Biden's presidency

ewsieg

47 minutes ago, JayB said:

Amazing that anyone could call any president of the past forty or more years "human". They are all criminals. Have we found those WMDs yet? Every politician involved in greenlighting Iraq and Afghanistan should be in prison or worse. Responsible for killing millions, and for what? Now we are teetering on another BS war (that has far more potential to do some serious damage that we haven't seen since WW2). Most of them still hold some sort of office of power. And we just reelect them. No big deal. Nothing but a bunch of war mongers. Nothing but a bunch of liars. 

Incredible how short sighted we are as a society. As we bicker about some he said she said BS day to day. I'm just as guilty of it as anyone. In the meantime our tax dollars are being plundered, while our infrastructure is going to shit, people are starving and cant afford basic necessity's. Tent city's everywhere. Prices are skyrocketing... which is only going to further affect those who are already struggling and create more that will struggle. And its going to get worse. Our national media is an absolute shit show. Go out of their way to hide the truth for a salary. Hundreds of thousands can die of opioid addictions, drugs, obesity, etc.. all of which can be curbed to where it isn't a such a problem as it is now. All of which is ignored by many of us. But if some don't want to take an experimental vax, they should be striped of all their rights and shamed. All created by the same people who created the opioids. The only thing they care about is profit.  

From JB to LBJ our polices from home to abroad have been a complete disaster. All they do is create division amongst us, wars and poverty across the globe. But he said this, and he did that, and she's not playing along... when are we going to start peeling back that onion? Start calling out what the real issues are... When are we going to say, as a society that these BS wars need to stop. That these deadly drugs, that are made right in our backyard or easily brought across our border... need to stop. Our tax dollars being sent to some country that 90% of us never heard of so they can research dandelion patches and how they affect migratory birds. The people we elect do their damn jobs and create policy that helps us succeed as Americans instead of making their bank accounts bigger.

When is there going to be some accountability for selling you, me and your neighbor out? 

How it all started;

Screenshot_20220122-135245_Twitter.thumb.jpg.860a1d124c6b664f3a90b3e8a87af8f0.jpgScreenshot_20220110-221242_Twitter.thumb.jpg.75c62a6e9714278f87b718f2f9167e54.jpg

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 1776 said:

Although I don’t care much for Biden, how do you not get totally frustrated with that question! Joe has a lot of domestic and geopolitical issues on his plate now. He’s probably missing his senate days right about now. 

I would have went with "No Shit, Sherlock".... it would have pointed out the absurd stupidity of the question in a less personal way lol

2 hours ago, 1776 said:

Although I don’t care much for Biden, how do you not get totally frustrated with that question! Joe has a lot of domestic and geopolitical issues on his plate now. He’s probably missing his senate days right about now. 

it truly is a dumb question - it's basically "is inflation bad politically?" 

2 hours ago, buddha said:

right.  biden said something he shouldnt have and then apologized.  that's what adults do.  they dont double down on it like trump did.  because trump acts like an insecure 15 year old.

cause he kinda is.

otoh, is jim acosta going to give a tirade about how his life in danger and journalism is in danger because biden swore at a reporter?  are we going to get another report from another NGO about how journalists in america are suddenly living dangerous lives and that the us is a dangerous place for journalism?

probably not.

phwew the cares about jim acosta caucus just got kicked in the stones bad

3 hours ago, romad1 said:

W Bush and Dick Cheney called that NYT reporter a bad name and it wasn’t that bad.  It’s fake decorum pearl clutching.  Trump always did something worse.  

…. I’m just adding this  to the conversation because I found it amusing. (And, yes, it’s actually true)

D87A0C0F-AFAB-42F4-BA33-9B826E608338.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, romad1 said:

W Bush and Dick Cheney called that NYT reporter a bad name and it wasn’t that bad.  It’s fake decorum pearl clutching.  Trump always did something worse.  

Background (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Clymer)

Clymer may be best known for an incident on September 4, 2000, when Bush and running mate Dick Cheney appeared at a campaign event in Naperville, Illinois. While on stage before the event, Bush said to Cheney, "There's Adam Clymer, major-league asshole from the New York Times." Cheney responded, "Oh yeah, he is, big time." The remarks were picked up by a live microphone, causing a minor campaign controversy. Bush subsequently remarked, "I regret that a private comment I made to the vice presidential candidate made it through the public airways. I regret everybody heard what I said," but declined to retract the comment itself.

4 hours ago, Archie said:

Because your comrades are saying he apologized and Doocy never said he did, even when asked directly.   It really not that big a deal but there's so much false or bad information that's posted in this political forum that I thought I would point it out.

I think the fact that he contacted him and talked to him about it is good enough.  Questioning whether that qualifies as an official apology makes one sound like a whiney little snowflake.  Biden said something dumb and apolgized for it.  Trump never did that in his life.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I think the fact that he contacted him and talked to him about it is good enough.  Questioning whether that qualifies as an official apology makes one sound like a whiney little snowflake.  Biden said something dumb and apolgized for it.  Trump never did that in his life.  

We have a 1st Amendment that protects free speech of all people and that's great. But as a matter of good taste and judgement, anyone who supports Trump shouldn't be commenting on or being critical of someone else's decorum and professionalism in the White House unless they are willing to acknowledge and renounce the last 5 years of what we all went through. Acknowledge and renounce mocking disabled NYT reporter Serve Kovaleski, the Megyn Kelly blood coming out of her vagina comments, Cecila Vega you never think comment, all the fake news media comments, all the comments calling the media terrible people.

My dad had a stroke in 1974.  Affected his speech and memory a little bit. Struggled with names so everyone was “that son of a bitch”   Didn’t mean it in a bad way. He knew nicknames but not real ones. Sparky. Yes. Chuck Daly?  No. Even though my dads name was Chuck.  

16 hours ago, oblong said:

Is it relevant that Bush was a candidate while Biden is behind the seal at a podium? I don’t care either way.  Someone expressing an opinion on a reporter vs a direct attack is the difference. 

I don't think that's relevant.  If you're a candidate, you're trying to prove your worthy of sitting behind that seal so it seems just as bad (if it's really that bad at all).  

I was listening to Breaking Points yesterday (highly recommend) and the only issue they had with Biden on this is that he called Doocy to apologize.  Their point, issue a statement, move past it, but own the comment.  Overall, not a big deal.  

If inflation isn’t resolved in the near future, Biden and his party are going to have a problem. This isn’t a partisan comment, it’s a fact. Prices and wages are rising for obvious reasons. Unfortunately, prices are more than offsetting wage hikes. And as history has shown, the folks with the lesser means always feel the most pain. The Federal Reserve demonstrated yesterday that they still are intimidated by market moves. Will someone explain to me the reason the Fed sees fit to continue buying bonds for another month and a half with inflation rising as it is! Personally, I believe the markets volatility this month spooked Powell and his comrades to an extent.

biden is underwater in approval/disapproval ratings.  he's very underwater with non-college voters.  i think people see covid and inflation and equate those concerns with biden.  

if covid dissipates this summer and inflation starts to go down, we should see his numbers go up.  if not, look out below democrats.

34 minutes ago, buddha said:

biden is underwater in approval/disapproval ratings.  he's very underwater with non-college voters.  i think people see covid and inflation and equate those concerns with biden.  

if covid dissipates this summer and inflation starts to go down, we should see his numbers go up.  if not, look out below democrats.

Pretty much. I won't even argue that there actually are some good economic indicators out there, such as GDP growth, but it's not going to matter if people feel like or see that they are paying more for goods. In some cases more than that growth, depending on the commodity.

1 hour ago, 1776 said:

If inflation isn’t resolved in the near future, Biden and his party are going to have a problem. This isn’t a partisan comment, it’s a fact. Prices and wages are rising for obvious reasons. Unfortunately, prices are more than offsetting wage hikes. And as history has shown, the folks with the lesser means always feel the most pain. The Federal Reserve demonstrated yesterday that they still are intimidated by market moves. Will someone explain to me the reason the Fed sees fit to continue buying bonds for another month and a half with inflation rising as it is! Personally, I believe the markets volatility this month spooked Powell and his comrades to an extent.

The Fed should have stop easing the minute the $1400 checks went out. Bernanke's whole excuse for QE was the refusal of the Federal Gov to do the fiscal stimulus as needed. Once Biden was elected and it was clear that fiscal stimulus was back on the menu, the Fed should have been done. The 6-9 mos lost waiting to see the inflation they could have predicted just means they will have to correct harder. And you are correct, it's because the FED is in thrall to Wall Street.