that about you, I don't exactly understand how it's possible to have a good faith exchange of ideas with that person... 

And on top of all that, the Chinese and Russians and other adversaries cash in on exploiting our divisions. 

Knowing that, it seems like the most "patriotic" thing wouldn't be to play right into those divisions. But that's just me.

1 hour ago, Archie said:

I have no interest in giving aid or working with our enemies especially Iran.  Myself and many people in this country believe the greatest threat to the US comes from within by the liberals and Democrat party.  The comments posted here at times back that theory up especially on the topic of national security.

Many people in this country also believe the earth is flat and that the well-documented Holocaust never happened.

1 hour ago, Archie said:

I'm a patriotic American. I get that is hard for some people to understand especially those folks on left that put America last and don't care about national security or energy dependance. 

Everybody is America first except for your cult leader.  He is me first and me only.  Imagine having a crazy man who has no morals or ethics at all and who is incapable of thinking beyond himself as your leader.  Not only that but millions believe every word he says and love him unconditionally.  That's kind of creepy.  Don't you think?  

1 hour ago, pfife said:

Yep it wasn't liberals & Democrats attacking the capitol of our country.   It isn't liberals & Democrats trying to inflict pain on their own capital city by driving around it a lot

LOL -  when ever I hear this my mind goes right to the Monty Python "Life of Brian" sketch "What have the Romans done for us?"

Let's see, Dems have had to rescue the economy twice after the GOP put it into disaster, provided tens of millions of Americans with health care they lacked, ended participation in one of the endless wars the GOP started, repaired international security arrangements that the GOP was well along the path to shattering, and is the party working against the interests of racist white nationalists. Yeah - I guess all those things are too unAmerican to countenance - that is if you have a Trumper's view of what you want America to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

44 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

right - fracking is very low capital, low barrier to entry compared to other oil production methods. It comes up and goes down much faster with price than things like offshore where there are huge capital costs that delay entry and sunk costs that delay exit.

The number of current leases is misleading. Not all leases are productive so new ones are needed to be explored . 

Its was well publicized that on day one Biden signed an executive order that put an end to all new leases and the keystone pipeline.  Gas prices have been going up since Biden took office. We were close to being energy independant when the democrats took over and like so many good things for the country they ended it.

• Haha 1

when COVID crashed the world economy, the drop in the price of oil drove frackers off their fields. As the economy came back, supply was low so prices rose. Prices have to increase to the point where producers back start up again. Price elasticity of supply and demand - Econ 101. The US federal government has had little to do with this - it's called market economics, and this market has done exactly what any market would do under the circumstances. On top of that war uncertainty has added some additional premium of course. And it wasn't the US gov that invaded Ukraine either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Archie said:

Its was well publicized that on day one Biden signed an executive order that put an end to all new leases and the keystone pipeline.  

You realize that an injunction was issued in regards to the pause on leases and that leases on public lands are still happening, right?

According to research released by AAA gas prices spiked in July of 2008 at $4.11 a gallon (who was in the WH then?)Crude was 147.87 a barrel. $4.00 in 2008 is equivalent to $5.27 today.

People are driving more than what they were last time we saw $2 a gallon. The liberal Pew Research Center explains this so even conservatives can understand it..

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/12/09/gasoline-costs-more-these-days-but-price-spikes-have-a-long-history-and-happen-for-a-host-of-reasons/

BTW I'm old enough to remember the Arab Oil Embargo in 1973-74...Wonder who was in office then?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1